Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
astrobhoy

Dan's BP - As good as it used to be? Has it Changed?

Batch 0014

I switched from PanOxyl to Dan's BP because of drying. After switching to Dan's BP I noticed a gradual increase in the number of acne spots on my face. I was applying 2 pumps twice a day. I just switched back to Pan Oxyl and almost immeditely I'm seeing an improvment.

I love the cleanser and the moisturiser but unfortunately I don't think I'll be reordering dan's unless the concentration of BP is increased.

I would still encourage everyone to order it but try Pan Oxyl as well because BP defintely does work. Just remember Pan Oxyl is very drying and you constantly need to moisturise.

Edited by TroChr

where are you people seeing batch numbers? i just got a brand new thing of bp in the mail today (my other stuff expired this month) but I see no lot numbers or anything on the tube.

where are you people seeing batch numbers? i just got a brand new thing of bp in the mail today (my other stuff expired this month) but I see no lot numbers or anything on the tube.

There should be an eight digit number on the crimp of the tube. The first four numbers are the batch number and the second four numbers are the expiration date (i.e. "93411211" on the crimp would designate that the BP was from batch 9341 and would expire in December of 2011).

There should be an eight digit number on the crimp of the tube. The first four numbers are the batch number and the second four numbers are the expiration date (i.e. "93411211" on the crimp would designate that the BP was from batch 9341 and would expire in December of 2011).

Thanks for explaining this c'est! I actually thought the batch number was the second part of the number on the barcode..which for me is 0014, lol. I'm actually using batch number 9341 then.

Oh I'm blind thanks! my batch is number 0105 then. But after just one night I cleared up a good deal like it used to before my old bottle got closer to expiring so I assume mine is ok.

Guest Timehealsall

is anyone also getting similar results with dans cleanser? I am not sure why, but ever since i started using dans cleanser 2 weeks ago, i have been geting these small random pimples/bumps all over my face?

just received my 16oz and it's just as great as the last one, applies smooth and easy and doesn't burn more than the old one.

Ok so I went back again to my bottle of 16oz batch 0014 and I started to get tiny little bumps again and it wasn't combatting the 1 or 2 whiteheads I had so back to Benzac again.

I'm thinking of ordering th 8oz tubes with my next order to see if that solves anything. I wonder if that may be a good idea?

Guest Timehealsall

did any of you guys have similar success with neutrogena on the spot treatment?

just recieved a new BP batch - 0105 . . lets see how it goes ;)

Hi Dave, i saw that you just got the new batch 0105. Is it the 8oz tube or 16 oz bottle??? Did you try the batch 0014 and if the answer is yes, how do you compare the 2 batches. Finally, what do you think of the batch 0105 (efficacy, smell, texture, etc)

Thank you

just recieved a new BP batch - 0105 . . lets see how it goes ;)

Hi Dave, i saw that you just got the new batch 0105. Is it the 8oz tube or 16 oz bottle??? Did you try the batch 0014 and if the answer is yes, how do you compare the 2 batches. Finally, what do you think of the batch 0105 (efficacy, smell, texture, etc)

Thank you

hey there tominator. I have the 8oz tube and yes, i can notice a difference. It seems like the BP i was used to before my last batch. and so far seems to be working so I give it the heads up.

I was just about to place my first ever order here for a large batch of the BP.

I think Dan should know that I am not going to do so. There is clearly a problem here, after 7 pages of multiple reports. I am not seeing anyone from acne.org actually addressing the issue, so I will - regrettably - take my business elsewhere. This is one area of my life where I can't take chances.

Sorry, and I write this only to help the people running this site improve their communication and product.

Then you're a very naive person, I'm afraid. If you have actually been reading the posts, forum mods had came and discussed the problems, even dan himself came in here and tried to solve the problems TOGETHER. They didn't address the issues? They couldn't find what the issues are, they didn't change the formula, and so they are trying to figure things out together with us.

And you turn away just because of these not-yet-confirmed complaints? I'm not saying they don't exist, but you're not giving this place a chance whatsoever. If you don't want to take risks, then I'm afraid your acne will never improve, because every treatment has a negative side effect, and you're going to get scared shitless everytime someone posts a negative side effect. Nothing is perfect, and there's never a 100% efficient solution to your problems.

ciao.

Edited by Ryo523

....Dan has already posted on this subject twice. Most people are doing well with the bp, even the batches in question. All batches are tested for quality assurrance, each and every time.

We have hundreds of happy customers, and several of them have even posted in this thread and in other threads that they are doing great with the bp. So it doesn't seem to be a problem with the bp itself, but rather something that may be individual to the user who is having problems.

Please, anyone who is not happy with the bp, write to [email protected] for a refund or exchange. We'll cheerfully replace it for you or give you a refund. We do want you to be happy, but it doesn't appear to be any problem with the benzoyl peroxide itself. The vast majority of our customers are extremely satisfied and not having any problems. That doesn't mean that we don't care about those of you who are having issues, but it does mean that it doesn't appear to be a problem with the product itself.

