Notifications
Clear all

Green Poop on Accutane?

MemberMember
(@aerandirel)

Posted : 03/17/2010 6:42 pm

alright on my 3rd week of low dose Accutane (10 mg daily) and just started getting green poop consistently two days ago. My eating habits haven't changed and I haven't been eating anything weird but I just hope this isnt a sign that my liver is failing or something like that. anyone else have any similar experiences with Accutane?

MemberMember
(@coolguy)

Posted : 03/17/2010 11:59 pm

whoa. no i haven't. that sounds weird.

MemberMember
(@gregmg)

Posted : 03/22/2010 3:49 am

It would seem that being on such a low does and for a short period of time you would not have any problems with the liver. however, It sounds like it could have something to do with your liver. The discoloration could be do to the over work of the liver and abnormal secretion of bile. If I were you I would play it safe, stop taking the medicine and call in and make an appointment with your Derm. so you can schedule a lab.

MemberMember
(@aerandirel)

Posted : 03/22/2010 10:52 am

Yea called up my derm and she said if it continued for a few more days that we'd make an appointment and get me checked out. Luckily it stopped the next day so I guess I had just eaten something weird. False alarm.

MemberMember
(@rose2367)

Posted : 07/09/2021 12:23 pm

On 3/17/2010 at 6:42 PM, Aerandirel said:

alright on my 3rd week of low dose Accutane (10 mg daily) and just started getting green poop consistently two days ago. My eating habits haven't changed and I haven't been eating anything weird but I just hope this isnt a sign that my liver is failing or something like that. anyone else have any similar experiences with Accutane?

it has caused the same thing for me, i am also on my 3rd week and its always green lol