Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I read somewhere that you can spot treat acne with honey. Put honey on the spot before bed cover with a bandaid and whala in the am the spot is gone.

Has anyone else heard of this and possible tired it with any luck?

I've heard of that too. But it's supposed to work better if it's raw honey, unpasteurized. I can't find any at this time of year, so I've been using the pasteurized honey as a mask with a few crushed aspirin tablets. It does seem to speed healing, but the aspirin will make you peel a little.

I've read that raw honey is an antiseptic and moisturizer. So it can't hurt to try. But keep in mind the honey will drip down your face. Plus I think nothing feels more luxurious than slathering honey all over your face! :D

I found the mask here

I usually use a little more honey and wet the aspirin with a few drops of witch hazel.

Edited by RachaMacc

I used this last night on a newly forming pimple (not quite a cyst, but had the potential to be big). I put honey (I *think* it's raw, but I can't be sure as it's local and the label is very minimalist) on the spot and covered with a small bandaid. This morning, I pulled off the bandaid, and noticed an oil spot in the middle of the band-aid's gauze area. I'm sure this was the honey/bandaid soaking up the stuff in the cyst! The cyst is still there, but it is no longer painful and appears less inflamed. I work from home so I'm continuing to treat it with honey today. Fingers crossed it disappears.

FWIW, I've heard that honey does two things to acne - either shrinks it into nothing, or quickly brings it to a head so it can be extracted without much ado. In my opinion, these are both very favorable options. Fingers crossed it keeps working!