Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, I really don't know how to start this topic I'm kinda shy :redface:

I know that it's not true that being active sexually (like masturbation or having sex) but I keep getting acne or zits whenever I do so. I stayed late with my gf the other night and we slept together. the next day I had 3 big break outs. I hate it.

can't i have a normal life? acne is really f****g me up! (sorry for the term)

Any help with this?

Edited by cooldude101

You know it iinda raises your testoserone and the zinc loss in the sperm if you do it regularly twice a week should be fine!!

Its all about control besides you will enjoy it more if you hold out

You know it iinda raises your testoserone and the zinc loss in the sperm if you do it regularly twice a week should be fine!!

Its all about control besides you will enjoy it more if you hold out

I tried not to have sex for 2 months dude. and it was ok and this is the first time after 2 months! fn acne won't let me be happy!

carmusen its case by case though isnt it? I mean there are many people who scarf down junkfood daily and are perfectly clear, or people who bathe twice a week without so much as a blemish.

Sexual activity can raise blood flow and temperature leading to flushing/inflammation. Some people, such as rosacea sufferers, will break out with pustules, papules, and whiteheads from said flushing.

Its not a fun thing to deal with and I cant say for certain it is happening to you, but maybe you should consider it.

It takes maybe two weeks or so from the time a lesion technically starts forming, to when you can actually see it. So if something happens in the next couple days... I don't believe that can be related in any way. I'm not a doctor, but I've not found too many times in life where not having sex had any sort of positive effect. Minus the obvious potential pitfalls. ;-)

there is no correlation between ejaculation and acne, it's a rumor. Probably used to scare kids like when parents used to say if you masterbate you will go blind or grow hair on your palms. relax.

Dad: Son you have to stop masturbating, if you keep on masturbating you'll go blind!

Son: Dad, I'm over here...

True story...

Edited by prostik

Thanks a lot guys. I used to not believing on this so called myth about acne but now i think i do. I need some insights. I'm observing myself and comparing the difference.

Dad: Son you have to stop masturbating, if you keep on masturbating you'll go blind!

True story...

True story...

OMG that made me laugh!

To the OP masturbation and sex wont cause acne however the hormonal changes bought about by these 2 actions can cause it. The holistic forum is filled with great ways to balance hormones. Testosterone only increases slightly but lots of people do link their acne to masturbation. If you have any questions feel free to PM me :)

Edited by MJ.23

True story...

^^^ LOL!!!!

oops! I just realized I'm not supposed to be here *slowly backs away :shifty: *

Edited by Sound*of*Silence

True story...

^^^ LOL!!!!

oops! I just realized I'm not supposed to be here *slowly backs away :shifty: *

You're a woman, not a girl, so it's ok! :) (And likewise)

And here's Dan's take on masturbation and acne:

http://www.acne.org/masturbation-acne.html

Does masturbation cause acne?

History: There is no specific scientific evidence linking masturbation and acne. However, for hundreds if not thousands of years, societies around the world, in their attempt to prevent young people from engaging in premarital sex, have latched onto the myth that sex/masturbation and acne are in some way related. Let’s take a moment now to look at modern science and see if we can help unravel this controversy.

What does research say?: As of 2009, there are no published studies attempting to link masturbation or sex with acne. Until researchers produce those studies, let’s take a step back. We do know that hormones and acne are linked, particularly when it comes to increased levels of androgens such as testosterone. So let’s look at how arousal and the sex act affect hormone levels. First, it’s worth mentioning that we know far more on this topic when it comes to animals such as rats and monkeys than we do about humans. Science is spotty in the area of human hormonal production and sex. According to a study in the journal Psychosomatic Medicine, “…small differences in methodology and data interpretation may easily produce contrasting results.” A survey of the evidence bears this out.

What the evidence shows: Several studies show very small increases in testosterone after orgasm in both men and women, while others show statistically insignificant differences. Studies specific to arousal show from very small increases in hormone levels to insignificant changes. However, even when changes are apparent, levels return back to baseline within minutes. As you can see, we have little if any compelling evidence. To complicate matters even more, a study in the Journal of Zhejiang University SCIENCE in 2003 showed a marked increase in testosterone on the 7th day of abstinence, which the authors posit is possibly due to sperm formation and maturation.

Conclusion: We simply do not know whether masturbation or sex is related to acne, or for that matter human hormonal balance. More research is needed. Current research tends to point toward very small hormonal changes after arousal or sex, if any. Whether these changes are beneficial or detrimental for acne remains unknown.

My common sense hypothesis: We know that humans with high androgen levels tend to experience more severe acne symptoms. We also know that humans with higher androgen levels tend to have a higher sex drive. This may explain why some people who are more sexually active, with themselves or partners, may at times experience more acne symptoms. Whether abstinence would increase or decrease acne in such individuals is up for debate.

Guest Chrisâ„¢

True story...

lmfao, wow, that was the funniest shit i've read on these boards in a long time

ty for the laugh :surprised:

In theory, masturbating raises your testosterone levels, which is believed to cause more acne...

But I haven't found this to be true at all personally, and I would consider myself an avid fan of masturbation to say the least LoL. I guess every person has different acne triggers though. For me, when I drink a lot of alcohol I tend to breakout. Owell :crazy: *chugs another beer at 3:00 am on a weekday* lol

Edited by Chrisâ„¢

Thanks for your posts and infos guys! So this is 5 days after i slept with my gf. No sign of new zits. The 3 big bumps are drying now. I'm doing dan's regimen btw. I'm gonna do some experimentation and observe myself if I'll have breakouts when I will engage in masturbation and sex again.

Just dont do it if its fucking yo u up

Everybody';s body functions differently if its that simple we'd all be happy after taking that magic pill.

There may be a link with this for me as well and actually I hope there is cause I'll be holding it off for a good 2 weeks and see how it goes.

Good luck to you man.