Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
astrobhoy

Dan's BP - As good as it used to be? Has it Changed?

I have to agree with Katrina fully. This is what actually happened to me just after I posted here right at the start of this thread, Suddenly, I got irritations all over and super duper flaky dry to the point of breaking skin, lots of cysts and unexplained "bumps" all over and the occasional breakout! I had to forcefully quit the regimen for this totally unexplained behavior. Whenever I retry to enter the regimen again (using the same bottle of 9341) I get the dryness again, so I started all over again now starting with a pea size and now I am one pump and a half but using a different new 9341 bottle. I am unsure why this bottle (the previous one) got so weird though it is still not expired.

....Dan has already posted on this subject twice. Most people are doing well with the bp, even the batches in question. All batches are tested for quality assurrance, each and every time.

We have hundreds of happy customers, and several of them have even posted in this thread and in other threads that they are doing great with the bp. So it doesn't seem to be a problem with the bp itself, but rather something that may be individual to the user who is having problems.

Please, anyone who is not happy with the bp, write to [email protected] for a refund or exchange. We'll cheerfully replace it for you or give you a refund. We do want you to be happy, but it doesn't appear to be any problem with the benzoyl peroxide itself. The vast majority of our customers are extremely satisfied and not having any problems. That doesn't mean that we don't care about those of you who are having issues, but it does mean that it doesn't appear to be a problem with the product itself.

I hope this helps. :)

Again.

Again. :P

Dude! I don't want a refund!! I just wanted to put my experience out there - just in case anyone else noticed the same issues I did. Which is what I thought that this forum was for - I've been happily using DKR products for over 2 years - I just thought it strange that I would suddenly (like a light switch) be breaking out with the worst cysts I've ever got - and Dan's BP seems to do nothing for it.

Just thought I would share my experience. And to add - it actually has not gotten better, it seems like the minute one heals - I get another (and not in the same spot). I just opened a new BP bottle, from the batch that all my recent BP's came from (batch 0105) - and this bottle (compared to the last one that I mentioned above) is so liquidy, you can hear the BP slosh in the bottle if I shake it a bit. The last bottle - same batch - was as thick as a moisturizer - and now this one, is a little more like the DKR BP that I am used to, much more gel-like.

We'll see if it makes any difference.

Hey all -

I thought I would come back to update this - since opening a new bottle (from same batch 0105). Like I stated above - it definitely has a different consistency than the last bottle I used (that was from the same exact batch that I got shipped at the same time as all my bottles of BP) - and my skin has gotten a TON better. Not sure what was up with the previous 0105 bottle I used (16 oz BP) - but it was a lot thicker than this bottle - same batch - same shipment. The new bottle I opened is runnier, dries faster - and reminds me of earlier batches. My skin is almost 100% clear - so I just thought I'd come back and let people know that Dan's BP is still the best. Just watch/keep note of the consistency of each bottle. Why one would be as thick as lotion - and another be so liquidy - not sure. The only thing I can think of is maybe heat exposure? Or something? But I know Dan has done video blogs on freezing his products and they have been fine - but I do know that heat can break down products - not sure if it sat in a USPS truck in heat or what. But the newest bottle I've opened (although the same batch and shipment as the rest) is doing fine.

I'm thinking about switching to the 8 oz. BP bottles instead - even though I will go through more - I'm starting to wonder if it's better to open a fresh bottle more often (as you would with smaller bottles) and have fresher BP constantly to use and applied to your face. Versus one bottle with a ton in it - that gets exposed to air and constant use because it lasts much longer (to use). The fresher the BP (I think, or for me) the better. I'd rather have a fresh bottle more frequently.

Those are just my experiences and thoughts.

Hey all!

I've been using the DKR products for over 2 years (and have all the batches I've used recorded with pictures on my computer to keep track of what batch affects me how) - and I saw this post about a month ago - and decided to wait and see if my skin got better and then to post if I had any news...

I was using batch 9341 all summer and up to mid-September, when I saw this thread about other people's reactions to it. I am mind-boggled with what is going on - my skin has suddenly changed like a light switch, and I wanted to see if anyone had any updates about their BP?

