Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
astrobhoy

Dan's BP - As good as it used to be? Has it Changed?

I contacted them and they suggested taking the quiz and suggested that because the other batch of BP I was using was expired 2 months ago that the new batch is irritating me because it's like "starting over" because it's so much more fresh. I don't know what to think of that because it doesn't really explain why in the heck the expired stuff was keeping me clear for over a month and the new batch broke me out within a week.

This pacifying nonsence from the Reps is beginning to irritate me. :naughty:

Not to mention that the new batch smells so odd. Basically they replied back and said keep going with the new stuff...the break out was because the other batch was expired and not as effective and those blemishes were forming under the skin and came out when I switched to the more potent stuff. Definitely could be it == but I'm just so confused as to why the expired batch was keeping me clear....like nice clear...and now it is again. Anyway, I'm going to have to try the new batch again and hope to whomever that it doesn't totally break me out because I've been working at this regimen for 4 months and I'll just be devastated....

Anyone else hear back from them?? I do love the site and what Dan and everyone is doing -- and the BP when it's working is fantastic and affordable...I just hope this is actually something I can fix in what I'm doing or whatever -- that would be much better than the alternative that the BP isn't as good as it was...because then what...

Edited by TMB

well my old batch was not expired. I order every 2-3 months

and if they were, then i should be concerned :confused:

Not to mention that the new batch smells so odd. Basically they replied back and said keep going with the new stuff...the break out was because the other batch was expired and not as effective and those blemishes were forming under the skin and came out when I switched to the more potent stuff. Definitely could be it == but I'm just so confused as to why the expired batch was keeping me clear....like nice clear...and now it is again. Anyway, I'm going to have to try the new batch again and hope to whomever that it doesn't totally break me out because I've been working at this regimen for 4 months and I'll just be devastated....

Anyone else hear back from them?? I do love the site and what Dan and everyone is doing -- and the BP when it's working is fantastic and affordable...I just hope this is actually something I can fix in what I'm doing or whatever -- that would be much better than the alternative that the BP isn't as good as it was...because then what...

There have been no recent formula changes to the benzoyl peroxide.

Keep in mind that even though one or two people may have complaints and voice them on the forums, there are hundreds of customers who are satisfied and don't say anything.

I've only received one email complaint recently about problems, and we literally have hundreds of customers. While it's unforunate when anyone has issues, it's almost always due to other circumstances.

Be assurred that the bp is tested for quality and efficacy, and the vast majority of users are very satisfied with their results.

It seems to me that there are more than the 'one or two' complaints about it. So far I've just posted on this forum regarding it, and have not yet made my complaint formal - but I think it time that this is taken seriously. Dan HAD a great product, and something has gone wrong with one or maybe two most recent batches.

This is not an attack on him or his business - this is merely a collective voice of opinion from posters on these threads who by the looks of it are mostly long term users.

I'd hate to see Dan's products disappear as they have given so much help to people like me over the years - but he/they have to know when theres a problem with it, and it has to be taken seriously, as I still believe this is being easily dismissed

I do not wish to offend or attack anyone on here - let's make that clear too.

If you think there's something wrong then email them. I will be.

[email protected]

Hi guys,

I want you all to know that you aren't being ignored or pacified. As far as I am aware, there have been no recent changs to the bp, and I know that each batch is thoroughly tested. Many customers have the same batches some of you are asking about and aren't having any problems. I know that doesn't fix your concerns, but I just want you to know that.

I think some of you may have gone from using expired bp to a new bottle, and that may account for the irritation. Otherwise, I'm not sure what's going on. Have you each taken the quiz and read the biggest mistakes? http://www.acne.org/regimenadvice.php and http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html And did each of you read this? http://www.acne.org/faq.html#smells

Also try to think if you have gotten any recent sun exposure, change in products, etc.

Sometimes it helps if you will let us know exactly which products you are using and how you are using them. Don't leave out any details.

