Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
prostik

So many acne sufferers so why does everyone around you have clear skin?

I'm seeing all these posts and threads around the forums that all their friends have clear skin and when they go out all they see is people with clear skin, I just think its all in the head and here's why.

Well first of all, when you go out you see all these people outside from a distance and you can't really get good details of their skin, so you think they have perfect or clear skin. These people also put on a whole bunch of make up on so its hard to see their true face.

When you think about it, acne sufferers tend to have low self esteem and avoid going out. There are so many acne sufferers according to statistics, so where are they? They're in their homes by themselves moping and sobbing about their skin. I think this is why you see many cleared skin people outdoors, the only thing making them look bad are bad hair days the most, or for the ladies bad makeup. Also when you have acne you're always looking at others people's skin, you look for the good ones, not the bad ones. This happens with a lot of other things, if you bought/gained/acquired something new, you usually inspect and examine others with the same thing, let it be shoes, clothes, accessories, nails, hair, love life. People also pay way less attention to you in social situations than you think. So what I think is, its all in the head. And so far, as bad as my acne is I haven't let it control my social life. Remember acne will control your life only if you let it.

Like i thought i was the only one that had to do something to keep my skin clear but when i go shoppin with friends.... guys too.... they all use SOMETHING for their skin.

i was SO surprised, in a good way!

and when people say they want to stop their Regimen cause it's "too much work" or too much money...... nuthin in life is really givin to u. If u want nice teeth well u gotta brush them and floss them and basically take care of them. If u want a nice body u have to eat healthy adn excercise. If you want nice hair you have to condition it and take care of it. Why should skin b any different?

Edited by prostik

I'm seeing all these posts and threads around the forums that all their friends have clear skin and when they go out all they see is people with clear skin, I just think its all in the head and here's why.

Well first of all, when you go out you see all these people outside from a distance and you can't really get good details of their skin, so you think they have perfect or clear skin. These people also put on a whole bunch of make up on so its hard to see their true face.

When you think about it, acne sufferers tend to have low self esteem and avoid going out. There are so many acne sufferers according to statistics, so where are they? They're in their homes by themselves moping and sobbing about their skin. I think this is why you see many cleared skin people outdoors, the only thing making them look bad are bad hair days the most, or for the ladies bad makeup. Also when you have acne you're always looking at others people's skin, you look for the good ones, not the bad ones. This happens with a lot of other things, if you bought/gained/acquired something new, you usually inspect and examine others with the same thing, let it be shoes, clothes, accessories, nails, hair, love life. People also pay way less attention to you in social situations than you think. So what I think is, its all in the head. And so far, as bad as my acne is I haven't let it control my social life. Remember acne will only control your life only if you let it.

Feel free to comment. I'll add them on to the original post giving credit if they are helpful.

:clap:

i agree

and also another VERY suprising thing i found out was that a guy friend i know who has seemingly that kind of skin that is effortlessly clear using prescription strength cream for it. Once he was broken out and he said it was cause of soda and that usually his cream takes care of it. Like i thought i was the only one that had to do something to keep my skin clear but when i go shoppin with friends.... guys too.... they all use SOMETHING for their skin.

and when people say they want to stop their Regimen cause it's "too much work" or too much money...... nuthin in life is really givin to u. If u want nice teeth well u gotta brush them and floss them and basically take care of them. If u want a nice body u have to eat healthy adn excercise. If you want nice hair you have to condition it and take care of it. Why should skin b any different?

I felt like it was "too much" everything too to keep my skin clear but knowing that i am not the only one that has to take care of it makes me feel a lot better ^_^

rant over =)

Thanks CAKES... Your post gave more perspective to readers, I added parts of it to the original post.

I think people just over obsess with their skin too much. I'll give it to ya my acne is pretty bad but I learned to live with it. I just imagine myself with clear skin. The mirror can't tell you who you are. If you can get that ideal image of you in your head, why can't you be just that?

Everyone aroud me has pretty clear skin. im like the odd one out. but i agree that ppl with bad skin generally stay home. i do anyway. lol only go out if i HAVE to. but i dont CHOSE to. anymore anyway.

When you think about it, acne sufferers tend to have low self esteem and avoid going out. There are so many acne sufferers according to statistics, so where are they? They're in their homes by themselves moping and sobbing about their skin. I think this is why you see many cleared skin people outdoors, the only thing making them look bad are bad hair days the most, or for the ladies bad makeup. Also when you have acne you're always looking at others people's skin, you look for the good ones, not the bad ones. This happens with a lot of other things, if you bought/gained/acquired something new, you usually inspect and examine others with the same thing, let it be shoes, clothes, accessories, nails, hair, love life. People also pay way less attention to you in social situations than you think. So what I think is, its all in the head. And so far, as bad as my acne is I haven't let it control my social life. Remember acne will control your life only if you let it.

