Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
astrobhoy

Dan's BP - As good as it used to be? Has it Changed?

Hi, I ordered some of Dan's BP about a week ago (haven't received it yet as I live in Denmark), and I've just found the posts here describing how people are getting extremely poor results with the latest batches. Has anyone ordered during the last month and gotten as good results as always, or is it all bad?

I'm all new to this, I haven't tried BP, but I've had acne since I was 13 and I'm now 27. I'm a male. I've tried exerything possible diet-wise, but the only thing that almost kept my skin clean was an all-meat diet, and that didn't really work for me in general health. So now I've started searching for the most effective and least harmful long term solution, and Dan's BP seems to have gotten very good reviews, just seems to be tough luck that just when I discover it, it seems that something has changed in the formulation that causes it to be ineffective.

precisely. batch 0014

i just got mine in. same as always. its the best. idk why stores dont sell kinds like his.

yes, it does not smell as strong as the last one I had.

I have been using neutrogena on the spot for 2 days, well jsut started my third now.

my skin gets a slight redness that goes away quickly just like it used to be

no more allergic reactions like with batch 0014. Although each time i put on BP it irritates my allergic spots from the previous batch, but nowhere as bad. No waking up at the middle of the night due to itchiness no more flaking or ezcema

astroboy, marco, and lvth -- how are you getting along trying other BPs?? I'm especially wondering how lvth is doing because they were just starting to try the 0014 batch.

astroboy, marco, and lvth -- how are you getting along trying other BPs?? I'm especially wondering how lvth is doing because they were just starting to try the 0014 batch.

Hello, well yes I have been using 0014 for quite a time now, well I also changed the way I do my regimen.

Now, mornings I do:

Wash with Neutrogina Acne-free wash (SAL Acid)

Wait 10 minutes

Apply 6 drops of Jojoba Oil

Night:

Wash with Dan's Cleanser

Wait for 10 minutes

Apply Dan's BP (0014) 2 full pumps

Wait for 10 minutes

Apply Dan's moisturizer + 6 drops of Jojoba OR AHA+ every other night.

I have changed my regimen because I get periodical breakouts regardless what I do, like every month or 45 days I get 3 cysts. Before when I applied the regimen 2 times daily I still got this "Breakout cycle" as well. Also morning time, I wear formal shirts for my job and I neck, tie part bleached and lost alot of these due to BP.

I have been on this regimen for almost a month and to tell you the truth, I havent seen any noticeable improvements or I got any worse. I still get my "periodic" breakouts, I just bought myself some off-time in day time from BP.

About the batch quality, I can not judge because I changed the way and frequency I use BP. but overall, I feel it is the same.

What the regimen did for me so far is that it kept me clear for a longer time, as before I had new breakouts almost daily!

I switched back to my other bottle of Dan's BP, this is my third day, and It seems to be getting me back to normal --- which is good and bad....now I don't know what to do with this large bottle of BP and I'm going to need a new bottle asap, but if I get it now I'm just going to get the same batch I guess. I wonder if the different sizes are from different batches??

I switched back to my other bottle of Dan's BP, this is my third day, and It seems to be getting me back to normal --- which is good and bad....now I don't know what to do with this large bottle of BP and I'm going to need a new bottle asap, but if I get it now I'm just going to get the same batch I guess. I wonder if the different sizes are from different batches??

Well, yes and no. It all depends on demand, and 16oz bottles when I last ordered were 0014 an the 8oz tube I got was 9341, so my guess is it is about demand, if people buy the 16oz faster, then more 16oz will be produced and have a newer batch which will also be used for the tube, but when they are sold out I think...

There have been no recent formula changes to the benzoyl peroxide.

Keep in mind that even though one or two people may have complaints and voice them on the forums, there are hundreds of customers who are satisfied and don't say anything.

I've only received one email complaint recently about problems, and we literally have hundreds of customers. While it's unforunate when anyone has issues, it's almost always due to other circumstances.

Be assurred that the bp is tested for quality and efficacy, and the vast majority of users are very satisfied with their results.

Hey, there!