I've asked Dan to come and take another look at this thread.

p.s. I've said this in emails but not sure if I've stated it in here or not, but if you aren't happy with the bp you can always request an exchange or a refund. We want you to be happy. :)

I just want to add that about a year ago there WAS a batch with a problem that I got. It had some ingredient irritable to sensitive skin. Many, many people who tried it had problems, and Dan tested the batch on someone with sensitive skin and saw it definitely was irritable (our skins were turning RED when we put the defunct batch on!). He sent us all new batches, offered to pay us for an substitute BP we used in the meanwhile, and even included jojoba as a gift. Acne.org IS on top of stuff, guys. I'm sorry you are having problems, but please do try first changing up your routine. Sometimes it does take awhile for acne to show up. I have the same batch as all of you guys, and it hasn't been irritating my skin like that one bad batch I got last year.

I want to just reiterate everything Brandy said a couple of posts back. Please, please, please take a very close, long look at the links she gave you and keep a very, very, very open mind while you do. We haven't made changes to the BP, it was tested, and I personally use that batch every day.

I want you guys clear and happy. So, I implore you...take some time, open your mind super duper wide, and see if you can find other variables that might be affecting your success or causing reactions.

There are SO many variables in life and it is absolutely vital that no one jumps to conclusions. It is a huge disservice to yourself to jump to conclusions. I've done it before numerous times myself and look back and wish I hadn't. It's human nature, and hard not to, but try extra hard.

Having said that, if you don't like the Acne.org BP at any point, you can stop using it and return it. Just write to [email protected] and we'll take care of you.

Hi guys!

I recently ordered a LOT of Dan's BP gel (4X 16 oz.) but didn't receive it yet. While i'm waiting for the order to arrive, I've started the Regimen using Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer and Panoxyl Aquagel 2,5%. I follow the regimen exactly as Dan recommend it. So far I'm extremely satisfied whit the results, no more breakouts and i'm only on my 5th day on the regimen. WOW. I'm really looking forward to try Dan's BP and see if it work for me.

Now, after having see the last posts, I'm a little bit afraid to receive a bad batch (9341). What if it is not as effective as Panoxyl Aquagel 2,5%. Hopefully, it'll work for me. I was so happy to finally find a solution for my acne that have ruin my life for so many years.

Does anyone that have been ordering Dan's BP know how often they come out with a new batch???

Thanks

Hi guys!

I recently ordered a LOT of Dan's BP gel (4X 16 oz.) but didn't receive it yet. While i'm waiting for the order to arrive, I've started the Regimen using Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer and Panoxyl Aquagel 2,5%. I follow the regimen exactly as Dan recommend it. So far I'm extremely satisfied whit the results, no more breakouts and i'm only on my 5th day on the regimen. WOW. I'm really looking forward to try Dan's BP and see if it work for me.

Now, after having see the last posts, I'm a little bit afraid to receive a bad batch (9341). What if it is not as effective as Panoxyl Aquagel 2,5%. Hopefully, it'll work for me. I was so happy to finally find a solution for my acne that have ruin my life for so many years.

Does anyone that have been ordering Dan's BP know how often they come out with a new batch???

Thanks

Did anyone having trouble with the ''bad batch'' have tried to shake the bottle to make sure that all the ingredients and the BP are well mixed together. Maybe the BP % is not divide/split equally in all the bottle or tube, which can explain the lack of efficacy that some of you are experiencing.

Does it make sense???

Please respond...

Hi guys!

Thanks

Did anyone having trouble with the ''bad batch'' have tried to shake the bottle to make sure that all the ingredients and the BP are well mixed together. Maybe the BP % is not divide/split equally in all the bottle or tube, which can explain the lack of efficacy that some of you are experiencing.

Does it make sense???

Please respond...

Could be?? I also followed the other suggestion of leaving my new batch open for a while to air it out...don't know if that'll make a difference or not.

I also do really appreciate Dan coming on here. Great that he cares for sure.

I still wonder if everyone is talking about the same batch --- some of us are talking about #0014...then I see 9341.... Anyway, I've taken a look at everything that was suggested and we'll see what happens.

Edited by TMB

I want to just reiterate everything Brandy said a couple of posts back. Please, please, please take a very close, long look at the links she gave you and keep a very, very, very open mind while you do. We haven't made changes to the BP, it was tested, and I personally use that batch every day.

