Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arun

My IB is so horrible I can't even go to school

Not just because of how terrible it looks, but the pain is unbearable. I started Accutane to treat cystic Accutane on my nose. I used to have a clear face and a fairly clear nose aside from some lumps on my nose that would never go away. I'm on my second week now and my nose is literally covered in acne, there are clusters of 3 or 4 everywhere and a huge on the the tip. I'm getting acne on my lips now too and my face is just in constant pain, I can't even think straight or bear to look at myself in a mirror. Right now, I regret ever even going on Accutane. I went to see my doctor and he has put me on Fucidin H cream and some oral antibiotic pills, suggesting that this breakout is bacterial. Prior to using Accutane, acne with a 'head' was very very rare and would never last long: my only issue was nodular acne. Now my nose is just covered in white heads.

I don't even know what I should do now and I don't even know if Accutane is right for me.

If you can wait this breakout out until it clears I think you'll have a better idea. I'm glad you saw the doctor though, any side effect that is "significant/severe" like yours should be checked out. I hope it gets better for you soon now that you have the medications.

I've got lumps on my nose that never go away either, very similar to you! I'm currently taking Minocycline, no improvement though. :(