Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
msbinkies

adults with acne, any good tips?

I'm 22 and have had acne for over half my life. Nothing I've used has helped (clean &clear, stridex, oxy, neutrogena, panoxyl, aveno, cetaphil, proactiv, retin-a, differin gel, proactiv, and purpose--tho it's probably been the best so far) and just got the clarisonic and don't know how that's going to work out (i have a post in the general products part of "other acne related forums").

It's hard b/c i'm so tiny I already look little and when you add bad skin, I look really little. What have ya'll found that helps your adult acne? How do you deal with it? I look in the mirror and just think "oh god" and want to cry. How do you get past that?

Edited by msbinkies

LOL, there is no difference between 'adult acne' and the acne that youths get. Whatever treatments work for youths will work for you.

And I'd hardly classify a 22-year-old as having 'adult acne.' More like 30+.

ok, lol, then adults with acne I've changed the thread title.

nothing i've tried as a teen helped tho either. i'm just looking to see how those who are adults (i.e. adults out in the real world) deal with it while they're trying to heal it up. and how they manage being out in the real world while having acne hinder their life on a daily basis. for me, it's almost like people don't take me as seriously as they did when i had a month or so of pretty controled skin. how do you all keep up good spirits?

Edited by msbinkies

My acne doesn't make me depressed nor does it hinder me, so I can't really help. However, I would recommend you check out Spiro. There are quite a few of us ladies on these forums that take it with great success.

However, I would recommend you check out Spiro. There are quite a few of us ladies on these forums that take it with great success.

that's an antibiotic, correct? i could see my regular doctor about that probably.

Evening Primrose oil....it's helped me so much.

what is it and where can i find it. lol. i'll try it!

Tried accutane? Hate to keep bringing it up, but sounds like you tried everything else.

i desperatly wanted to but i have crohn's disease (it's an inflamatory bowel disease) and fibromyalgia so that's not an option for me. :(

However, I would recommend you check out Spiro. There are quite a few of us ladies on these forums that take it with great success.

that's an antibiotic, correct? i could see my regular doctor about that probably.

No, Spiro is an anti-androgen. It binds to androgen receptors and prevents them from having any effect on your body. Androgens are the "male" hormones. It doesn't seem like many doctors/derms know about using it for acne though.

You can find it pretty much anywhere - along with all the other vitamins.

If you look at the nutrition/holistic section - you'll find that a lot of people were able to clear their acne with supplements and/or diet changes.