Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LetThemEatCake

Pimple That Popped On Its Own?

This morning, I was laughing and the humongous pimple on my chin popped. I decided it was best to get rid of all the pus so I got a couple Q-tips and gently squeezed out everything else. Unfortunately, there was a lot of left over yellowish liquid inside the pimple and it kept leaking. Meanwhile, I kept squeezing out the yellowish pus. I finally gave up, and applied rubbing alcohol over the area. Yet I can't help but think that I'll have that huge bump on my chin for a very long time. I rarely get pimples in my chin area.

What can I do so that the bump will go down and heal faster?

What can I do so people won't be drawn to the blemish?

post-101079-1268851522_thumb.jpg

Edited by LetThemEatCake

ice it. Dont put ice directly on it, get like an ice pack, wrap it in a paper towel and put it on for a few minutes. Dont leave it on too long or it will just get the whole area more red.

do this..seriously: Rub some 10% bp on it (like quarter of a pea size), wait 5 minutes, then apply neosporin. I wouldn't put a bandaid on it, it may irritate the surrounding skin. Just let it air dry. That works every time if i ever need to pop a pimple

i disagree with soxfan and maximus, applying ice would feel good for a moment but after awhile the area would get dehydrated, putting BP on a wound is the most horrible idea ive ever heard of! I would put some moisturizer or some aloe vera and put a bandage over it, the area looks seriously red maybe keep the moisturizer in the fridge for awhile and apply it on when you need to.

Do you have any AHA? I've been using it as a moisturizer as well as a spot treatment. It seems like the AHA helps to clear up a pimple much faster, without overdrying and causing a nasty scab that takes FOREVER to heal.