Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Armanda

Yay for clean skin!

Hi everyone :hand:

I'm Armanda and I'm 16 years old. Always had a light, light case of acne.. Started out in 6th grade (go-figure, PUBERTY) and in 8th it really cleared out with a few here and there (especially at that time of month). Now I always generally have it around my chin and mouth area, a few on my forehead. I also have blackheads but they aren't that bad, thought they generally do bother me (not so much my nose).

My mom found this site and told me about and I thought "why not"!? I went and gathered all the supplies from Wal-Mart and today was my first day using it. If all goes well, were gonna go ahead and order the acne.org kit. I'm really excited to get my face back to normal :dance:

Here I am now, first use.

Day 1

post-125006-1268963862_thumb.jpg

Let's see how this goes :D

post-125006-1268963862_thumb.jpg

Edited by Armanda

Best of luck to you! :) Just a word of advice, I started out using Neutrogena's On the Spot Treatment benzoyl peroxide. It is a cream base and is much harder to apply, it just doesn't spread very easily because it drys way too fast. And when it does dry, it leaves a white residue sometimes. I'm not sure what BP you are using? Anyways, I'm now using Dan's BP, which is a gel, and I love it! But, I'm not using his cleanser and moisturizer. So, just a thought, if you and your mom aren't wanting to spend the money for the whole treatment, you can just buy his BP (which I recommend) and use your own cleansers and moisturizer. Dan's BP is soooooooo much more cost effective in comparison to Neutrogena's. I hope it works out for you!

Day 7

And It's going away :), This def. does work.

Jilly, I followed your advice and ordered Dan's 2.5% BP and I'll keep using the cleanser and the moisturizer that he recommended.. are there other moisturizers I can look into getting?!

My face is a bit flaky around my mouth and my forehead, but it is barley even noticeable... I had no redness or itchiness.. I think I can start using a bit more now.

Here's after a week:

post-125006-1269560023_thumb.jpg

post-125006-1269560023_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the Regimen!

I'm glad you're getting the .org BP gel, I <3 it! I also don't use the .org cleanser and I won't be using the .org moisturizer when I run out of the bottle I have (redness/burning problems). For the flakiness, you may want to consider Jojoba oil to add into your moisturizer or to apply to problem, dry areas. It shouldn't break you out either- I also love that stuff and would cry without it.