Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gda_11

I Hate People That Don't Have to Try...

I hate people that don't have to do anything, especially when you're doing everything. I don't know how many of you out there are like me, but if you have a really strict diet (I even keep a food journal, I'm lame I know :P) it's even worse because you watch people eat mountains of food you wouldn't touch with a 10 foot-pole. Cakes, cookies, burgers, etc... I strongly believe in diet changes and sometimes it's just so hard to look at your friends with their perfect skin eat all this sugar and other "bad foods" and you think "If I do that I might as well just put the acne on my face myself".

And then of course they can touch their face whenever they want, you know rub their cheeks with unwashed hands or something like that, and then they don't wash their face... Or at least not like we do, I mean with such care. And they STILL HAVE PERFECT SKIN.

I know it's just that I'm jealous, and I'm okay with that. I just wish I could be like them...

Anyway I'm off to make a salad with about a pound of greens and veggies, like I do everyday. And like I know none of my friends do.

Welcome to the acne club! It's so exclusive that only a select lucky few are ever invited. :D

It's so exclusive you are forced to accept the invitation! :dance:

I hate people that don't have to do anything, especially when you're doing everything. I don't know how many of you out there are like me, but if you have a really strict diet (I even keep a food journal, I'm lame I know :P) it's even worse because you watch people eat mountains of food you wouldn't touch with a 10 foot-pole. Cakes, cookies, burgers, etc... I strongly believe in diet changes and sometimes it's just so hard to look at your friends with their perfect skin eat all this sugar and other "bad foods" and you think "If I do that I might as well just put the acne on my face myself".

And then of course they can touch their face whenever they want, you know rub their cheeks with unwashed hands or something like that, and then they don't wash their face... Or at least not like we do, I mean with such care. And they STILL HAVE PERFECT SKIN.

I know it's just that I'm jealous, and I'm okay with that. I just wish I could be like them...

Anyway I'm off to make a salad with about a pound of greens and veggies, like I do everyday. And like I know none of my friends do.

If the diet thing is really working for you then thats good, but don't kill yourself over it. I know how stressful it can be especially if your not seeing results like what happened to me. I tried a very strict diet for 3 months and lost a ton of weight because of it and became stressed out with it which did not help my acne out much of course. I am still struggling with my acne to this day but am glad i can eat and enjoy more foods again. I still avoid dairy thou.

i'm also really jealous of ppl who don't have to try. i've heard of so many stories where ppl have gone to bed without washing their face time after time, and they have baby soft, glistening skin. my genes suck and it's all my parent's fault. lol .. ok, i don't believe that it's all their fault, but i wish they would have taken my acne seriously instead of thinking it was a hygiene issue.

Edited by den_den
i'm also really jealous of ppl who don't have to try. i've heard of so many stories where ppl have gone to bed without washing their face time after time, and they have baby soft, glistening skin. my genes suck and it's all my parent's fault. lol .. ok, i don't believe that it's all their fault, but i wish they would have taken my acne seriously instead of thinking it was a hygiene issue.

Ugh I know! My friend was just complaining to me about how she has this annoying big pimple (its not big) that just showed up and she said its probably because she didn't wash her face. She said that it seems that she gets pimples whenever she doesn't wash her face for a few days or take off her makeup before bed, which she wears a crap load of and does NOT need at all. Are you kidding me??? If all I had to do to not get acne was just wash my face, I would have skin softer than a baby's butt! And she keeps telling me that my acne would go away if I just tried Proactiv. I have tried it three different times, it sucks. The worst part is that the only part of the Proactiv set that she uses, and remember the package comes with the toner and the moisturizer and the green tea mask, is the cleanser. She spends all that money for a cleanser she doesn't even use. Argghghghh! Sorry, I just had to rant because she was complaining about all this today.

i hate that too!!!!!!!! if all i had to do was wash my face and eat vegies, fruits and drink water. my skin would be flawless. but no.

i hate ppl who dont have to do anything either. my friend just rinses her face iwth WATER, drinks alcohol. parties heaps, eats junk. and has flawless skin.

its kinda annoying when i do so much and receive so little.

Edited by gday123

Life is often unfair... I know guys that have smoked and done drugs their whole, who make more money than I do, look way better than I do, and women love them. But if you spend considerable amounts of time being disgruntled, it's just going to make it worse. Plus, you never know what is in store for people down the road. Look at Patrick Swayze. Everyone has a cross to bare eventually.

Its really bad when you see someone who is a real a**hole with perfect skin. They dont deserve it. It would be better if your skin was a refelction of how good a person you are. My skin would be alot better then it is now.

Even if your skin's finally gotten clear, it's probably still not going to look perfect because of enlarged/clogged pores that you really can't do anything about even with topical treatments. I posted a picture of myself on some website at a point when I wasn't breaking out AT ALL, and the first comment I got was, "It looks like you exfoliate with Burger King wrappers."

THEY ARE SEBACEOUS FILAMENTS THANK YOU AND I HATE THEM AND I HATE YOU :evil:

Ugh I know! My friend was just complaining to me about how she has this annoying big pimple (its not big) that just showed up and she said its probably because she didn't wash her face. She said that it seems that she gets pimples whenever she doesn't wash her face for a few days or take off her makeup before bed, which she wears a crap load of and does NOT need at all. Are you kidding me??? If all I had to do to not get acne was just wash my face, I would have skin softer than a baby's butt! And she keeps telling me that my acne would go away if I just tried Proactiv. I have tried it three different times, it sucks. The worst part is that the only part of the Proactiv set that she uses, and remember the package comes with the toner and the moisturizer and the green tea mask, is the cleanser. She spends all that money for a cleanser she doesn't even use. Argghghghh! Sorry, I just had to rant because she was complaining about all this today.

yeah, my friend was complaining about breaking out a few days ago, too. i see her a lot, and i didn't know what she was talking about. but she's never had any skin issues before, so i guess it's been hard on her. i understand why she's stressed about it cuz acne can do that. it's just completely different perspectives ... she says the word breakout and laughs.

i still can't say the word without it reminding me about some rough times, and i'm def not laughing.

Edited by den_den

...basically my life in a nutshell. my friends have flawless skin, ALL of them, and sometimes someone will start complaining about the ONE pimple they have, that in reality no one can even see. it's just so unnecessary, i'm always tempted to tell them to shut up because they have absolutely no idea what it's like to have one more than once every three months. and sometimes they'll start discussing that they really don't need makeup at all. it just sucks, i'm just sitting there wondering what my life would be like if i could be like them fhdsjk so jealousss. sorry for ranting.

I hear you, my friend. I feel that way from time to time, but I never let that kind of BS linger too long in my head. I am what I am and this is it. I take care of it the best I can. I really have very little time to worry about other people, I'm sure they have their problems, too. If not now, then someday. Anyways, keep your journal and stay strong. You're doing the right thing and I wish you nothing but success.

Cheers!