I hope this helps. :)

Again.

did any of you guys have similar success with neutrogena on the spot treatment?

yea i use it and im completely clear, although i have to avoid the sun like the plague or i get a pimple or two in the morning.

Just finished my large bottle of batch 9341 and ordered a new bottle yesterday in hopes of getting a good batch this time. The first two bottle I ever bought really kept me clear. This batch 9341 bottle though is very hit or miss despite following the same routine as always the past 2 years.

I'm sti9ll greatful to the regimine for clearing me.... so greatful I'd like to get back onto it again with this next bottle. Hopefully these big red cysts on my face will be gone soon. Haven't had to deal with these since my first regimen flare 2 years ago.

9341 did indeed seem to cause me more whiteheads and cystic eruptions than the last batch did. Something was "off" with this batch for sure. I was sitting around thinking about this for hours about what variables I've changed on my skin but couldn't arrive at anything meaningful until I read this thread and was like "Hmmmmm well if nothing in the formula changed maybe there was just a error no one caught in the batch like the people with the sensitive skin's batch.

Well anyway here's hoping the problem is fixed with the new bottle arriving next week. Goodbye cyts!

Guest Timehealsall

Has anyone here tried batch 0412? Is it a good batch? I am hesitant to use DANS BP after reading this thread... How would you guys say his BP compares to other products such as neutrogena on the spot treatment or prescriptions?

Hey everyone,

I ordered my first DKR back on April 24, 2010, and received it a few days later. I bought the 8oz tube of BP, and the 8oz bottles of cleanser and moisturizer. My BP batch number is 9341. I'm just about out of it, and have another 8oz tube, batch number 0105 waiting to be used (came in the mail 2 weeks ago).

I'm completely clear of acne, barring one zit I got last week, due to that special time of the month. I've only had one zit in months - which is freakishly weird for me, as I used to get several acne lesions a day. My face has been a mess since I was 14 years old, (I'm 23 now; acne and I are well aquainted "friends.") but this BP, 9341, has completely cleared me. I haven't had any problems - none at all.

I opened batch 0105, and it smells and feels like 9341; maybe it's smell is a little stronger. I haven't started using this new batch yet (0105), but I assume it's exactly like 9341, which has worked miracles on my face. I'll probably start using it within a week.

I'll report back on the 0105 when I start using it - but, for now - batch 9341 is working perfectly fine for me. I've even added two serums, and a weekly facial peel, without any ill effects.

I hope everyone that's experienced difficulties finds an answer. Maybe get a different batch? I've noticed that Brandy and Dan have offered to refund or replace any products in question. Maybe take them up on it, and decide?

I have an older BP bottle of Dan's that expires in 2/11. It's batch 9341. It's a travel size that's been sitting around for QUITE A WHILE, and I am using it up before I order a new kit with Dan's new moisturizer. I absolutely love it. There is nothing wrong with it. In fact I've used Dan's older formulas and there was nothing wrong with them either.

Good grief folks.

Whenever I experience a break out or irritation it's USUALLY BECAUSE I'VE ADDED A PRODUCT THAT IS NOT PART OF THE REGIMEN, LIKE A SCRUB, MASK, IRRITATING SALICYLIC ACID CLEANSER, ETC. I don't mean to scream with my caps, but please, follow the regimen EXACTLY, and be super honest with yourself. Sometimes it can be something as simple as rubbing your face dry with a towel (when you should be patting), that causes irritation.

I am very grateful for Dan's products, and have been for years.

Oh, I'm 56 and still have acne. Yes... still! I'll probably use Dan's regimen products until I keel over, and that's fine with me. The price, in this poor economy just can't be beat. I am very grateful for these products.

Hey All,

First post on these boards, though like many, I've been following for a while.

I have been dealing with acne for close to 2 years now and after taking a very holistic approach up until now (with limited success) I decided to 'take the plunge' and start the regimen. Aside from a very short experiment with a BP/Clindamycin aquagel, my skin has seen little in the form of actual treatments. Anyways, getting to my point, I've only been on the regimen since Wednesday but I must confess this thread has made me a little paranoid. Not so much about phantom 'bad batches' but just that the quality/effectiveness of Dan's BP has dropped off.

I'm using the 16oz bottle batch# 0181 ex. 06 12 and all I can say so far, is that it seems very 'mild' .. in every sense.. smell, texture, effects. As someone with very sensitive skin I was expecting a fair bit of irritation, redness, dryness and maybe some stinging upon application. I think the only thing I've noticed so far is a slight worsening in my acne and PIH/ old red marks becoming more noticable. Just wondering if anyone has any insight or experience with the latest batches etc. that they'd like to share.

I should probably mention also I'm an 18 yr old Male.