I want you guys clear and happy. So, I implore you...take some time, open your mind super duper wide, and see if you can find other variables that might be affecting your success or causing reactions.

There are SO many variables in life and it is absolutely vital that no one jumps to conclusions. It is a huge disservice to yourself to jump to conclusions. I've done it before numerous times myself and look back and wish I hadn't. It's human nature, and hard not to, but try extra hard.

Having said that, if you don't like the Acne.org BP at any point, you can stop using it and return it. Just write to [email protected] and we'll take care of you.

Thanks for your response to this Dan. Unfortunately though I can't accept that the product hasn't changed. When you use something daily for near on 5 years and it changes - you know it!

And it took me seconds to notice it when first used (feel/smell/texture) But as I said before, It didn't bother me - what bothered me was getting the same results as before - which It hasn't.

I have been through your links and I do appreciate that some people could miss something, or have added something else which could make it worse - but again, I'll come back to the number of years as a user - I've been using the same Tea Tree soap for nearly 13 years, and only other long term product on my shelf apart from the moisturiser has been your BP - nothing else added, nothing else taken away; and all used in the same way they always have ben used.

Or maybe it's just me that's totally wrong in imagining all this? :whistle: :rolleyes:

Hi guys!

Thanks

Does it make sense???

Please respond...

What's sure is that the batch in question is consistent throughout the bottle - meaning that it doesn't have to be shaken, so don't worry about that. Big question is wether new stuff will work for you. I really hope it does.

The Panoxyl stuff can be quite strong and drying. Dan's original formula wasn't as harsh on the skin and worked very very well,...before for me anyway. :whistle:

Please keep us all posted on how you get on compared to the Panoxyl. I have recently merged a full tube of Panoxyl with Dan's BP to use for 'nightime' use, in the hope that it'll add a bit of BP kick to it! So far it's not bad, and better that the results I was getting before with just the BP which was making me break out in acne and red blotches.

Dan, just wondering if you do have other batches that we could order. I understand that it could be many other variables and that others are using it with great results, but it just took so long and was so difficult to get to the point of clear skin I don't want to risk it based on "I might be doing something different and maybe the batch isn't irritating my skin and causing breakouts" -- do you have other bottles being sold that aren't batch #0014??

Hi Astrobhoy,

Let's try something. Try eliminating the tea tree oil soap and see if your skin better tolerates the bp after having been washed with something gentle and unmedicated.

I realize you said have been using that particular cleanser for quite some time, but perhaps with seasonal changes or age or something, maybe the combination is too much for your skin.

If you are willing to give that a try for a week or so, let us know if it made any difference.

If Dan says there has been no change in the bp, then there has been no change in the bp. I don't know what you mean by you "can't accept that the bp hasn't changed". We've always been extremely upfront and forthright about the products.

I just wanted to say that I've been using (for a while--it's almost out) 8oz bottle of batch 9341 exp 12/11 and I don't have one active pimple. It seems very fresh because of the smell and it burns a little when I put moisturizer on. I really think you're just dealing with a fresh batch--that's why it smells different, spreads easier (a not-so-fresh batch would probably be drier and stickier), and possibly a bit stronger.

Hi there, I've been using all of Dan's products since 5/18/10, so for around 2 months. Nothing has ever worked as well for me, and I've tried everything, prescription & OTC. I'm a 39 year old woman of spanish background and I live in AZ. I've had mild/moderate acne since puberty, non-stop. I do have to say: I followed Dan's instructions almost to the letter (the only thing I'm bad at is using the moisturizer consistently: I use Dan's AHA in liu of moisturizer at night, and nothing at all, or maybe a little jojoba oil in the daytime, because my almay makeup seems to be enough. However, just this week my skin has been feeling dryer in the daytime, so I'm going to start using the moisturizer tomorrow.

I don't know if this is helpful at all, but this is a recent batch, and the BP gel consistancy is awesome. It a absorbs well, doesn't leave a white film and doesn't smell. I love it.

Any other news on this? I think we need as much info as possible.

I started the DKR routine using Benzac AC 2.5% and it was going well.

I have just bought some of the Acne.org BP and have been using it for 4 days now (#0014) and it has been working ok but my face has been noticeably more red and stings a bit more.

