Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So a couple years ago I had some mild/moderate acne mainly on my forehead and so I started using Proactiv. It got better then worse then better again and my skin was clear for the most part for the next two years (until now). Now I've started using that "New proactiv" and I have been using it for about 1 month. My face is breaking out so bad, and everytime I think I'm starting to get it under control it starts breaking out again. Is my face just getting used to the new proactiv or does it just not work?

Also, if you have any suggestions of products that work well that would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you :)

So a couple years ago I had some mild/moderate acne mainly on my forehead and so I started using Proactiv. It got better then worse then better again and my skin was clear for the most part for the next two years (until now). Now I've started using that "New proactiv" and I have been using it for about 1 month. My face is breaking out so bad, and everytime I think I'm starting to get it under control it starts breaking out again. Is my face just getting used to the new proactiv or does it just not work?

Also, if you have any suggestions of products that work well that would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you :)

Okay, I think that if the "old" proactiv worked for you, go back to it. My motto is, if it is not broken, do not fix it! However, I have suffered from acne for years and been to many dermatologist and breaking it down to the success.....keep on a regime....it takes skin time to see what works, sometimes 4-6 weeks. I know this sucks, but it is true. The basic is the best. Over priced products does not mean it will work better. Find a product that is oil free, fragrance free and alcohol free to wash your face with along with a moisturizer the same. Only wash 2x a day, no more. If you strip the oils from your skin, then your skin will produce more thinking that it needs it, then you will break out even more. Retina Micro works well, RX, Acne.org BP works well, Epiduo worked for me for sometime. Make sure you always have clean pillow cases when you go to bed, blot your skin dry after washing, do not pick at your skin. Water, Water, Water helps as well. Sometimes you have to go back to the basics with everything and you will be amazed at what will make an improvement. Oh, also, oil free makeup is huge!!!!! Oil is the culprit!!!!!!