Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
domzor

COMPLETLELY FED UP, PLEASE HELP

Ok so I am on my... 4th month of Minocin 100MG which was prescribed by my derm. Now "apparently" it has improved my imflamation a lot, but I just don't see it. Even if this is the case I finally realised that my face isnt covered in acne its covered by flat red (marks?). I still have a few active pimples on my cheeks, my neck has some acne, and i have pretty severe bacne. Nothing bothers me more than my face which seems to be covered in red marks. NOW if this is the case, I have had red marks for a very long time, like I would say close to a year and they are not fading. I also use 5% BP treatment with the medication. My question is can I go tanning while using these meds? I want to make the marks as less noticeable as possible, I am getting to the point of being depressed. I always thought my cheeks were full acne but most of them are flat so I guess they are marks? Anyways I need you to tell me if it is ok to tan while ON these meds. I don't want you to tell me about skin cancer and stuff from tanning booths, I am aware of it and that's not what I'm asking. I think I heard somewhere that BP bleaches a tan? Can someone confirm/deny this. I am 17 and I AM FUCKING SICK OF THIS STUPID ACNE. My mom has depression and I already deal with enough bullshit in my life and this is pissing me off beyond belief. I have tried to be patient and I am going crazy. I think Minocin causes photosensitivity or something but I have heard that some people still tan on it. I want to be confident enough to go to school and keep my head up, I can't even talk to ppl with being extremely tense and feeling the need to go check the mirror. PLEASE HELP.

Tanning may make a slight difference in your skin tone, but from what I recall, it is true that BP works against the progression of a tan. And it makes sense because BP is an exfoliating aggent.

My suggestions for inflamation:

1. Try cold compresses or Icing your face. Apply a cold cloth 1 min. ON 1 min. OFF. Or gently go over your face with an ice cube. Personally I combine the two, instead of the compress I use cold water on my face while cleansing and ice at night.

2. PURE Aloe Vera Gel. I found Aloe Vera Gel to be very very good for inflamation, however you need to be careful that you don't overapply as it can be drying.

3. I have heard very good things about Aveno Ultra Calming Lotion which is non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic, it is a moisturizer specifically made for red marks.

I think your main tool of action is Moisturizing, it did wonders for my red bumps and I had several.

Best of Luck!

Thanks for the quick reply, the imflammation isnt my main concern because my derm says the meds are doing great for that. I will look into that moisturizer, thanks for caring :)

Get a moisturizer with an SPF (preferably no less than 10-15). The sun makes your marks appear even darker. I noticed a big difference once I started using SPF...

Ok so I am on my... 4th month of Minocin 100MG which was prescribed by my derm. Now "apparently" it has improved my imflamation a lot, but I just don't see it. Even if this is the case I finally realised that my face isnt covered in acne its covered by flat red (marks?). I still have a few active pimples on my cheeks, my neck has some acne, and i have pretty severe bacne. Nothing bothers me more than my face which seems to be covered in red marks. NOW if this is the case, I have had red marks for a very long time, like I would say close to a year and they are not fading. I also use 5% BP treatment with the medication. My question is can I go tanning while using these meds? I want to make the marks as less noticeable as possible, I am getting to the point of being depressed. I always thought my cheeks were full acne but most of them are flat so I guess they are marks? Anyways I need you to tell me if it is ok to tan while ON these meds. I don't want you to tell me about skin cancer and stuff from tanning booths, I am aware of it and that's not what I'm asking. I think I heard somewhere that BP bleaches a tan? Can someone confirm/deny this. I am 17 and I AM FUCKING SICK OF THIS STUPID ACNE. My mom has depression and I already deal with enough bullshit in my life and this is pissing me off beyond belief. I have tried to be patient and I am going crazy. I think Minocin causes photosensitivity or something but I have heard that some people still tan on it. I want to be confident enough to go to school and keep my head up, I can't even talk to ppl with being extremely tense and feeling the need to go check the mirror. PLEASE HELP.

