Notifications
Clear all

My body Co2 laser resurfacing picture log

MemberMember
(@lassimus)

Posted : 03/20/2010 7:15 am

Hi folks!

After lurking these pages for the last couple of years, I decided it was my turn to contribute some.

I am a 26 year old male from Norway who had some unfortunate acne periods during my teens and into my twenties. My acne started with my face probably around age 16 which is kind of normal. The acne was pretty mild although some breakouts were more severe than others. Overall I had no more acne than the regular kid in my school. As time progresed and I got older, the acne actually subsided in my face. This happened around age 19,but the problem just went to a different area, my chest,back and shoulders to a more severe and cystic degree. I also want to add, that even though my acne cleared up in my face my skin was still very oily, which meant I hadto wash my face in water several times a day in order to avoid people to mirror themselves in my forehead.

As my cytsic body acne developed I decided to visit a dermotologist in order to get a prescription for accutane. After reading about the prescription drug on the internet I decided against it because of the possible side effects (Really stupid decision), my gilrfriend at the time also voted against it because of this. I was 21 yr atthe given time. Two years later I finally decided to take it after talking to another dermatologist, because the acne was untolereable. If someone clapped my shoulder it was really painful, and not to mention not beeing able to wear white clothing on my upper body. if a zit popped it would bleed all over my shirt.

After beeing 14-15months on accutane at 80mg I was finally clear of all active acne and oily skin, so happy! Bad hypertrophic scarring was left as evidence of my previous acne. So lets try to do something about that as well. The last 4 months I have been using silicone sheets (5x6 inches) from Cica-Care on my shoulders/upper back. The result have actually been very good, some redness are gone, the hypertrophic scars have subsided and the scarring is softer. Overall, quite good result from this treatment. I wore this 20-23 hours a day for 4months.

Okay, then lets go to the next level, what about Co2 laser resurfacing? After reading for a few months I was losing hope because it was evident this would only work on thinner skin like the face, neck, hands etc.After contacting 4-5 different laser clinics, one woman would do me. She had treated 1300 person with hypertrophic scarring, both face and body. I emailed some photos of my back and got a price, approximately $800.

The plan was to do Co2 laser at 10600nm, but she decided 13000nm instead because of my severe scarring. After beeing prepped with a anesthetic cream for one hour I was ready for the procedure. The pain wasnt that bad, although the center area close to my spine was quite painful, probably beacuse the skin is abit thinner there, I dont know. The barbecue lasted 45min. Then i was put under another laser called "He-NE laser" for 1 hour who supposedly should repair and speed up the healing process.

Day 1 and 2 my back felt like a really bad sunburn, and my skin still feels really tight (day 3) at the present day. It is too soon to see some results, and hopefully the final results will be okay. My scarring will always be there, but an improvement of 20-30% and I will be happy. Hopefully some of the redness at least will dissapear and the skin tone will be more even around the scars.

I will try to post pictures now and then, maybe once a weak to show my progress during the recovery.

Sorry if my english is bad. Thanks and peace out.

Feel free to ask me questions and participate in the thread. :)

MemberMember
(@lassimus)

Posted : 03/20/2010 7:19 am

Pictures pre-treatment.

post-84069-1269087422_thumb.jpg

post-84069-1269087443_thumb.jpg

post-84069-1269087465_thumb.jpg

post-84069-1269087491_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@lassimus)

Posted : 03/20/2010 7:23 am

Day 3

post-84069-1269087764_thumb.jpg

post-84069-1269087775_thumb.jpg

post-84069-1269087782_thumb.jpg

post-84069-1269087799_thumb.jpg

post-84069-1269087808_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@dave99)

Posted : 03/20/2010 3:34 pm

Wow, that's radical. Assuming they know what they're doing, I think you got a good deal. That probably would have cost thousands in the US.

MemberMember
(@luvskincare13)

Posted : 03/20/2010 3:43 pm

Good luck to you!

MemberMember
(@pattymo)

Posted : 04/12/2014 1:31 pm

sorry for bumping this old thread but this seems like something different for body scarring, i wonder if it worked for him and this is why he never came back? anyone else had something like this done? I am thinking of doing something like this once the summer is over...

MemberMember
(@bioneedle)

Posted : 04/12/2014 10:00 pm

I'm curious to see if he still lurks on the board and has an update as well.

MemberMember
(@getstatuslinkgmail-com)

Posted : 03/17/2021 2:02 pm

@Lassimus come back to us with an update when you are ready :)