Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm an 18 years old male, 5'6" 165 pounds. I've been month accutane for 5 months so far. My derm said I should be on it for 7 months total. I've been on 60 mg/day the entire time and plan on being on it for the next 2 months. Does this seem good? Depending on my weight my derm said I should be on it 7 months @ 60 mg/day. I went in the sun for like an hour today and an hour yesterday without sun screen. I haven't had a pimple in like 6 days and I notice two today. Could these pimples be from the sun exposure or what?

Edited by StanSmith

(210 days x 60mg)/75kg = 168 mg/kg. The average range for treatment is 120-150mg/kg. So i think you should be fine.

I doubt the sun made you break out.

Thanks. Is that the formula used to determine how much/how long someone should be on accutane for so it works to its full potential?

(210 days x 60mg)/75kg = 168 mg/kg. The average range for treatment is 120-150mg/kg. So i think you should be fine.

I doubt the sun made you break out.

What will the sun do? Just make me get sunburn easier?

Yeah, accutane just makes your skin more fragile, so the sun will do a lot more damage more quickly. It's advisable to either wear sunscreen, or just try not to be in the sun for extended periods.

Don't be afraid to walk to your car or anything, just don't go sun bathing :)

Yeah, accutane just makes your skin more fragile, so the sun will do a lot more damage more quickly. It's advisable to either wear sunscreen, or just try not to be in the sun for extended periods.

Don't be afraid to walk to your car or anything, just don't go sun bathing :)

thanks bud.

Anyone know if this is the formula used to determine how much/how long someone should be on accutane for so it works to its full potential?:

******(210 days x 60mg)/75kg = 168 mg/kg. The average range for treatment is 120-150mg/kg.******

According to Wikipedia, the accepted cumulative dose that's effective is 120-150mg, and I checked your math, and it's spot on.

According to Wikipedia, the accepted cumulative dose that's effective is 120-150mg, and I checked your math, and it's spot on.
excellent