Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sean j

Crushing Accutane pills

So, I finished taking accutane about 4 months ago and I've got about 90 pills worth in my fridge.. Okay, so while on accutane I gained about 10lbs rapidly and got stretch marks on my hips/ thighs.. Well I used Retin-A on one side of my hip and it completely got rid of them but now I'm out of Retin-A.

My question is, would it be okay to crush them up and mix them up w/ water to use on my marks? Retin-A is technically accutane in a a cream form right?

Sorry if this doesn't pertain to acne/scars, but I didn't know where else to ask it.

Retin A (which is also called Tretinoin) is a stereoisomer of Isotretinoin, so no, they are not the same. (Hence tretinoin vs ISOtretinoin)

Edited by rw000

Why is accutane in your fridge?

My derm told me it was a good idea to keep them in my fridge.

So, I finished taking accutane about 4 months ago and I've got about 90 pills worth in my fridge.. Okay, so while on accutane I gained about 10lbs rapidly and got stretch marks on my hips/ thighs.. Well I used Retin-A on one side of my hip and it completely got rid of them but now I'm out of Retin-A.

My question is, would it be okay to crush them up and mix them up w/ water to use on my marks? Retin-A is technically accutane in a a cream form right?

Sorry if this doesn't pertain to acne/scars, but I didn't know where else to ask it.

Alright, thanks for clearing that up. Would it hurt me if I tried it though? I'm desperate lol... This is embarrassing, especially for a dude to have them.

Edited by sean j

Alright, thanks for clearing that up. Would it hurt me if I tried it though? I'm desperate lol... This is embarrassing, especially for a dude to have them.

I think I remember someone saying that they swallowed a crushed one and it burned their throat so I wouldn't even think about putting it on the skin.

wow that has to be one of the dumbest things i've ever heard. I guess Darwins laws still exist today.

Explain... I always thought Retin-A was accutane in cream form... I was obviously wrong. But thanks for the help anyways.

I think I remember someone saying that they swallowed a crushed one and it burned their throat so I wouldn't even think about putting it on the skin.

Ok, gotcha, I'm not going to attempt it then. Just lock this.

Edited by sean j