Like i thought i was the only one that had to do something to keep my skin clear but when i go shoppin with friends.... guys too.... they all use SOMETHING for their skin.

It seems like everyone has clear skin because 50% of people are females, and all the females wear makup.

Feel free to comment. I'll add them on to the original post giving credit if they are helpful.

Armen 2 that =)

It's true, when i go hang out with others who looks acne free but closer i can see it's just covered

Thanks CAKES... Your post gave more perspective to readers, I added parts of it to the original post.

I think people just over obsess with their skin too much. I'll give it to ya my acne is pretty bad but I learned to live with it. I just imagine myself with clear skin. The mirror can't tell you who you are. If you can get that ideal image of you in your head, why can't you be just that?

=)

i obsess ova my skin =(

i agree with ur message and your ideas..... you seem to have a strong mind.... i dont =( im working on my confidence. slowly gettin somewhere but not there yet =/

its strange cause im so positive with other people but so negative to myself

oh well i'll make it someday =)

I totally understand all of that, which I don't think people really take the time to stop and think about it. And it's true, a lot of people like to hide at home when experiencing a break out... Me included. This was a very interesting topic to read

I totally understand all of that, which I don't think people really take the time to stop and think about it. And it's true, a lot of people like to hide at home when experiencing a break out... Me included. This was a very interesting topic to read

I do as well too, i take off from work to hide at home. It is so hard to accept the face of having this condition and move on with your life. But when u have a face to face conversation with someone and they keep glancing down at it, it just kills your confidence once again and all that progression goes out the window for me. Dont think i will ever get over it. Not until my skin decides to chill the fk out and stop breaking out.

I don't know honestly but things needed to be taken care of before it got worse. I have a theory and don't know how much it holds but I think the reason why Some people don't let acne bother them as much and others its like the end of the world because: The people who don't care or it doesn't effect them as much, Had some sort of confidence before. As opposed, To some people who've always had insecurities or experienced some sort of major rejection in their life's before getting acne..

All I know is: It was in my genetic's, ignored or neglected, I didn't eat the most healthiest, and don't know what else why..

I don't know honestly but things needed to be taken care of before it got worse. I have a theory and don't know how much it holds but I think the reason why Some people don't let acne bother them as much and others its like the end of the world because: The people who don't care or it doesn't effect them as much, Had some sort of confidence before. As opposed, To some people who've always had insecurities or experienced some sort of major rejection in their life's before getting acne..

All I know is: It was in my genetic's, ignored or neglected, I didn't eat the most healthiest, and don't know what else why..

My first ten years of my life were great. In 6th grade I had a school picture taken and noticed that I didn't look the same any more. My bottom jaw starting growing out of proportion. I was known as the girl with the long face, which is exactly what I saw when I looked in the mirror. Even kids at school would say to me "How come your face is so long". Well at least I had nice skin -- that didn't last long. When I was 17th I started getting cystic acne. Not only did I have a long face, but bad skin and scars. I did a lot of hiding in my room.

When I was 26 I went on accutane and that cleared up my skin. I am now 47 and have spent thousands of dollars on trying to rid myself of the scars. I was just starting to like my skin and did something really stupid. I went for ArteFill filler to try and fill some wrinkles. Too much of the filler was injected in my left chin area and now that area looks lumpy. Since ArteFill is permanent I doubt this will go down. I am now back to hiding again.

Sometimes I feel like God hates me too. I have no friends because I don't go out a lot. It is really exhausting. I have spent the last two years doing online school, which I am almost finished and will have to look for a job soon. This is also scary. I am married but we are on the outs.

I was just starting to feel a little normal until this last episode. Has anyone ever gotton a permanent filler injected? Did it go down some. I don't know what to do anymore.

Sorry this is such a downer.

My first ten years of my life were great. In 6th grade I had a school picture taken and noticed that I didn't look the same any more. My bottom jaw starting growing out of proportion. I was known as the girl with the long face, which is exactly what I saw when I looked in the mirror. Even kids at school would say to me "How come your face is so long". Well at least I had nice skin -- that didn't last long. When I was 17th I started getting cystic acne. Not only did I have a long face, but bad skin and scars. I did a lot of hiding in my room.

When I was 26 I went on accutane and that cleared up my skin. I am now 47 and have spent thousands of dollars on trying to rid myself of the scars. I was just starting to like my skin and did something really stupid. I went for ArteFill filler to try and fill some wrinkles. Too much of the filler was injected in my left chin area and now that area looks lumpy. Since ArteFill is permanent I doubt this will go down. I am now back to hiding again.

Sometimes I feel like God hates me too. I have no friends because I don't go out a lot. It is really exhausting. I have spent the last two years doing online school, which I am almost finished and will have to look for a job soon. This is also scary. I am married but we are on the outs.

I was just starting to feel a little normal until this last episode. Has anyone ever gotton a permanent filler injected? Did it go down some. I don't know what to do anymore.

Sorry this is such a downer.

:comfort: