Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cameron Sane

Important: We're all screwed

Hey guys, unless I'm very much mistaken, incandescent lighting seems to be pretty popular in households in America. I'm pretty positive (unless I'm thinking of a completely different type of lighting) that incandescent lighting (in general) gives off a very orangish/yellowish glow. For me, this is great. Acne becomes VERY apparent when in the presence of fluorescent lighting (white lighting). Ex: Most schools.

So I read this article and am, at minimum, very disappointed that incandescent lighting might be banned in the U.S.A. by 2014 for energy purposes. I don't know about you, but one of the many reasons I'm glad to be at my house is the incandescent lighting. It hides my redness/acne better than fluorescent lighting and it just plain old looks better. Fluorescent lighting reminds me of school, the mall, public places in general. My home is my sanctuary (and whether you have acne or not, I think we're in general agreement on that statement), and if my lighting is changed to fluorescent, then a large part of my comfort in being at home will be gone.

Any thoughts?

And here's the article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase-out_of_...ent_light_bulbs

And I know most of you are very skeptical of Wikipedia and each individual's ability to "change" any article they want. That's bullshit. Trust me. Don't argue with me on that. If you find this article unreliable, feel free to search alternative articles (because this is not the only one).

Edited by Cameron Sane

Actually the world will probably end two years previous. Idiot.

Sure you can believe the Mayans go for it, but don't call me an idiot when I only made a comment.

Sure you can believe the Mayans go for it, but don't call me an idiot when I only made a comment.

I'll eat your soul.

>.< I hope my acne is gone by then XD... I can see the difference. I still have incandescent lighting in most of the rooms in my house. But my mom is changing it to this super fn bright white fluorescent light. Of course her and my sisters have perfect skin they don't understand. But yeah so I try to stay out of the kitchen and living room as much as possible from now on XD...

>.< I hope my acne is gone by then XD... I can see the difference. I still have incandescent lighting in most of the rooms in my house. But my mom is changing it to this super fn bright white fluorescent light. Of course her and my sisters have perfect skin they don't understand. But yeah so I try to stay out of the kitchen and living room as much as possible from now on XD...

I feel ya. My kitchen has fluorescent lighting too. It's the only room I don't like...

I'll eat your soul.

hah I literally lol'd, thanks. I just hope i'll be clear by that time.

Edited by craigeroo

I feel ya. My kitchen has fluorescent lighting too. It's the only room I don't like...

Yeah and the kitchen has a whole bunch of windows and glass pane slide doors. So during the day its super bright in there and at night its super bright with fluorescent lighting. No wonder people think I'm skinny XD...

I'll eat your soul.

hah I literally lol'd, thanks. I just hope i'll be clear by that time.

Ha yeah but I doubt I'll ever be completely clear until I'm around 70 or so.

I'm pretty sure they make fluorescent lights that have a yellow/reddish tint to them. After I read your post I went and checked out some of the lights in my house (which I thought were incandescent) and they turned out to be compact fluorescent bulbs. They give off the same type of light that incandescent bulbs do, so I don't think you have anything to be worried about.

Hmm I shoulda done more research. And thanks for the advice prostik but I'm not looking to get back on Accutane. I can't even bear the thought of having to go back to my dermatologist for a second round