Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hotglue01

Who gets the initial breakout?

Hey all!

I started Differin 6 days ago after a month's course of antibiotics. My acne is mild-moderate and localized almost entirely on my forehead with a minor breakout on my chin and chest (and only came about because I moved to Japan from the US, and I suspect the intense humidity, pollution and different bacteria on this side of the world irritated my skin). The antibiotics really helped my acne (a month ago it was much more inflamed), and my derm took me off them last week and that's when I started with Differin.

So far, my skin has cleared pretty dramatically. I have been reading these horror stories of people getting these awful IBs and I'm wondering if EVERYONE is prone to an IB; if it is in any way avoidable; if my antibiotics course helped reduce my chances of an initial breakout; if my history of having little to no acne at all up until a few months ago will affect my chances for an IB.

So much of what you read on the internet needs to be taken lightly... I am really freaked out that I'm going to get a horrible IB! Any outlines of WHO gets these and tactics for prevention are greatly appreciated!

Lastly, is it safe to use Benzoyl Peroxide and Differin at the same time?