Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vikki17

what kindof acne do i have? (pics)

My skin has always been bad, but I managed to look normal with makeup on, recently ive given up on makeup, i needhelp with my acne, it would help if i knew what kind it is..

post-124857-1268848594_thumb.jpg

post-124857-1268848605_thumb.jpg

post-124857-1268848615_thumb.jpg

post-124857-1268848594_thumb.jpg

post-124857-1268848605_thumb.jpg

post-124857-1268848615_thumb.jpg

My skin has always been bad, but I managed to look normal with makeup on, recently ive given up on makeup, i needhelp with my acne, it would help if i knew what kind it is..

According to the acne.org you may have:

Pyoderma Faciale (Rosacea Fulminans):

This type of severe facial acne affects only females, usually between the ages of 20 to 40 years old, and is characterized by large painful nodules, pustules, and sores, all of which may scar. It begins abruptly, and may occur on the skin of a woman who has never had acne before. It is confined to the face, and usually does not last longer than one year, but can wreak havoc in a very short time.

What products are you using now? are you using benzoyl peroxide, retin a, salicylic acid,etc?

When did it start? Does it clear up and come back again?

What reduces the severity? like avoiding certain food, or a certain face product, etc.

What makes it worse? like food, hot water (bathing, washing face, hands, etc.)

Is it just on your cheeks and chin? is it happening on other parts of body?

Is there any pain in the affected area on your face?

When does your acne get worse? during what months of the year? like after your period, or during the summer/winter, etc.

Do you have relatives with similiar acne as yours?

Did you ever get a blood test to check your RBC count, WBC count, cholesterol, etc. What were the abnormal results?

Edited by geoffrey solo

Hi

maybe its hormonal since its mainly in the jawline area..just a guess

I would definitely say go to a doctor who can get a culture done then you will know exactly what you are treating..I've had the worst experiences with derms so go to one who will get the exact cause and not jus randomly play guess..

they dont look like cysts to me..looks more like a rash..

good luck

Geoffery,first, thankyou, To answer your questions, I have had acne since about 7th grade. I'm a senior now. As far as products go my regimen is this: Cetaphil wash morning and night, natures cure morning and night, and green tea 3 times a day. Nothing really signicantly reduces the severity, for increases the severity, chocolate, greesy foods, harsh spot treatments make it worse. It is targetting just the areas you see, It doesnt really stray from there, but I NEVER break out on my chin, and a couple weeks ago it started happening, and it hasnt really gone away. Yes, it is pretty painful in spots... and of course it does flare up around a menstrual cycle. Okay when it comes to genetics, my dad had acne similar to mine when he was younger, but he grew out of it at the age of 19. And concerning blood tests, no I've never had those tests done.

Jasota, thankyou, I recently scheduled an appt for the doc..Thanks, and hmm i wonder if it may be a rash, considering that the jawline Isn't a typical area for me to breakout.

Edited by vikki17

Geoffery,first, thankyou, To answer your questions, I have had acne since about 7th grade. I'm a senior now. As far as products go my regimen is this: Cetaphil wash morning and night, natures cure morning and night, and green tea 3 times a day. Nothing really signicantly reduces the severity, for increases the severity, chocolate, greesy foods, harsh spot treatments make it worse. It is targetting just the areas you see, It doesnt really stray from there, but I NEVER break out on my chin, and a couple weeks ago it started happening, and it hasnt really gone away. Yes, it is pretty painful in spots... and of course it does flare up around a menstrual cycle. Okay when it comes to genetics, my dad had acne similar to mine when he was younger, but he grew out of it at the age of 19. And concerning blood tests, no I've never had those tests done.

Jasota, thankyou, I recently scheduled an appt for the doc..Thanks, and hmm i wonder if it may be a rash, considering that the jawline Isn't a typical area for me to breakout.

Yes it looks like it is due to hormones and and also a type of rash. Thats good that your seeing a doctor, he will be able to find the cause of the rash. tell the DR everything.

If you wash your face with warm to hot water, you can try lukewarm to a little cooler water instead (temperature between hot and cold, maybe a little cooler). I have been getting rashes washing dishes with warm to hot water...washed with cooler water and the rashes are going away. Also stopped taking hot showers. taking lukewarm showers now

Also if your father had a similiar problem and grew out of it, you may as well.

Edited by geoffrey solo

Def more than likely hormonal. At your Dr. Appt you should ask for spiro. Here lots of good things for females taking this for hormonal acne and clearing up completely. Check out the spiro logs on here;)

inflammatory acne, your skin is seriously damaged from irritation by either harsh chemical cleansing, rubbing alcohol, scrubbing, hard water, overwashing the face and a host of other likely causes.

Thankyou all, I'm going to the Dr. Tommorow wish me luck! I'm looking forward to a confident life without makeup