The 9341 batch (I had 2 bottles) was working fine for me - I believe I used the first bottle up all summer - and I had 100% clear skin all summer (I even took pictures for my acne log on my computer) - I was that amazed. I do not suntan and always wear a hat - but I also sweated a TON this summer - and my skin STILL stayed clear - and I was on 9341. That was - until about the end of August and since then. I was on 9341 in August - and my skin suddenly just started breaking out. I also was on the older bottle of 9341 that I ordered in Apr 2010 (I order in bulk). They were not expired - but I was breaking out so badly (and after 3 months straight [and actually before summer I was pretty clear except for the occasional pimple]) I thought I hop on the boards to see if anyone else was having the issue. Mid September is when I stumbled on this thread - and saw the notes that other people had made about batch 9341. Now - do I think the batch was bad or more sensitive for others? Not sure - because I had perfect skin on the first bottle of the first batch - all summer. Why would it start now?

So - after seeing this thread, I decided to stop using my half-used bottle of 9341, and opened a brand new BP bottle from a batch of three 16 oz. BP's I ordered July 2010 - which were all from the same batch, 0105. This is the batch I am currently using, have been using since the end of September - and is the batch that all three of my bottles that I ordered in July 2010 are from.

Batch 0105.

Sadly - my skin has been breaking out STEADILY - one cyst or big pimple - after another. Once one heals, I get another, in a different spot. I know the routine - I know to be gentle, and I've been clear much longer than the 3 months on DKR products - back in 2008 - I was completely clear for MONTHS - so I know that this stuff works?!??

What I wanted to share with you all is: when I opened this new batch 0105 (16 oz. bottle) - the first thing I noticed right away - was the consistency when applying it to my face. Not the smell - not burning or anything like that. I have found that this BP is very - very - thick - and smears WHITE on my face - almost to the point like a MOISTURIZER??? This is also the newest BP that I just ordered - July 2010 - never opened, I got 3 BP's together, and I put them on the shelf, because I was using a different bottle (batch 9341) when I got the new bottles. I always like to have some extra on the shelf.

So - I wanted to come on here and just put my experience in on this thread - I definitely have noticed a consistency change to the BP - I have never, ever, had a DKR BP smear on so thick and white - almost to the point that it doesn't want to absorb?

NOTE: I do wait 30 minutes before putting my BP on after washing my face - I've been doing this for over a year - so nothing like that has changed. I also track everything I do with my face - I use my own towel for my face, I change my pillowcase twice a week, I can't use makeup (any at all) because it makes me break out (so that's not a factor) , I don't use hair products (not even gel, hairspray - nothing) because it makes me break out, I don't go out in the sun - I wear a hat EVERY SINGLE TIME I go out (if the sun is shining or it's day) - I only use certain shampoo/conditioner and stick with it because I know it doesn't break me out (so I don't switch products) - I eat all foods except drinking milk (which has been this way forever, and when I had clear skin) - I don't use scented laundry detergent (because it causes irritation) - I don't take any medications - I don't let my hair touch my face - I don't touch my face - I don't put the phone close to my face; You name it - I've tracked it with my face. So for me - nothing - in the past 5 months - has changed - except the seasons. And we are still actually warm for where I live, so not even that (technically).

I just wanted people to know that I've noticed a different consistency with the batch 0105 - and thought I would put it out there. Is it causing me to break out? I have no clue - I keep getting big/cyst pimples, which I never got all summer (and before, even) - and suddenly I'm getting them (while on batch 9341 and batch 0105) - so I just thought I would put it out there that I've noticed my skin change - and I've also noticed a change in the way the BP product (brand-spankin' new) is on my face. I don't ever remember having a "tacky" issue with Dan's BP - it's always been very clear, and very gel-like. This stuff, the minute I smeared it on my jawline - I could see the spread marks of white gel on my skin. I find that batch 0105 does absorb, and it does absorb normally - but the consistency when I apply it (and from the bottle) - is much different. And it's not old.

