Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
karam

people acting like big babies while on accutane..

I'm in month 4 and I wish I took accutane years ago, instead of waiting this long

I think if you're healthy then I doubt accutane will cause you any problems, after being on accutane for 4 months now, I think those who complain are just attributing every little thing on accutane

sure some of it may definitely be warranted, but all in all, I think too many people are just acting like big babies

if I could go back in time to advise myself I would say to not listen to all the big babies and get on it

no pain, no proft...and the only "pain" I've gotten is dry lips, boo-hoo

i completely agree with you. tooons of people make accutane seem like it's this horrible thing that only gives you negatives. no one ever thinks "hey, these dry lips are going to be worth the flawless skin and the confidence i have after i finish with the course". i start accutane tomorrow and i couldn't be any happier. i can't wait to start seeing results! (:

best of luck with the rest of your course!

(:

-erin.

Agreed!!!

Way to many people on this site relating every change that occurs to them over their course is automatically blamed on accutane!

Guest DireStraits

Judgement should be reserved for those who are at least one month into accutane, not for people who are going to be on it tomorrow or a week into the treatment lol.

I'll just say that I'm halfway into month 3 and my side effects have been mild and short-lived (except the dry lips and mildly dry skin).

That being said, there are people who have had severe reactions to the drug because, and this should be stressed, everyone's body is going to react differently. That doesn't make them "wimps" or babies". Personally, I can't take antibiotics (I've tried 3) or BCPs (2) because of the litany of nasty side effects that tend to accompany taking them.

This is a drug, and like every other drug, it has these side effects. What good does it do to insult people who have a bad reaction that they really have no choice in, for taking a drug that they only want to help them?

I'll just say that I'm halfway into month 3 and my side effects have been mild and short-lived (except the dry lips and mildly dry skin).

That being said, there are people who have had severe reactions to the drug because, and this should be stressed, everyone's body is going to react differently. That doesn't make them "wimps" or babies". Personally, I can't take antibiotics (I've tried 3) or BCPs (2) because of the litany of nasty side effects that tend to accompany taking them.

This is a drug, and like every other drug, it has these side effects. What good does it do to insult people who have a bad reaction that they really have no choice in, for taking a drug that they only want to help them?

Certainly some people do experience side effects. And to an extent everyone does, and we just carry our lip balm and put on our moisturizer to try and compensate, and maybe pop an Advil if things get sore.

What I agree with on the posters above is, some people tend to think any problem they have with life (during the time they were on accutane) was because of accutane. I've heard of people blaming it for them failing out of school, etc. I think these accusations are a little silly.

Edited by Richard B

Thanks for starting this thread, I agree with you 100% that some people are acting like babies. Too many threads about people thinking about quitting 10 days in because the horrible drug is making them depressed and bald and yada yada yada.

If someone ran a full course of accutane, that is, hit 150 mg / kg of total accutane dosage and they STILL have acne and lingering side effects from the drug, I can see why they would be bitter and tell people not to take the drug. But I don't think many of the "babies" can say that.

I'm in my final month. Since starting accutane, I have very dry skin and eczema; noticeable hair loss; constant fatigue and weak, painful joints; difficulty concentrating and remembering.

However, I also have clear skin now, and I am 100% happy that I decided to go on Accutane.

I think this is a little harsh. I'm four months post-accutane. I agree with Purple Penguin. I experienced a lot of side effects, and I attribute most of them to accutane. Some I don't think were from accutane. I was not a "baby". I was tough and stuck with it and continually increased my dose while the side effects continued to get worse.

I definitely dont have flawless skin. But the tough five months were definitely worth the skin I have today.

Referring to people as "babies" is totally insensitive. Everyone's experience is different, and it's not fair to say that just because on person's experience was not-so-bad, that everyone else's experiece will be or has been the same. It's never like that. And there wouldn't be warnings about side effects related to such issues if it hasn't happened before.

Accutane is a SERIOUS drug and I think we should try to be a little more considerate to what people are going through or have been through and keep in mind that just because it hasn't happened to YOU, doesn't mean it CAN'T happen to someone else.

Unbelievable.

Edited by hopeful42day

wow dude, I've experienced many side-effects as a result of my accutane treatment, some of them permanent, and I don't like being called a "big baby" when I tell people about them. My doctor has confirmed that my growth was stunted as a result of my accutane treatment. I'm pissed off-- so I tell people about it... is that being a baby??? No. Thats called informing people so that they know that the side-effects of this drug are real. I'd like to see Mr. Tough Guy over hear have to deal with shitting out blood and having to deal with IBD. The fact of the matter is that Accutane is a very powerful drug. Some people get serious side-effects, others don't. But Accutane makes changes to EVERYONE's DNA and epigenetic structure. Accutane has been used to treat brain cancer because it's effectiveness in decreasing the rate of cell proliferation within rapidly dividing cells, and you are telling people to blindly take accutane because "i didnt have any side effects". Come on bro, do some research on the drug. Being a so-called "baby" isn't as bad as being ignorant tg.

