Notifications
Clear all

Panoxyl 10% w/w lotion OMG 😀

MemberMember
(@this_charming_man)

Posted : 03/16/2010 4:02 pm

Hi there!

So I thought id share my recent success story on using 'Panoxyl 10% w/w lotion!

Ok I have suffered from moderate/severe acne for the past 10 years, It has seriously destroyed my self esteem, my life, everything! Like everyone else on here, I have tried every product under the sun, nothing seemed to work, if not make my acne worse :(

Then I came across dans regimen, which i have been following to a certain extent.

I recently brought some 'panoxyl 10% lotion' ... I use this once in the shower in the morning and once in the shower at night ... I then submerge my face in a sink of cold water for a minute or so [panoxyl advice this on the bottle]

I do nothing else in my regimen apart from drink lots of water etc

So for the first 2 weeks or so, I found it did give my skin a burning sensation[this lasted a week until my face got used to it], and made it extremely red/dry/flakey BUT ... i'm on week 3 now and OMG , MY SKIN HASNT BEEN THIS CLEAR IN YEARS!!!! I havent had a fresh spot come up in well over a week, and if one does come up, the panoxyl seems to dry it up in 1 day!

My confidence has been booming lately, i'm so confident and happy, i just wanna tell everyone!

So I know alot use panoxyl BP gel, but ... I used this in the past, and it does nothing in comparision to what the lotion has done to me!

I know everyone uses alot more in the regimen i.e. moisturiser, jojo etc ... but my tip? just use this lotion twice a day, submerge your face in cold water after use and thats it! yeah you'll have a really dry/flakey face without the moisturiser BUT ... I found that within 2 weeks all the dryness pretty much went and left beautiful,radiant clear skin undernieth!

My first proper post, sorry if it was abit lengthy ... but i'd thought id share with you all on how I have had such success with such a simple solution :)

x

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 03/16/2010 4:04 pm

Welcome to Acne.org, this_charming_man! I'm glad you found a treatment that works for you.

For a lot of people, 10% BP would be much too drying and irritating, especially if used without a moisturizer. If this works for you, though, more power to you! You must have very resilient skin! : )

MemberMember
(@this_charming_man)

Posted : 03/16/2010 4:13 pm

Hi there :)

I have read up that 10% can be too harsh and that 2.5% is much better, but I found that I kinda liked the drying out in wierd sort of way, just because i knew it was drying out all the old skin, and leaving behind lovely glowing skin underneith yay!

I'm so happy to have found something that is working for me, I have even had people at work compliment me on how clear my skin is looking, and how I have done it so fast!

I wish everyone the best of luck on their regimens, so they to can feel how great it is both physically and mentally :D

x

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 03/16/2010 4:14 pm

That's excellent! Definitely keep us all updated with your progress! : )

MemberMember
(@this_charming_man)

Posted : 03/16/2010 4:37 pm

Most definetly will :D

I'm so glad I found this site ... A Thankyou to Dan, I would of never discovered BP if it wasnt for here! x

MemberMember
(@thescorps)

Posted : 03/29/2010 2:05 pm

BP i think it rocks, I asked my pharmacist about why should i use lotion instead of gel, and she told me for better absorbtion

MemberMember
(@macbeth)

Posted : 03/30/2010 5:37 am

Panoxyl for me was far too irriatting, even at 2.5 concentration - i think it had too much alcohol in.

MemberMember
(@abj4de)

Posted : 12/05/2014 5:19 pm

Hi ive recently started using panoxyl ive been using it for 5 days now and today it has gone really dry and red like described in most blogs, what do i do? how does it clear up and should i continue to use it as im worried about damaging my skin?