For as much of a sensitivity to things/products and my skin, Dan's BP has never gave me any issues - I've gotten a red/pink face - but that's it. I've been able to tolerate BP since college - and I've never had a problem. But I wanted to just let you all know that I have noted a little difference in the BP - and that I hope my skin gets better/adapts soon.

As of right now - It's not.

I also want to confirm, 105 broke me out like i owe it money... I also notice a change in the consistancy, it just feels "grainer" when I apply.

I tested this out because I stop using it, and I stop breaking out (alot less). I've been using the product for a while and it worked out well, but this scares me.

Hey all -

I posted a reply about my skin being almost 100% clear - after using still the same batch 0105 (like in my previous posts) - I spoke too soon. I'm worse now than I was before. I have talked with my sister, who is also has been on the DKR regimen for as long as me (over 2 years) and I'm really starting to wonder what is going on here. I am obsessive about my skin - I do not wear makeup (at all) I do not use hair products, I don't touch my face, I change my pillowcases twice a week - I use non-fragranced/hypoallergenic laundry detergent - the only products I put on my face are DKR products - and I have been keeping my own Acne blog/log on my home computer for over a year - and sadly - my face (over the past last year) has been up and down so much - I have had more acne months - than actual days of clear skin.

I can - for 100% sure say - that I've had constant pimples appearing for the past 2.5 months STRAIGHT. No joke - and I have pictures to document it. When I was on the DKR stuff in 2008 (which I used and did the regimen exactly as I am now for the year) - I had perfect skin. So I knew I was following DK's directions - I know how to do the regimen - this is just really - really disappointing and upsetting. When I look in the mirror - I wonder to myself, "Where did my skin go?" Especially when all I'm using is DKR products??? And when you know you've changed NOTHING - you feel pretty darn helpless.

I have kept telling myself - month after month - "just keep going, it will get better" but it's not. Now going on my 3rd month - I have about as bad of skin as when I first switched over to the DKR products in June of 2008 (when I ordered my first starter kit). I have yet to figure out what the heck is going on (and I'm not on medication, I'm not taking birth control - I don't have my "monthly") - I'm in shock because I used to go through months with clear skin - womanly issues or not?!

I'm not putting this on the messageboard to ask for a refund or to get people riled up - I'm putting this out there to see if anyone else is having issues with these products not clearing their skin up as it used to - especially long-term DKR users. I had it down months and months ago - and now I'm regressing. I'd say it's been a year of acne increase - according to my June 2009-started Acne log.

*** Edit: I just want to add that I love Dan's products and I in NO WAY want to stop using them! I just would love any feedback to try and figure out what the heck I'm doing wrong! I don't think it's a matter of the BP not being as good as it used to be - but I'm starting to wonder if maybe his cleanser isn't meant for me - or something. Any feedback would be awesome!

Edited by Katrina Mae

Guest Timehealsall
Hey all!

I've been using the DKR products for over 2 years (and have all the batches I've used recorded with pictures on my computer to keep track of what batch affects me how) - and I saw this post about a month ago - and decided to wait and see if my skin got better and then to post if I had any news...

I was using batch 9341 all summer and up to mid-September, when I saw this thread about other people's reactions to it. I am mind-boggled with what is going on - my skin has suddenly changed like a light switch, and I wanted to see if anyone had any updates about their BP?

The 9341 batch (I had 2 bottles) was working fine for me - I believe I used the first bottle up all summer - and I had 100% clear skin all summer (I even took pictures for my acne log on my computer) - I was that amazed. I do not suntan and always wear a hat - but I also sweated a TON this summer - and my skin STILL stayed clear - and I was on 9341. That was - until about the end of August and since then. I was on 9341 in August - and my skin suddenly just started breaking out. I also was on the older bottle of 9341 that I ordered in Apr 2010 (I order in bulk). They were not expired - but I was breaking out so badly (and after 3 months straight [and actually before summer I was pretty clear except for the occasional pimple]) I thought I hop on the boards to see if anyone else was having the issue. Mid September is when I stumbled on this thread - and saw the notes that other people had made about batch 9341. Now - do I think the batch was bad or more sensitive for others? Not sure - because I had perfect skin on the first bottle of the first batch - all summer. Why would it start now?

