Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
holly22

Chemical peel "wax face" question..

I've noticed that a lot of people who have had chemical peels, have a waxy plastic...fake look to their faces. Do chemical peels always do this? I've seen before and after pics on websites. Some people look good, but some have that wax face look.

I look at celebrities who have had chemical peels and it's the same. It was said that Ray Liotta had chemical peels done..and his skin has that waxy look to it.

Anyways, does anyone know if chemical peels do this to your skin? Idk if anyone else notices this...

I've had some Obagi blue peels and yes, I got that waxy look for a few weeks afterwards, but it wears off as you get new skin cells growing.

That 'waxy' look occurs generally just prior to the exfoliation of the skin. I've got that lovely look going on right now after a self-performed TCA peel. I'm peeling a tad in some spots as well. The look will go away. I go out in public like this without makeup; no one stared in revulsion (that I noticed anyway!)

Ok thanks guys.

And can chemical peels be done only on your problem areas, or do you have to do it to your entire face?