Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, I'm Stacey. I'm a 16 year old girl and I've had acne since I was 12. When I was around 13 I started to get bad acne all over my face. However, I have now found an AWESOME regimen I sort of created myself from all the information I found on the Acne.org boards and on other great websites on the internet. I am anywhere from 97% to 100% clear at any given time. So, I promise this stuff works and it can all be found at WALMART! Oh, and it's decently priced!

By the way, not only will this regimen clear your skin, it will make it very soft and will get rid of those annoying red marks from previous breakouts!

Products:

Antibacteral Liquid Hand Soap

Phisoderm Clear Confidence Acne Skin Care Facial Wash-The Salicylic Acid in this product cleanses off dirt and oil, gently exfoliates dead skin cells that help cause acne, and cleans out your pores.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion-This product has Glycolic Acid in it. GA exfoliates your skin and cleans out your pores. I have found it to be awesome in treating existing acne and preventing new acne. This product is also great for fading redmarks! A must have!!! smile.gif I DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING THE SPF VERISON OF THIS PRODUCT. IT DOES NOT SEEM TO WORK AS WELL AND LEAVES A FILM ON YOUR SKIN WHEN YOU WASH IT OFF! BUY THE ORIGINAL FORMULA FOR BEST RESULTS!!

Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil-Controlling Astringent-This product contains Salicylic Acid and Witch Hazel. Salicylic Acid clears acne & Witch hazel gets the last traces of makeup and dirt of your face and also helps to fade redmarks.

Zapzyt 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Gel- This is Benzoyl Peroxide. It kills the P-Acnes that cause acne. Even though this is 10%, it is not at all drying, in fact when you wash this off in the morning because it has a water base, it actually feels like it has somewhat of a moisturizing property. But best of all it is EXTREMELY effective with this regimen in treating and preventing acne. Clean and Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer-This product contains Salicylic Acid.

*I recommend only doing the regimen at night before bed, but it can be done twice a day.*

**IMPORTANT: This regimen should be exercised daily for best results.**

NOTE: To keep your skin beautiful and balanced you will be alternating the nights you use the BP gel. For example: On Mondays you will use the BP gel. On Tuesdays you will use the Moisturizer, and so on.

The Regimen:

Step One: Wash your hands throughly for atleast 30 seconds with the Antibacteral Liquid Hand Soap. This keeps you from transferring bacteria from your hands to your face. A HUGE NO NO! By the way, TRY NOT TO TOUCH YOUR FACE! It's one of the worst ways to make your acne worse and you don't even know your doing it. Just don't make touching your face a habit!!

*TIP: I know this sounds werid, lol, but sing the ABC song when you wash your hands! It lasts for about 30 seconds!

Step Two: Rinse your face with water and lightly scrub your face with a terry cloth wash rag. Now, Pump the Phisoderm Facial wash about 2-3 times in the palm of your hand. Evenly spread the wash over your entire face and begin rubbing it in in circular motions for about 30 seconds. Now let the facial wash sit on your face for 10 minutes. If your in a rush you can let it sit on your face for as little as 5 minutes, but 10 minutes seems to always be more effective. After the 10 minutes are up, rinse all of the facial wash off and pat dry.

Step Three: Pump the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion into the palm of your hand about 4 or 5 times. Evenly spread it over your face, and begin rubbing it in for about 30 seconds. Let it sit for 10 minutes, or again if your in a rush for as little as 5 minutes, but 10 is preferred. After the 10 minutes are up rinse the lotion off your face and pat dry. ***You may experience some tingling or redness, this is only temporary and well worth the results you will get from this product!! So hold out for the entire 10 mintues, no matter what!!! biggrin.gif**

Step Four: Apply the Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil-Controlling Astringent to a cotton ball or pad, apply evenly to your entire face. Put the ZapZyt Gel in the freezer for 10 minutes.

***Step Five: Squeeze out the Zapzyt gel onto your pointer and half-way up your middle finger in a solid line. Apply this to your face evenly and rub it in gently. