Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I dance competitively, and so when I'm going on stage I need to cover up my acne extra good because you have to look flawless on stage!

One of my friends was standing with while I piled on the powder in between numbers.

And I said, "Your so lucky you don't have to wear makeup, its so annoying!"

And she said, "Well, if you think about it, its basically a cause and effect thing. You only have acne because you wear makeup. And its only really bad because you put on so much stuff to cover it up! If you stopped wearing makeup you would stop getting such bad acne. Its pretty simple."

I honestly wanted to smack her that very moment. I was giving her a compliment about her skin, and then she starts trying to be my dermatologist or something.How dare she? She doesn't know a single thing about what causes my acne, and it made me so mad. She was giving me advice? She gets maybe three SMALL pimples a month! Its not even what she said, which was bad enough, it was the way she said it. Like it was completely my fault that I have acne and that I should be ashamed of myself.

I just stood there with the most "not impressed" look on face and said, "You don't know what your talking about. And I was just saying it would be easier for dance if I didn't have to wear makeup!"

What I wished I said was, "Its not that simple actually. You don't know a single thing about what causes acne. Makeup doesn't cause acne. I get special recommendations from my dermatologist for makeup that DOESN'T cause more acne. So maybe shut up if you don't know what our talking about! I mean, look at my brother. His face is even worse than mine, and he doesn't wear makeup does he? Its in our genes you stupid little whiney know-it-all!"

I can't seem to get over what she said and how rude it was, so I thought you guys might be with me and agree with just how mean it was.

hahaha. I love ranting.

Some people are ignorant. You can help your acne. She, unfortunately, can not help the fact that she's an ignorant bitch. Sucks to be her.

Some people are ignorant. You can help your acne. She, unfortunately, can not help the fact that she's an ignorant bitch. Sucks to be her.

atleast she tried.. But she failed. He he

I agree with Bolkonsky. You need to toughen up, being sensitive wont help especially if you suffer from acne. Because this world is full of people who don't give a shit about your feelings and they will say anything to get you out of your way or just get their points across fast as possible. Don't be so sensitive about things, and 'i wish's don't help in these situations...

but I also think you held up well, girls can be annoying :)

Edited by prostik

it's comparable to how people think acne is caused by not washing your face, being unhygienic, etc. People with clear skin just don't really understand how difficult it is to get rid of acne, they think it's a simple fix. I can't count the number of times i've been told "you should try proactive".

It was definitely a rude and uncalled for. There's so much misinformation out there when it comes to acne. I wish there were acne PSA's or something.

If I were in this situation, and depending on how close I was to this person I would have a talk with her. I'd say something like, "Listen, your comment the other day about makeup causing my acne really hurt me. I feel that it was very insensitive of you to assume that you know the cause of my acne. There is not one sincle cause for acne, it is a combination of things. These include genetics and environmental factors, which I don't have much control over. I would really appreciate it if you were more supportive of me and my situation."

If she becomes defensive and attempts to argue with you, she is NOT your friend.

If she listens without interrupting, and procedes to apologize, she is a good friend.