Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
axtine8

How long does AHA+ purge last?

Hi all!

I've been on the Regimen for a little more than a month, so I just started to use Dan's AHA treatment a couple days ago. I had hoped that I would be exempt from the so-called "purge" that seems to happen when people start using AHA, but I should know better than that by now: when it comes to most things skin-related, I have been less than lucky. Oh well...

For anyone who has used/is using the AHA+, how long did you experience breakouts after starting to use it? Should I just keep using it every other day to get the purge over with, or should I back off a bit and use it once or twice a week? (btw I have very resilient skin. I didn't experience any redness with the regimen, only a little dryness.)

Thanks!

Amy

Stick with using the AHA two to three times a week for now (and be sure to use sunscreen any time you'll be exposed to sunlight for at least a week after any AHA use).

The purge shouldn't last long. Maybe a week or two. Don't forget that you're using BP, so that should help clear things up more quickly. ; )

Hey C'est...Its getting really sunny out and i want to start incorporating a sunscreen into my regimen. I'm on Dan's exact regimen. Is it okay to use another spf/moisturizer after i use Dan's moisture? I am going to use the La-Roche posay spf 15/moisturizer, i hear really good things about it. But yea, is that okay to do?

Hey C'est...Its getting really sunny out and i want to start incorporating a sunscreen into my regimen. I'm on Dan's exact regimen. Is it okay to use another spf/moisturizer after i use Dan's moisture? I am going to use the La-Roche posay spf 15/moisturizer, i hear really good things about it. But yea, is that okay to do?

Yep, should be totally fine. : )