So - after seeing this thread, I decided to stop using my half-used bottle of 9341, and opened a brand new BP bottle from a batch of three 16 oz. BP's I ordered July 2010 - which were all from the same batch, 0105. This is the batch I am currently using, have been using since the end of September - and is the batch that all three of my bottles that I ordered in July 2010 are from.

Batch 0105.

Sadly - my skin has been breaking out STEADILY - one cyst or big pimple - after another. Once one heals, I get another, in a different spot. I know the routine - I know to be gentle, and I've been clear much longer than the 3 months on DKR products - back in 2008 - I was completely clear for MONTHS - so I know that this stuff works?!??

What I wanted to share with you all is: when I opened this new batch 0105 (16 oz. bottle) - the first thing I noticed right away - was the consistency when applying it to my face. Not the smell - not burning or anything like that. I have found that this BP is very - very - thick - and smears WHITE on my face - almost to the point like a MOISTURIZER??? This is also the newest BP that I just ordered - July 2010 - never opened, I got 3 BP's together, and I put them on the shelf, because I was using a different bottle (batch 9341) when I got the new bottles. I always like to have some extra on the shelf.

So - I wanted to come on here and just put my experience in on this thread - I definitely have noticed a consistency change to the BP - I have never, ever, had a DKR BP smear on so thick and white - almost to the point that it doesn't want to absorb?

NOTE: I do wait 30 minutes before putting my BP on after washing my face - I've been doing this for over a year - so nothing like that has changed. I also track everything I do with my face - I use my own towel for my face, I change my pillowcase twice a week, I can't use makeup (any at all) because it makes me break out (so that's not a factor) , I don't use hair products (not even gel, hairspray - nothing) because it makes me break out, I don't go out in the sun - I wear a hat EVERY SINGLE TIME I go out (if the sun is shining or it's day) - I only use certain shampoo/conditioner and stick with it because I know it doesn't break me out (so I don't switch products) - I eat all foods except drinking milk (which has been this way forever, and when I had clear skin) - I don't use scented laundry detergent (because it causes irritation) - I don't take any medications - I don't let my hair touch my face - I don't touch my face - I don't put the phone close to my face; You name it - I've tracked it with my face. So for me - nothing - in the past 5 months - has changed - except the seasons. And we are still actually warm for where I live, so not even that (technically).

I just wanted people to know that I've noticed a different consistency with the batch 0105 - and thought I would put it out there. Is it causing me to break out? I have no clue - I keep getting big/cyst pimples, which I never got all summer (and before, even) - and suddenly I'm getting them (while on batch 9341 and batch 0105) - so I just thought I would put it out there that I've noticed my skin change - and I've also noticed a change in the way the BP product (brand-spankin' new) is on my face. I don't ever remember having a "tacky" issue with Dan's BP - it's always been very clear, and very gel-like. This stuff, the minute I smeared it on my jawline - I could see the spread marks of white gel on my skin. I find that batch 0105 does absorb, and it does absorb normally - but the consistency when I apply it (and from the bottle) - is much different. And it's not old.

For as much of a sensitivity to things/products and my skin, Dan's BP has never gave me any issues - I've gotten a red/pink face - but that's it. I've been able to tolerate BP since college - and I've never had a problem. But I wanted to just let you all know that I have noted a little difference in the BP - and that I hope my skin gets better/adapts soon.

As of right now - It's not.

I also want to confirm, 105 broke me out like i owe it money... I also notice a change in the consistancy, it just feels "grainer" when I apply.

I tested this out because I stop using it, and I stop breaking out (alot less). I've been using the product for a while and it worked out well, but this scares me.

wait so batch 105 BP broke you out? How is it possible that BP can break you out?

also, which batches are having the most problems? Did Dan and the other owners of the site take a look at their products and maybe re-evaluate them?

Guest Timehealsall

fixed it earlier, so its working for you now?

Hi there!

First off - this thread got started because some people had some common issues with current batches of Dan's BP. The situation has came up before on the messageboard, where a batch was put out that was "too strong" for some people's skin - and Dan came on the board and straightened that problem out. Some people didn't have issues with the batch - but some people did.

