Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so i was prescribed retin a .025% about a year ago for my moderate acne and it really kept my acne down, but about 2 months ago for some reason it just stopped working and my acne got really bad. So i stopped using it and tried the regimen with ok results but definitely not the same as my normal condition on retina. Im thinking of going back on the retin a because i have some doubts about why it stopped working. So my theory is the bottle got a puncture about 2-3 months ago, nothing too big but I was playing with the foil bottle and a small cut was made. I figiured I would seal it up with tape and plastic wrap. It seemed to not have an effect for about a month. Also, around the 2 month time we went on vacation up into the mountains, and the bottle exploded because of the pressure. So i am just wondering if these have anything to do with the lessened effectiveness? also, is retin a an antibiotic, or have antibiotic properties, like losing effectiveness after a whiel? And finally could it be that the bottle was just too old and started to lose its effectiveness? any answers would be greatly appreciated!

Retin-A is a trademark for a compound containing Retinoic acid and the active ingredient Tretinion* ( WHICH IT'S A FORM OF VITAMIN A )

so it's not an antibiotic

And if we look to the conditions that the bottle been through so it's not able to be used anymore

But many Retin-A users have faced this problem , after 3 months of using it the acne doesn't response to the medication

Retin-A is a trademark for a compound containing Retinoic acid and the active ingredient Tretinion* ( WHICH IT'S A FORM OF VITAMIN A )

so it's not an antibiotic

And if we look to the conditions that the bottle been through so it's not able to be used anymore

But many Retin-A users have faced this problem , after 3 months of using it the acne doesn't response to the medication

no its not true...i m using retin a for 4 months for my moderate acne...it has cleared up all my acne and now i m using it for some pimple marks....it would be the bottle budddy...retin a keeps working....