Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So today is Nowruz, or the Persian New Year. Fittingly, it is on the day of the vernal equinox, the first day of spring. During the days leading up to Nowruz, everyone cleans their homes, buys new clothes, and most importantly, cleans their soul in preparation of the new year. The last Wednesday of the year is called Chaharshambe Suri, where people celebrate the going of the last days of the old year. One thing in particular that people do is leap over a small fire, which is supposed to 'clean your soul'. People can say a chant in Persian that translates to "Fire, take my sickness (or yellowness/paleness) and give me your strength (or redness)". So the fire takes all the bad things from you and strengthens you for the whole year! This of course is part of a tradition that is thousands of years old and now only the young people do it for fun, but I did this on Wednesday and it got me thinking.

Even if you don't celebrate Nowruz, today IS the first day of spring, when everything is new. The flowers bloom, baby animals are born, and the sun finally starts to show its face! Today is the perfect day to make some changes in your life. If your acne holds you back, or it makes you sad and depressed, today is the day when you can change that. Write down how you feel, go outside and do something you like, go for a walk, cook a meal you really like, treat yourself to something! You may think people look at you and shudder, but no stranger in public cares! And the small number of jerks who bring you down because they don't like themselves-- SCREW THEM. People suck sometimes and will make you feel bad, but they don't mean anything. The worst thing you can do is bring yourself down if there's already a**holes doing it! This is your life, its a new year, MAKE THE BEST OF IT!

i really like this post : )

the small number of jerks who bring you down because they don't like themselves-- SCREW THEM. People suck sometimes and will make you feel bad, but they don't mean anything. The worst thing you can do is bring yourself down if there's already a**holes doing it! This is your life, its a new year, MAKE THE BEST OF IT!

@klick

Pedaram irani hast, madaram faranze hast. Man kheylee kam farsi midoonam!

@den_den

I'm glad you liked it! Acne really held me back for years and years, and now that my skin is finally starting to respond positively to a treatment and I'm become more outgoing and less held back, I realize how much I regret wasting years of my life that so many older people wish they could relive.