Now - this thread (a very similar topic) is raising the same questions - just to sort of put together some people who have/or have had some issues with certain batches (the number at the bottom of your BP bottle from DKR [or on the crimp if you have the 8 oz.]).

My overall post is for anyone who has been on Dan's Regimen for at least a year or more - and if they've noticed that lately their skin isn't staying clear using Dan's BP.

I am in no way saying that Dan's BP is making me (or others break out) - no no no! What I'm trying to figure out is if we are doing something wrong, or that the BP just isn't strong enough for our skin anymore - something to that nature (or the DKR wash isn't getting our skin clean) or something. My breakouts started getting worse about a year ago and have been consistent in breaking out. I've found some other people posting the same thing in different forums on here - and am trying to get them to post on this thread so we can try and figure out what we are doing wrong. The DK Regimen had been working for me for a full year and a half - until suddenly everything I was doing, just wasn't enough anymore.

When I come on the messageboard and post - I usually like to tell people what batch number of BP I'm using - in case some other people are using the same batch, too - and are having the same issues. But my overall breakout increase has been through a whole bunch of different batches - so it's not necessarily related to batch #0105. This whole thread covers the idea that maybe the DKR BP just isn't working for people who have been on the DKR for some time. And I'm not saying everyone is having this issue - just some that I've seen posting their issues on this board.

Just trying to figure out what we can change - so we can figure this out :)

Edited by Katrina Mae

Guest Timehealsall

did anyone figure out if these acne.org BPS are faulty?

i just feel they dont do shit as to preventing acne for me... Anyone lese feel the same way.

Hi all,

I have been a user of Dan's regimen for nearly 4 years now. In that time I have been completely clear 90% of the time. I have a lot of respect for Dan and the others at acne.org for creating such a successful business whilst at the same time helping other people overcome acne.

However, over the past year I have began to doubt the consitency of the acne.org bp gel. Back in September 2009 there was a thread about batch 9152 that caused extreme redness (akin to a chemical burn) in long-term regimen users. I used 9152 and experienced exactly the same issues. This was mearly dismissed by the acne.org team as being due to other factors.

I have recently received batch 0181 (expiry 06/12), after almost finishing my last tubes. I am now experiencing the same severe burning/redness that batch 9152 gave me in September 2009. I have switched back to my previous batch, and the burning/redness goes. When I switch back again to batch 0181, the burning/redness returns. ALL other variables have stayed the same. I have read the replies from acne.org on this thread about quality testing.

What are these quality/ efficacy/ irritancy tests, and what factors do they measure?

I can only suggest the following reasons for the burning/ redness that batch 0181 is causing me:

- the quality testing of a batch may not be representative of the entire batch (e.g. the batch is not completely homogenous and has not had sufficient mixing, it is then sampled from the top, and bp lower down may have a different composition of chemicals). This will explain why some users may not have an issue with this particular batch, but others may.

- batch 0181 may be very fresh, which may mean that the benzoyl peroxide (or another chemical that can cause redness/ burning) is at a higher concentration than in older batches.

Does anyone at www.acne.org have any comments on the above points? I really like the regimen and Dan's products, and I really hope we can find a solution/ answer to this issue. If we can't find an answer, I will ship the tubes from batch 0181 back to you at www.acne.org for a refund. But first it might be a really good idea if you guys tried out the bp from these tubes for yourselves, just for a day.

:-)

I also got batch 0181 and it sucks pretty bad. I never had much problems with the BP before but this batch is making my skin dry and I'm only using 1/4 of a pump.

As with Jonbo05 I change back to the old BP (borrowed from my cousin) and my skin reacts a lot better to it.

Guest Timehealsall

although im not sure, i think these BP caused scar like lines on my nose...

Hi all,

I have been a user of Dan's regimen for nearly 4 years now. In that time I have been completely clear 90% of the time. I have a lot of respect for Dan and the others at acne.org for creating such a successful business whilst at the same time helping other people overcome acne.

