Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
recoverme

Are Raw Almonds Okay?

I been on a strictly anti-gluten, anti-dairy diet for a week and a couple days..

My cysts have been healing slowly, but I been trying to diversify my diet.

I was wondering if almond nuts are okay to eat to quench hunger

Almonds are actually very healthy if eaten in moderation.

The holistic approach would be to soak them (try searching for soaking nuts on this forum/net) to improve digestion.

Also, some sources don't recommend almonds at all because they have been 'zapped with radiation' (whatever that means...) Thought I mention that too

And lastly, few people claim to have break-outs from them ... So go figure out :D

Almonds are great. They're definitely OK to eat just as they are (without soaking, etc.), and I doubt you're gonna break out from it. Most people who eat a grain-free, diary, free, etc. diet to cure their acne have almonds every now and then, including myself.

Almonds are great. They're definitely OK to eat just as they are (without soaking, etc.), and I doubt you're gonna break out from it. Most people who eat a grain-free, diary, free, etc. diet to cure their acne have almonds every now and then, including myself.

I used to eat them on a daily basis when I first started eating the way that I am. They were sort of my replacement for things like chips or sweets. I was eating them WAY more than every now and then. XP

Still, I had no problems! Walnuts are good too.

The only thing that may cause problems would be if you have some sort of sensitivity to nuts or problems digesting them - which soaking usually helps alleviate. I, for one, am too lazy to wait and just end up eating them raw without soaking anyhow.

I have started eating raw almonds lately and am wondering if I would have a sensitivity to them how fast will that show? I mean will the breakout come pretty fast or is it more like it builds up and after a couple of days BAM! Because I know Im allergic to peanuts atleast but havent broken out yet on the 3-4 days Ive used almonds.

Yeah.. having food sensitivities sucks.. you can't tell

I know that dairy and sugar make me break out huge mountains.. but almonds I'm not sure

Yes, providing you don't have an intolerance for them. They are related to stone fruit and some people are allergic to all of them.

Soaking reduces lectins and makes them much more nutritious by activating enzymes that release nutrients bound up in all seeds. Same reason sprouted grain breads are better for you. Although the lectins in wheat are far more damaging.