Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bea10

Will subcision work for these scars?

Hey guys!

I posted a lil while ago about my Fraxel Repair and some individual traditional CO2 I had done. It's day 6 and im all healed up from the repair, which did not nothing for me unfortunately.

Anyways, I'm starting to get REALLY scared the CO2 isn't healing right and will end up scarring. He used the CO2 to cut little pencil point holes into my cheeks, rather than vaporizing a wide area. Has anyone ever had this type of CO2 done before? How long does it take to heal? If in the case it ends up scarring, will subcision work on these? They look much worse in person than in the pictures. They look like tiny ice picks or severely damaged pores.

I don't know why he performed the CO2 on my cheekbone area, I felt like I hardly had any scarring there to begin with, and now it looks so much worse. I'm really pissed because he treated areas that didn't need to be treated aggressively, and he didn't even touch areas that I DID need to be treated, like chicken pox scars. wtf?

*sigh* im getting really depressed. I feel so much worse than where I started. I hope subcision will work on these if they scar. I'm really afraid of lasers now.

post-124761-1268911059_thumb.jpg

post-124761-1268911096_thumb.jpg

post-124761-1268911059_thumb.jpg

post-124761-1268911096_thumb.jpg

since those scars are very small in diameter, I dont think subcision would be ideal for those but I could be wrong

Once the redness is gone, the scars wouldn't look bad at all. In fact, I think they would be a 1/10 in severity (they only look kind of bad because you zoomed in on them). Your main goal now is to prevent any further acne, which could cause more scars. Remember, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Edited by 4meracneguy

These are small ice picks. No laser is gonna do anything for these. What you need to do in these is 'punch grafts'. These scars are really small. Once you do punch grafts, get Spot dermabrasion on the grafted areas in 3-4 months time. You should be able to get 90-100% correction.

Can anyone explain why subsicion is ineffective on scarred pores / ice picks (as shown in Bea's picture), but works well on rolling?

My understanding is that subcision works by cutting the scar tissue from underneath, so I'm just trying to make sense on why it won't work on Bea's scars.

Is it because ice pick scar tissue is far too deep?

Has anyone had it done on these types of scars?

As suggested by Usaac, has anyone had punch grafts on scars similar to these? I would have thought that punch graft would be considered extreme to treat this type of scarring??

I would appreciate your thoughts on this!

You sure you had fraxel repair? If those pictures are shot at day 6 ur healing pretty damn fast. I dont see any erythema.

Carefull about the punch graft. I had it done and the graft did not take. It turned black and fell off.The i asked for excision on the same scar and that did not work. So now im left with a massive scar .My scars are similar and i had prior a laser treatment and after the laser i had taken accutane for 3 months. the punch was done 7 month after accutane

your scars are not that bad.

Seek smaller procedures in my opinion.

Like TCA Cross,

TCA peels

Microdermabrasion

and topical retinoids.

See a derm, but see a second derm and ask lots of q's.

i.e. Downtime, risks, previous patients, results, how happy were they, ask for pictures.

Be smart :)

your scars really are minor. Be smart don't do anything drastic.

your scars are not that bad.

Seek smaller procedures in my opinion.

Like TCA Cross,

TCA peels

Microdermabrasion

and topical retinoids.

See a derm, but see a second derm and ask lots of q's.

i.e. Downtime, risks, previous patients, results, how happy were they, ask for pictures.

Be smart :)

your scars really are minor. Be smart don't do anything drastic.

I have scars similar to those, I have had several microdermabrasions, easy tca peels, glycolic acid peels, lactic acid peels, dermarolling and needling but unfortunately neither of those have made any difference. I'm 27 now but with age they seem to be getting worse.