Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am not on the regimen, but I do own all of Dan's products. I was on the regimen but decided to come off, once I ruined my skin by adding in a stupid Clean and Clear scrub. :(

But anyway, I use the AHA+ as a nighttime moisturizer on my whole face, but my forehead (I'll explain why next) every night, but would like to know if I should add in BP as a spot treatment for little pimples as well or just let the AHA+ do that job? But if you think the BP could still have an effect as a spot treatment, do I apply the BP or the AHA+ first?

And next...I remember being on the regimen and how well it cleared my face. My forehead is about the only part of my face that still gets acne, so I wanted to do a mini regimen on it for a few weeks and see what I get. I've been washing with Dan's cleanser, then applying BP and then applying moisturizer to my forehead only. Though I only do this at night, so I was wondering how long I should wait til I can replace the moisturizer with AHA+?

Thanks alot everyone!

For the parts of your face that you moisturize with AHA, you can definitely use BP as a spot treatment, if you'd like. Just apply the AHA, give it five to ten minute to soak in, then spot treat with the BP.

Stick with just the three Regimen steps for your forehead for at least a month before adding the AHA back in up there.

And, of course, be sure to use sunscreen for at least a week following any AHA use. ; )

Awesome, I really appreciate your help. <333

One more question, I do plan on doing the BHA/AHA regimen (every other night) starting next Sunday, but I was wondering if I can use BHA gel as a spot treatment...for like clogged/bubble-like pores. I have alot of little bumps that seem like clogged pores, but I'm not ready to add in the BHA all over my face just yet. I have one bump I wanna take care of asap because it seems a little red and raised around it. What do ya think?

Just be careful, because using Salicylic Acid and BP at the same time can be irritating. Maybe you could test it on your jaw for a while before using the BHA as a spot-treatment, just to make sure your skin can handle it well.

I, personally, do occasionally spot-treat with a Salicylic Acid product, and my skin seems to do okay with it. I hope yours does too. : )

Ah, well I used BHA a few months ago, but I had to stop because it was waaaaaay too drying for my skin. But now if I do BHA/AHA every other night I should be a-o-k. So yeah I'm not worried about the BHA being too irritating for my skin, but you're saying to test it somewhere else tonight to see if I can use it over the AHA because THAT could be too irritating?

Edited by Joey T

I was mostly talking about the combination of BP and Salicylic Acid. I'm not sure about BHA and AHA together. When in doubt, it's always better to spot test. ; )

Ahhhh, funny! I misread and thought you DID say AHA and BHA. Hmmm, okay, so I'll leave that spot alone for the night and do a spot test with the BHA over the AHA on my jawline, thanks again. :P

I put BP on that spot that I wanted to put the BHA on and no effect, and also had no effect from the BHA on top of the AHA on my jawline, so I should be okay doing that, thanks alot. :]