Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
desperate_gy

just had CO2+ erbium laser resurfacing..need help

i just had the laser described in the title...anyone here please advice me what i can do to have better healing and faster healing..???.. like someone in this forum used to suggest having a face mask using fresh aloe vera...please...now is 4 days post operation and my face is swollen like a pig..

4 days post is probably the worst. I started peeling and looking much better by day 5, and day 7 I was done peeling and put make up on!

I just washed with mild cleanser, then put on a thin layer of aquaphor until the main peeling was done. Then I used a mild moisturizer after that.

but can you suggest some cream which has been claimed effective after the peeling and crusting phase of laser resurfacing..?? because i think trying something on the skin healing phase is better than doing nothing at it..right now my skin look very pink..

but can you suggest some cream which has been claimed effective after the peeling and crusting phase of laser resurfacing..?? because i think trying something on the skin healing phase is better than doing nothing at it..right now my skin look very pink..

Aquaphor, as the previous poster suggested. That's one of the best things to use after a peel.

You can also put a wet washcloth in the freezer for about five minutes or more, then take it out and put it on your face. That will help lots with the swelling and feel nice, too.

Check with your derm/doctor about suggested creams for once the peeling is done. S/he will no doubt have suggestions.

Aquaphor really works best during the healing phase post laser. The redness that lasts after that is best healed with a good moisturizer. It just takes time to fade.

i am actually from malaysia but my procedure was done in singapore..and now i am back home so i cant go back to singapore to consult the doctor...i think i am now over the peeling phase and my skin is now fresh pinkish...can you suggest me a brand of moisturizer that you find it usesul so i can just get it off the shelf from any phamarcy..?? thanks a lot...

today is 7 days post laser resurfacing and my swelling has gone and the scars start appearing again..but they are much better..esspecially those part resurfaced with CO2 laser, i think overall i got 50% improvement...so for those ppl who have only moderate to mild scar, laser could be the answer...now i am looking for another round of co2 laser or other method to get rid of or further improve the small scars that left..anyway...can someone tell me what moiturizer i should b using?? thanks...

thats nice to hear mate, really great to hear you've got 50% improovement....

just one question: are you still red or redness has faded away?

today is 7 days post laser resurfacing and my swelling has gone and the scars start appearing again..but they are much better..esspecially those part resurfaced with CO2 laser, i think overall i got 50% improvement...so for those ppl who have only moderate to mild scar, laser could be the answer...now i am looking for another round of co2 laser or other method to get rid of or further improve the small scars that left..anyway...can someone tell me what moiturizer i should b using?? thanks...

you are still swollen, even if u cant see it. Come back in a month and let us know if u still have 50% improvement.

Edited by Ziko

hello there, just to recap your memory about this topic, i did my erbium+co2 laser resurfacing in early this year. Honestly, i am satisfied with the result as it gave me around 50% improvement overall, so now i have another round of CO2 laser resurfacing which just got it done last week, so i am now "hospitalised" at home, same old question, lately, any new method or proven cream that can promote healing so that my facial colour will go back to normal colour as soon as possible..thanks..

Desperate, I use Cetaphil moisturizer once I am past the Aquaphor stage. Great improvement!!

My laser treatments have got easier with each subsequent one. The 4th one was like nothing except for the few days of swelling.

sorry, i dont understand what you mean by aquaphor stage, is it the peeling stage? ya i am now done with the peeling and my face is pinkish. do you think copper peptide will help?

when i was in the room, i was too nervous so cant be bother to look at the brand of the laser machine, anyway it is a traditional C02 laser, it is not the fraxel thing.

sorry, i dont understand what you mean by aquaphor stage, is it the peeling stage? ya i am now done with the peeling and my face is pinkish. do you think copper peptide will help?

I only used Aquaphor about 3 days. I cannot recommend CPs at this stage, but you would do better to address your question to Dr Pickart at this forum.

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/frm/f/7270023352

Edited by DudleyDoRight

i do feel interested in the cetaphil moisturizer which you are talking about, now i am after the peeling stage, can i apply now? or i need to stick with aquaphor for a while first..thanks for any comments you may give me

Look into CPs.

If I ever have any laser procedure done again- I will use it during healing phase, although id be choosing a mild cp formula because the skin is so raw right now.

Goodluck :)

another question, i check on the website www.makemeheal.com

i saw there are a lot of seemingly good products, anyone try them before? cos i am now seriously looking into a product to reduce my post-peeling healing time...