Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

..and my face looks clearer than it's done in years.

It's great.

Maybe I need to wake up a little first - I guess my eyes could be a bit blurry! lol.gif

Hmm. And all this is after I had a pretty bad cystic breakout earlier in the week and over last weekend.

OK, so the redness is still there, in one pretty concentrated area, but my confidence is increasing if things stay like this.

I said 'If'. Lord knows there'll probably be another breakout tomorrow after a good few days clear of new breakouts, but fingers crossed.

So I'm gonna go out with my friends today, for the first time in ages, it'll be the first time in weeks I've even left the house. smile.gif I figure nobody's going to comment just if I have a red chin, right? People can't notice things like that much, surely? I don't know. I have to make sure I don't irritate my skin in a minute when I wash and shower though, right before I go out.

I changed my cleanser earlier in the week, and it seems to be paying off. Woke up late today and missed the time I usually take my tetracycline tablets by an hour, does anyone know if that'll make a huge difference? I'm hoping not..

I need my hair cut, so I'm still gonna look like crap lol.gif but hey.

First time I've come on here and 'vented' in a positive way. Feels good. Hope this lasts. I love my life with clear skin, days like this remind me of that.

Woke up late today and missed the time I usually take my tetracycline tablets by an hour, does anyone know if that'll make a huge difference? I'm hoping not..

that certianly caught me off guard, i was thinking it was gonna be another negative post

is that true ,,, 15 hour seperation between taking your pills?  does that pretty much apply to anything?

No. oxytetracycline should be taken two or three times a day (whatever the label recommends) and one hour before food. It shouldn't be taken at the same time of day as milk products, iron preparations or indigestion remedies. I don't know where 15 hours came into it, but its rubbish.

I'm not sure about "oxy"tetracycline, but when I took tetracycline my acne didn't do nothing. Doxylcycline helped clear my skin.

Hey man, nice to hear a positive outlook for a change. I stopped checking the threads in here recently cus of all the "OMG! I WANNA DIE!" stuff that was goin round. Hope all thats passed... wink.gif

--jay

is that true ,,, 15 hour seperation between taking your pills?  does that pretty much apply to anything?

No. oxytetracycline should be taken two or three times a day (whatever the label recommends) and one hour before food. It shouldn't be taken at the same time of day as milk products, iron preparations or indigestion remedies. I don't know where 15 hours came into it, but its rubbish.

And Tetracycline is generally taken once a day for acne, twice for other infections. Obviously there couldn't be a 15 hour gap if you had to take it more than once per day Mr Abrasive.

And Tetracycline is generally taken once a day for acne, twice for other infections. Obviously there couldn't be a 15 hour gap if you had to take it more than once per day Mr Abrasive.

Hey man, nice to hear a positive outlook for a change. I stopped checking the threads in here recently cus of all the "OMG! I WANNA DIE!" stuff that was goin round. Hope all thats passed... wink.gif

--jay

Hi Elsa user posted image I just saw your picture...seeing improvement! How you feeling about everything today honey?

Not speaking specifically to Crooked, but today I have my brass pants on which only open with a special lock hidden on a small beach in Cornwall somewhere.

nah, not really - they're mainly for daddy's girls who dont want anyone else to touch their own special little girls.

--jay

Lol; excessive pessimism in this forum can be depressing, but to tell you the truth, if everyone was happy-go-lucky I'd go crazy.

shock.gif Oh my God! Doopie, you only joined this boards last month and you've already posted more than 1000 messages! wub.gif I love you, girl!

OK...

That's the weekend done, and I'm still relatively clear.

I've had a couple of little whiteheads pop up, one on the side of my chin, and a couple in that nasty 'in between the eyes' spot, but I've dealt with them, hopefully.

Slept out on Saturday night and completely missed my washing routine (and got a few hours sleep, completely dehydrated from not drinking hardly any water after alcohol), so, more than anything I woke up on Sunday morning completely flushed and red, which made my already-red chin look even worse. Think that's a side effect of alcohol, but not a great thing with skin redness if it's already there.

I'm surprised I didn't break out for missing my washing 'regimen', but if this whole "spots form under the skin for four weeks before reaching the surface" theory is to be believed (anybody actually buy into that, by the way??) , then a month from now I'm going to be in deep trouble.

Still don't look great, I have to say, all the red marks from last week's big breakout are still, obviously, there and the few whiteheads that popped up have left redder marks still. Add that on top of my horribly unbalanced skin tone - rest of my face nice, clear; chin area dark red all over - and it's not great - and like I said, in my first post, probably still very noticeable. But I'd still rather have a clear(ish) dark red/purpley (urgh) chin, I think, than zits all over a dark red, purpley chin, I guess.

Went out clubbing on Saturday night, for the first time in about a month or so, and was still pretty self-conscious; but seemed to be getting a fair bit of attention from the ladies smile.gif ...though the dimmed lighting in bars probably helped disguised the dreaded red chin, something that the unforgiving, sunny daylight definitely doesn't.

Oh well - can't complain so far, in comparison to how I have been recently. Still sucks though, but one step at a time, I guess, and I'm praying for no more breakouts any time soon. :unsure:

smile.gif