Also I have one whitehead today so I'm starting to think that all the others have been right about this new batch, which smells like medicine, but I truly hope that they are not right as I don't want to have to switch back to Benzac AC!

If anyone has anything further to add please let us know, especially with batch #0014 16oz Bottle.

Thanks

Any other news on this? I think we need as much info as possible.

I started the DKR routine using Benzac AC 2.5% and it was going well.

I have just bought some of the Acne.org BP and have been using it for 4 days now (#0014) and it has been working ok but my face has been noticeably more red and stings a bit more.

Also I have one whitehead today so I'm starting to think that all the others have been right about this new batch, which smells like medicine, but I truly hope that they are not right as I don't want to have to switch back to Benzac AC!

If anyone has anything further to add please let us know, especially with batch #0014 16oz Bottle.

Thanks

Hi, I think what you are experiencing is due to change in BP you are using now, Before you used Benzac and your skin got accustomed to it, and now you changed it to DK thats why, irritation and redness is to be expected at the begining of the change, this is normal. This thread is about people who have been using DK for long AND they noticed a difference lately, not people who moved to DK, I hope I was informative.

honestly,

i have to thank Dan for the regimen. It has worked well for me during the past 2 years. Thank you so much for your site. But as I said i switched back to neutrogena on the spot and I was fine... my skin got on fine. As it was quite annoying to go back to small tubes again, after two weeks I've decided to switch back to the Dan's BP. Again, same reaction... redness, swelling, itching. :'( I do not know what to do. I have honestly done nothing but cleanse gently and put on BP gently. Everytime I've tried to trace back to the reaction it's the 0014 batch BP. I don't know what else i can point to. Neutrogena on the spot causes temporary redness but I know the difference between slight redness that goes away within 5 mins and a itchy rash/ flaking ezcema. Sorry but I'm going to have to stick to neutrogena for now

yea iv been on dans regime for about a year now and have been cleared untill this batch... for some reason im getting alot of white heads around my mouth area.. usually before i whould get a white head and once i apply BP it whould dry it up and be gone within a day but for some reason the white head just stays there for a long time.. so i have to pop it....

Dan when is the new batch coming out?

honestly,

i have to thank Dan for the regimen. It has worked well for me during the past 2 years. Thank you so much for your site. But as I said i switched back to neutrogena on the spot and I was fine... my skin got on fine. As it was quite annoying to go back to small tubes again, after two weeks I've decided to switch back to the Dan's BP. Again, same reaction... redness, swelling, itching. :'( I do not know what to do. I have honestly done nothing but cleanse gently and put on BP gently. Everytime I've tried to trace back to the reaction it's the 0014 batch BP. I don't know what else i can point to. Neutrogena on the spot causes temporary redness but I know the difference between slight redness that goes away within 5 mins and a itchy rash/ flaking ezcema. Sorry but I'm going to have to stick to neutrogena for now

Go ahead and write customer service for an exchange. [email protected]

I'm using another BP for now too. I've orderd a travel size bottle of Dan's BP to see if it's a different batch number -- customer service couldn't say for sure if it would be because so many are shipped out it's hard to stay on top of batch numbers, which is understandable. I'll be returning the 16 oz botttle batch #0014 because it just irritates my skin to no end and I also kept getting more small whiteheads than ever.

I'll let you know what batch number the travel size one is. I really hope all this trouble doesn't set me back weeks or even months....this is getting me down. I had gone without pimples and just slight redness for weeks and now I'm dealing with scaling and whiteheads again....

you read my mind!

I'm using another BP for now too. I've orderd a travel size bottle of Dan's BP to see if it's a different batch number -- customer service couldn't say for sure if it would be because so many are shipped out it's hard to stay on top of batch numbers, which is understandable. I'll be returning the 16 oz botttle batch #0014 because it just irritates my skin to no end and I also kept getting more small whiteheads than ever.

I'll let you know what batch number the travel size one is. I really hope all this trouble doesn't set me back weeks or even months....this is getting me down. I had gone without pimples and just slight redness for weeks and now I'm dealing with scaling and whiteheads again....