Thanks

Guest Timehealsall

did DANS old BP sting for everyone? I noticed that 2.5 % BPS dont really cause any stinging feeling for me, (i have used proactiv and neutrogena on the spot BPS and they never caused any stinging). Is this a good thing? Should it be stinging?

Hey all!

I've been using the DKR products for over 2 years (and have all the batches I've used recorded with pictures on my computer to keep track of what batch affects me how) - and I saw this post about a month ago - and decided to wait and see if my skin got better and then to post if I had any news...

I was using batch 9341 all summer and up to mid-September, when I saw this thread about other people's reactions to it. I am mind-boggled with what is going on - my skin has suddenly changed like a light switch, and I wanted to see if anyone had any updates about their BP?

The 9341 batch (I had 2 bottles) was working fine for me - I believe I used the first bottle up all summer - and I had 100% clear skin all summer (I even took pictures for my acne log on my computer) - I was that amazed. I do not suntan and always wear a hat - but I also sweated a TON this summer - and my skin STILL stayed clear - and I was on 9341. That was - until about the end of August and since then. I was on 9341 in August - and my skin suddenly just started breaking out. I also was on the older bottle of 9341 that I ordered in Apr 2010 (I order in bulk). They were not expired - but I was breaking out so badly (and after 3 months straight [and actually before summer I was pretty clear except for the occasional pimple]) I thought I hop on the boards to see if anyone else was having the issue. Mid September is when I stumbled on this thread - and saw the notes that other people had made about batch 9341. Now - do I think the batch was bad or more sensitive for others? Not sure - because I had perfect skin on the first bottle of the first batch - all summer. Why would it start now?

So - after seeing this thread, I decided to stop using my half-used bottle of 9341, and opened a brand new BP bottle from a batch of three 16 oz. BP's I ordered July 2010 - which were all from the same batch, 0105. This is the batch I am currently using, have been using since the end of September - and is the batch that all three of my bottles that I ordered in July 2010 are from.

Batch 0105.

Sadly - my skin has been breaking out STEADILY - one cyst or big pimple - after another. Once one heals, I get another, in a different spot. I know the routine - I know to be gentle, and I've been clear much longer than the 3 months on DKR products - back in 2008 - I was completely clear for MONTHS - so I know that this stuff works?!??

What I wanted to share with you all is: when I opened this new batch 0105 (16 oz. bottle) - the first thing I noticed right away - was the consistency when applying it to my face. Not the smell - not burning or anything like that. I have found that this BP is very - very - thick - and smears WHITE on my face - almost to the point like a MOISTURIZER??? This is also the newest BP that I just ordered - July 2010 - never opened, I got 3 BP's together, and I put them on the shelf, because I was using a different bottle (batch 9341) when I got the new bottles. I always like to have some extra on the shelf.

So - I wanted to come on here and just put my experience in on this thread - I definitely have noticed a consistency change to the BP - I have never, ever, had a DKR BP smear on so thick and white - almost to the point that it doesn't want to absorb?

NOTE: I do wait 30 minutes before putting my BP on after washing my face - I've been doing this for over a year - so nothing like that has changed. I also track everything I do with my face - I use my own towel for my face, I change my pillowcase twice a week, I can't use makeup (any at all) because it makes me break out (so that's not a factor) , I don't use hair products (not even gel, hairspray - nothing) because it makes me break out, I don't go out in the sun - I wear a hat EVERY SINGLE TIME I go out (if the sun is shining or it's day) - I only use certain shampoo/conditioner and stick with it because I know it doesn't break me out (so I don't switch products) - I eat all foods except drinking milk (which has been this way forever, and when I had clear skin) - I don't use scented laundry detergent (because it causes irritation) - I don't take any medications - I don't let my hair touch my face - I don't touch my face - I don't put the phone close to my face; You name it - I've tracked it with my face. So for me - nothing - in the past 5 months - has changed - except the seasons. And we are still actually warm for where I live, so not even that (technically).

I just wanted people to know that I've noticed a different consistency with the batch 0105 - and thought I would put it out there. Is it causing me to break out? I have no clue - I keep getting big/cyst pimples, which I never got all summer (and before, even) - and suddenly I'm getting them (while on batch 9341 and batch 0105) - so I just thought I would put it out there that I've noticed my skin change - and I've also noticed a change in the way the BP product (brand-spankin' new) is on my face. I don't ever remember having a "tacky" issue with Dan's BP - it's always been very clear, and very gel-like. This stuff, the minute I smeared it on my jawline - I could see the spread marks of white gel on my skin. I find that batch 0105 does absorb, and it does absorb normally - but the consistency when I apply it (and from the bottle) - is much different. And it's not old.

For as much of a sensitivity to things/products and my skin, Dan's BP has never gave me any issues - I've gotten a red/pink face - but that's it. I've been able to tolerate BP since college - and I've never had a problem. But I wanted to just let you all know that I have noted a little difference in the BP - and that I hope my skin gets better/adapts soon.

As of right now - It's not.