I love accutane as much as the next guy, and id advise it to anyone with stubborn acne but,

The whole point of this site is to be supportive to those who need it, not to isolate them.

To be honest, id expect more from a 'veteran' member.

I love accutane as much as the next guy, and id advise it to anyone with stubborn acne but,

The whole point of this site is to be supportive to those who need it, not to isolate them.

To be honest, id expect more from a 'veteran' member.

Exactly. Thank you for posting this. I think people sometimes forget that this is a support community.

I don't know if I'd call those people 'babies'.. but I do wish some people hadn't wrongly led me to believe that accutane is a devil of a drug. I mean, it has been made out to be so much more dangerous than it is, and that kept me from considering it before.

My acne has been around for 10 years, and horrible for the last few.

I just figured the side effects of accutane were SO bad that everybody ended up.. i dont know, killing themselves...

Then I put my thinking cap back on, and realized this drug wouldn't be prescribed anymore if the majority of people had a bad time with it. I mean, even when a drug has a 'high risk' for some serious side effects, a high risk can be 1 or 2 out of 100 people will experience it... And dry skin or cracked skin? I know thats painful, but so is being afraid to leave your house!!

Luckily I have learned a lot more about accutane now, and also read many many of the logs on here, and while sometimes it just isn't right for someone, I am open to trying it now.

oh i am having a bit of redness over my face and dry skin after one month 40/day and one month 5mg/day (10mg every other day) and just as i was starting to blame accutane for it i reminded myself that my skin has always been that way of late ever before accutane , so i think sometime we get too hard and biased on accutane .

You guys that act like the side effects are all placebo or just coincidental and caused by something else are just wrong. Yeah you might be lucky and get nothing other than dry lips, but I wasn't quite that lucky. I was on it for a ~1 month and in that time I only took 12 40mg pills and 5 20mg pills, and so far I've had joint and muscle aches that I can't contribute to anything other than accutane. While my joint pain isn't SEVERE, it is quite annoying and I'm unable to work out in the gym like I used to. First it hit my upper back about a week and a half after starting, then it moved into my knees and my feet/ankles. All of my joints crack loudly now and quite frequently which is pretty scary, especially my knees, and I have NEVER had knee trouble before. I thought that the people who were getting joint pain weren't drinking enough water and I was definitely wrong. I've been drinking 1.5-2 gallons of water a day and I STILL got the joint pain.

Because of this I'm stopping accutane, I've been off of it now for 6 days and my joints are still not back to normal yet, but all of the oil in my face and scalp is back to normal already. If it was effecting my joints this much already at a low dose I don't even want to think of how bad they would have got if I upped the dose to 80mg like the dermatologist wanted. My acne is moderate and occasionally I can get some pretty severe cysts, but I'm just not finding it worth the risk of destroying my joints. I'll just deal with the pimples.

Accutane has known side effects and very real risks associated with it. It is important that people know the side effects are real and that they should be watching out for them and alert their doctor should they experience them. To deny reality is silly.

If nothing else, it is obvious that there are people on this board who are experimenting with accutane on themselves who are not under the supervision of a doctor. It is good that they should see that there are real, sometimes irreversible, side effects associated with this drug, especially if they are not getting routine blood work, ordered and reviewed by a doctor, while on the drug.

Edited by hellohellohello

I agree totally with the last two posts.... I could start a topic saying "people thinking they are so tough because they didn't experience bad side-effects and braging about it", but i won't cuz im not a dick.

I'm in month 4 and I wish I took accutane years ago, instead of waiting this long

I think if you're healthy then I doubt accutane will cause you any problems, after being on accutane for 4 months now, I think those who complain are just attributing every little thing on accutane

sure some of it may definitely be warranted, but all in all, I think too many people are just acting like big babies

if I could go back in time to advise myself I would say to not listen to all the big babies and get on it

no pain, no proft...and the only "pain" I've gotten is dry lips, boo-hoo

can u spare any accutane..????? my insurance lapsed..and accutane was a miracle drug for me.

can u spare any accutane..????? my insurance lapsed..and accutane was a miracle drug for me.

are you kidding? I don't think this is the place to buy accutane.

odd question here..any accutane to spare..anyone???? ive done all the required blood work but my insurance recently lapsed and im screwed..ive taken accutane before and it worked miracles for me..if anyone could help me out..couldnt thank u enough.