However, over the past year I have began to doubt the consitency of the acne.org bp gel. Back in September 2009 there was a thread about batch 9152 that caused extreme redness (akin to a chemical burn) in long-term regimen users. I used 9152 and experienced exactly the same issues. This was mearly dismissed by the acne.org team as being due to other factors.

I have recently received batch 0181 (expiry 06/12), after almost finishing my last tubes. I am now experiencing the same severe burning/redness that batch 9152 gave me in September 2009. I have switched back to my previous batch, and the burning/redness goes. When I switch back again to batch 0181, the burning/redness returns. ALL other variables have stayed the same. I have read the replies from acne.org on this thread about quality testing.

What are these quality/ efficacy/ irritancy tests, and what factors do they measure?

I can only suggest the following reasons for the burning/ redness that batch 0181 is causing me:

- the quality testing of a batch may not be representative of the entire batch (e.g. the batch is not completely homogenous and has not had sufficient mixing, it is then sampled from the top, and bp lower down may have a different composition of chemicals). This will explain why some users may not have an issue with this particular batch, but others may.

- batch 0181 may be very fresh, which may mean that the benzoyl peroxide (or another chemical that can cause redness/ burning) is at a higher concentration than in older batches.

Does anyone at www.acne.org have any comments on the above points? I really like the regimen and Dan's products, and I really hope we can find a solution/ answer to this issue. If we can't find an answer, I will ship the tubes from batch 0181 back to you at www.acne.org for a refund. But first it might be a really good idea if you guys tried out the bp from these tubes for yourselves, just for a day.

Hi had experience redness with batch 0181 also. Clearly there is a probleme with that batch. I will try batch 0250 to see if it's ok and i will be back with the results soon.

Hi all,

Hi had experience redness with batch 0181 also. Clearly there is a probleme with that batch. I will try batch 0250 to see if it's ok and i will be back with the results soon.

There is a clear difference between batch 0181 and 0250. The batch 0250 is prefect (effective and doesn't cause redness) but it's the oposite for batch 0181 (cause lot of redness and seems little less effective.

What about u guys using these batches and others???

Hi there again,

Can someone tell me if batch 0181 is still being sold? I want to buy a new batch but not the 0181...

thanks

I just ordered a new BP tube not too long ago (I think it arrived at my home last week?) and It's batch 0335.

You guys, don't worry about batch numbers and such. Each batch is individually tested for quality and efficacy. Dan himself tries each and every batch. Freshness may affect how it feels on your skin

I just ordered a new BP tube not too long ago (I think it arrived at my home last week?) and It's batch 0335.

Oh wow, we have the same batch.

also, not sure if its even related, but i got this bottle a few days ago, and the skin around my mouth is extremely red and itchy/burny.

MAYBE its because its fresh, but it doesn't smell fresh like the other bottles i've used, but i haven't broken out yet, and it doesn't burn at all when i apply it, so its probably un related, might be the new lip balm i'm using.

Guest Timehealsall
You guys, don't worry about batch numbers and such. Each batch is individually tested for quality and efficacy. Dan himself tries each and every batch. Freshness may affect how it feels on your skin

how in the world could dan HIMSELF test every batch? i do not believe this..

how in the world could dan HIMSELF test every batch? i do not believe this..

A batch is a huge amount made at once (not an individual bottle). He tests some from each batch.

I had to sign up just to reply to this post.

I have been on the Regimen since July 2010 and I have never had a problem with the BP. It actually worked great. I ran out so I reordered a batch in January 2011 and now I am dealing with this rash and bumpy skin. My skin is so itchy that I can barely stand it. So I changed my routine. Now, I can only stand to use it once every second day. On the days that I use it, my skin is inflamed and on the days where I don't, my skin is fine.

Something has changed and something is not right. I'm going to refund my current BP and wait until a new batch is made. I can't handle the irritation anymore.

I just noticed this too. The last BP I have gotten has made my skin look AWFUL. I mean, Dan's BP has always made my skin itchy, that has never been an issue. However, my skin has NEVER been this red and irritated in my life. I've been using BP for almost 3 years now and been on the regimine for almost a year. I ordered new BP over the weekend and am contemplating stopping the regimine if the new BP isn't any better. :/