I am glad I saw your post, because I had a bad experience with the latest batch I got from DK.

I ordered my first package about a year ago and it worked wonders for me. I hadn't seen my skin so smooth and healthy in 4 years. At first, I had the typical symptoms that come with the use of BP, but my skin adjusted pretty fast to the cream.

Last week, I started the new batch and was bitterly disappointed. The consistency of the cream is different (it is more sticky and not like a gel anymore) and the smell is different as well. It does not absorb as fast and as easily as before and what's worse, I get new breakouts and my skin is overdried as it was when I first started using the cream. :(

For me this is a disaster, because the cream is the only thing that keeps my skin under control and when I consistently overdry my skin, I get wrinkles easily!

I know it all depends on the particular case, but the effect of the 2 batches of creams is totally different for me... :(

Hope u will have great results!

Geri

Brandy:

I realize that you have often experienced that people have complained that the product has changed, while in reality something they had changed themselves was causing the issue.

However, when more than two people are raising the same issue, at about the same time, and when one has solved the problem by going back to a previous batch, it's suddenly extremely difficult to explain it without some sort of change having actually happened to the product. The only other explanation right now would have to be some sort of conspiracy theory, but I don't find that to be very likely.

How do 3+ people report that the consistency, smell and effectiveness have changed dramatically, if there is no apparent link between them, and the product hasn't changed?

Of course, there might be 50 customers who have bought the product during the last month and are completely satisfied - and it is those I'm searching for now. They would have no pressing reason to visit this site as everything is obviously going well, but a few of them should find this post at some point, and hopefully reply about their continued good experience. If this does not happen, and more people add to the group of unsatisfied customers, and it turns out that something has indeed somehow changed in the product, it might soon be too late to fix it and still retain customer trust.

Geri:

That's what I was afraid of. Thank you for your story! I very much hope that whatever the issue, it will be fixed soon. Or if everyone is making the same mistake (however unlikely that seems right now), that it will be explained how to avoid this.

Hi there,

I was just wondering who else is using batch #0014 exp. 2012?

I'm especially looking for long time regimen users who are currently using batch #0014 -- Still seeing great results?!

For those of you with batches that seem "off"... here's a few tips I acquired as a customer

If it stings too much (after you have been on the regimen for a while, and a particular new batch is making you sting)...

open the bottle and let it sit on the counter with the cap off for a week, it's probably because the batch is extra fresh.

If it doesn't seem to be working as well... it's most likely some other variable. We (as in the world) currently do not understand acne, except for the fact that it's a bad thing. Benzoyl peroxide isn't an acne cure, it is simply a treatment. A bleaching substance that won't harm our skin like using Chlorox bleach.

Great reply, thanks! Nice tips :) I'm going to try leaving the top off for a bit because I find the new batch really irritating and I've stopped using it and started using the old batch and my face has gone back to normal....so I know it's the BP, but maybe letting it "air out" will help.

Thanks.

my BP bottle (16 oz) is also strange, unlike any BP I've ever gotten this one doesn't seem to stain my clothes, which I realize is a good thing but it is strange for Benzoyl Peroxide to do this

Hello everyone,

I just read through the forum until now but I decided to make an account and start posting.

Some people are writing that the 9341 batch is not as good as previous ones.

In my case, it works great.

However, I just started with Dan's BP a few days ago, so technically the sudden improvement could have many reasons but I am quite sure it's the BP regimen.

My routine is exactly the one Dan suggests,

acne.org Cleanser

BP

acne.org moisturizer and a few drops jojoba oil (at night).

Since I just started, I only use BP in the evening and not the full dose but in just a few days my skin

has started to clear up. The cysts are healing well and I didn't get any new ones.

