Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
evelyne

How do i improve my regimen and my skin?

Hello, i just joined this forum today. Well the reason i joined was because i wanted advice and i was fed up with my acne. I'm currently 16. I'm chinese and female.

My skin:

It is pretty oily all round, not just the Tzone.

I have more reddish-brown marks than existing acne.

My acne mainly consist of Blackheads, whiteheads, papules and pustules as well as maybe nodules.

I'm not sure what are nodules but the ones i have are sort of like pimples that lie deeper in the skin and when i pop them, the pus burst out and the wound starts to bleed. Seriously, bleed.

My skin gets the worst a week or two before my period. Then it starts to clear and i will get the clearest a few days into my period. Is this weird that i'm at my best during my period?

My main problems:

My oily skin.

Uneven skin texture due to whiteheads.

THE ACNE MARKS. Thank god, not scars.

Whiteheads and nodules. These are the reasons why i get marks. Sometimes i feel so frustrated with the uneven texture of my face and i will try to squeeze the larger whiteheads out, resulting in inflammation into pustules and light scarring. But because i have many of these, the scarring becomes more obvious. Also, due to my sometimes popping the nodules, i get blood clots in my skin, resulting in darker reddish marks that take longer to get away.

My regimen:

Morning-

Wash face with body shop tea tree oil foaming wash and warm water.

Tone with o'derme universal tonic spray.

Apply spot treatment (Thursday plantation tea tree oil medicated treatment)

Apply dermalogical clearing mattifier over acne prone areas.

Apply Lily of the desert aloe vera gelly over tzone to prevent excess oil from forming/showing.

Use non-comedogenic foundation to spot-conceal only.

Night-

Wash face with body shop tea tree oil foaming wash and warm water.

Tone with homemade green tea.

Apply spot treatment (Thursday plantation tea tree oil medicated treatment)

Apply the lily of the desert aloe vera gelly all over face.

This regimen didn't do any miracle to improve my acne but it did help to control it.

My questions:

What type of acne do i have? Hormonal/moderate/severe/etc?

How can i improve my regimen? Is there anything i should not have done?

How do i stop myself from popping/squeezing/picking on my pimples?

Any other tips and suggestions to get clear skin?

And lastly, a huge thank you in advance. (:

Edited by evelyne

I think you should look into doing the regimen. Obviously your skin isnt liking the regimen you have now. I think less is more and you need only medicine. Benzoyl Peroxide. Get a gentle cleanser, either Dans BP or On the Spot By neutregena and a simple moisturizer. It will get worse at first because your skin will react BUT eventually in time it should clear. Getting rid of acne is a pain but the stories i read once its gone its so much more worth it. Dont settle for okay skin you may get with other products. Do The Regimen and see if it works for you, changes are it will !