Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
user11

accutane question

hi everyone, i am on accutane.. it seems to be working im also taking vitamins that dan suggest.. i;ve mentioned in my other topic that im also on dans regimen.. im just doing it to keep my acne at bay and avoid initial breakout that people experience on accutane....

1. did anyone use acne products on accutane? im planning to stop(although dont know if ill break out after stopping).. planning to stop after i clear up on accutane.

2. do i need to use acne medications after completing course of accutane?

Thanks, im going to see my derm monday and planning to ask her the same questions but personal experience will def hep. THANK you all and good luck!!

I'd stop using Dan's Regime ASAP if I were you. Lots of BP + Accutane is just bad news. Hell, I hardly even wash my face anymore because it dries me out too much (and that's on low dose accutane).

As for afterward: I, myself, wouldn't bother, but that's only because I know acne products don't work for me.If they work for you, then sure, go ahead and use them after the cycle is done.

I still use benzoyl peroxide soap in the shower, but I don't follow Dan's regimen. I wash the soap off, if I left that stuff on me all day it would be pretty rough...

Edited by Pimpstick

hi everyone, i am on accutane.. it seems to be working im also taking vitamins that dan suggest.. i;ve mentioned in my other topic that im also on dans regimen.. im just doing it to keep my acne at bay and avoid initial breakout that people experience on accutane....

1. did anyone use acne products on accutane? im planning to stop(although dont know if ill break out after stopping).. planning to stop after i clear up on accutane.

2. do i need to use acne medications after completing course of accutane?

Thanks, im going to see my derm monday and planning to ask her the same questions but personal experience will def hep. THANK you all and good luck!!

I was using Duac topical gel for the first two weeks while on accutane, but now my skin is so dry that it would probably crack and start bleeding if I used any acne products. The bad part about that though is that now I am breaking out pretty badly. I dont know if this is the "initial breakout", or if it is as a result of not using the acne products...

I used tazorac (one of the strongest topicals available) to treat a few breakouts. It really dried out my face but I think it also helped the breakouts. I'm not using it anymore though cause the drying was kind of intense and I just want to let the accutane to it's job.