:comfort:

i recommend Neutrogena Visibly Even Daily Moisturizer http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...amp;catid=21513

it contains spf 30 adn it claims to remove dark spots (AKA those left behind by acne)

i LOVE it!

it doesnt seem very popular for some reason =/ it works wonders for me! =)

it is not an overnigth solution and it doesn't claim to be. It is a little expensive IMO but worth it

I have used it for years now and when the spf 15 went off the market i was SO heartbroken! i thought NOOOOOOOOOO but then they came out with the spf 30 one =)

it absorbs in completly and seems to leave skin very nice =)

i was tired of paying that much money for a moisturizer that does not even moisture that well (i use it under Dans moisturizer). So i stopped using it. After a while i was asking myself "why am i so broken out?" and as i kept asking myself this question i realized that it wasnt that i was broken out. It was that the marks i was getting from the few pimples i would get would linger around and therefore make it look like i had a lot of pimples. That was when i realized that the lotion really worked for me ^_^ so i went to get it ASAP and now im happy!!!! ==))

i highly recommend it =)

Doesnt BP make you more likely to burn?

Maybe you should skip the tanning altogether and go for a good instant tanning cream.

Edited by Nikaa

Doesnt BP make you more likely to burn?

Maybe you should skip the tanning altogether and go for a good instant tanning cream.

x 2.

The BP makes your skin sensitive by exfoliating the upper layer of skin which then exposes a more sensitive layer beneath. I agree with the option of a self tanner for the face, but the problem still lies with the BP which could very much likely hinder the progression of any significant results.

Thanks guys for all the responses! So you recommend a self tanner? What's a good one that I can buy at a store, keep the replies coming, I think tanning is a good idea but I guess it doesnt work well with these meds.

Jergens Natural Glow is very easy to find/reasonably priced. I've had really good results with it. It is a gradual tanner which is good because it lets you control how dark you go without going orange which seems to be a vey common tendency.

Hey man Im on minocyclin, i think its a similar anti biotic. When i got on it last year my skin became perfect. Im a good looking kid but i had severe inflamed acne which made me ugly as shit. this minocycline worked for about 6 or 7 months but I th ink my body became immune becasue my acne came back.

anyways I was using neutrogena (the orange bottle stuff) which is a salicyic acid 2 % and that too worked for a while but now it makes my skin worse, i think its stripped all the good oils. now im doing this and it seems to be working:

I take two showers a day, I use the NOXEMA ORIGINAL face and body cream. Its very gentle and does a good job cleaning without drying your skin, all my dry skin and redness went away. After im out of the shower I gently apply a 10% BP called Zapzyt (theres a million versions im sure you know). then every other day I was at night with the nutrogena stuff very lightly.

Also, Im sure you here th is a lot, but drink a ton of water. I drink about a little under two gallons a day because I sweat a lot so im always thirsty, and dont eat bagged processed foods.

when I eat healthy and drink a lot of water, my skin is feels a lot better and looks a lot better than if i splurge.

Unfortunately I h ave deep cystic acne on my back which needs a more intense treatment, Im taking the bloodtest to get on accutane tomarow, Ill let you know how it goes.

Thanks for all the responses guys, Tony gtfo with your negative attitude plz and ty! Im gonna look into jergens but will BP not let it work? Also I think minocycline is the same as minocin (not sure though). Thanks for your reply and I will look into the body/face shower thing. Let me know if ur lucky enough to get on Accutane. My mom has severe depression so Im not allowed to take it because it may catch on. Keep the responses coming :)

For those using antibiotics, try to use ZNP bar occasionally to kill yeast on your body or face. Anti-biotics kill the good bacteria which allows yeast to grow and yeast can make your skin very red and inflamed. domzer, have u been evaluated for Rosacea? The flat red marks on my face were actually some Rosacea in there with the acne.