Here in Japan it is not so easy to get BP products without seeing a doctor and even then, the doctor tried soooo many herbal medicines and the strongest thing I got from them is 0.1% Differin gel (a topical retinoid).. nothing helped so far. :cry:

So far I am really happy and thankful. I hope it will last ;)

i am having issues with the 9341 batch aswell.. it is really frustrating,, im probly going to have to find something else untill the next batch of Dans bp.

my BP bottle (16 oz) is also strange, unlike any BP I've ever gotten this one doesn't seem to stain my clothes, which I realize is a good thing but it is strange for Benzoyl Peroxide to do this

Now that is unusual! Have you been going out your way to stain clothes with it! :D

Will perhaps need to test that out with an old t-shirt to see if the case.

when you say 'other bottle', do you mean an older batch or a new batch?

Brandy:

I realize that you have often experienced that people have complained that the product has changed, while in reality something they had changed themselves was causing the issue.

However, when more than two people are raising the same issue, at about the same time, and when one has solved the problem by going back to a previous batch, it's suddenly extremely difficult to explain it without some sort of change having actually happened to the product. The only other explanation right now would have to be some sort of conspiracy theory, but I don't find that to be very likely.

How do 3+ people report that the consistency, smell and effectiveness have changed dramatically, if there is no apparent link between them, and the product hasn't changed?

Of course, there might be 50 customers who have bought the product during the last month and are completely satisfied - and it is those I'm searching for now. They would have no pressing reason to visit this site as everything is obviously going well, but a few of them should find this post at some point, and hopefully reply about their continued good experience. If this does not happen, and more people add to the group of unsatisfied customers, and it turns out that something has indeed somehow changed in the product, it might soon be too late to fix it and still retain customer trust.

Geri:

That's what I was afraid of. Thank you for your story! I very much hope that whatever the issue, it will be fixed soon. Or if everyone is making the same mistake (however unlikely that seems right now), that it will be explained how to avoid this.

hey zhai,

really good post, and well put across. As I was saying on another thread, the long term users of Dan's BP know the difference. It's not like we're out to start a campaign to bring the product down, but if it raises enough questions to have someone look into what has changed about it, and it is sorted out in the background for future batches, then I'm sure we'll all continue with the product for the forseeable future.

Now that is unusual! Have you been going out your way to stain clothes with it! :D

Will perhaps need to test that out with an old t-shirt to see if the case.

actually I use it for body acne and an old tshirt I could really care less about was black and didn't stain at all. I was in complete shock!

when you say 'other bottle', do you mean an older batch or a new batch?

I mean an older batch.

Can everyone please confirm if we're all talking about the same batch -- #0014 exp. 01 2012.

Note: I did a patch test on a brown towel with the most recent batch of Dan's BP I have (#0014) and an older batch (#8115) and they both pretty equally bleached the towel.

Edited by TMB

David,

i don't understand though

no matter how fresh the batch is

shouldn't it still be 2.5% BP? so how should that matter?

sorry if im a bit dense

For those of you with batches that seem "off"... here's a few tips I acquired as a customer

If it stings too much (after you have been on the regimen for a while, and a particular new batch is making you sting)...

open the bottle and let it sit on the counter with the cap off for a week, it's probably because the batch is extra fresh.

If it doesn't seem to be working as well... it's most likely some other variable. We (as in the world) currently do not understand acne, except for the fact that it's a bad thing. Benzoyl peroxide isn't an acne cure, it is simply a treatment. A bleaching substance that won't harm our skin like using Chlorox bleach.

TMB, i think it's the other ingredients in batch 0014 that is irritating some people's skin

not the BP itself because no matter what it should be 2.5%... unless if it isn't? I don't know. I have two bottles sitting here and no reply from DK customer service? has anyone else contacted them?

Can everyone please confirm if we're all talking about the same batch -- #0014 exp. 01 2012.

Note: I did a patch test on a brown towel with the most recent batch of Dan's BP I have (#0014) and an older batch (#8115) and they both pretty equally bleached the towel.

Well geez, I was just going to order a regime for the first time and now I'm hesitant until something is solved here.

I contacted them and they suggested taking the quiz and suggested that because the other batch of BP I was using was expired 2 months ago that the new batch is irritating me because it's like "starting over" because it's so much more fresh. I don't know what to think of that because it doesn't really explain why in the heck the expired stuff was keeping me clear for over a month and the new batch broke me out within a week.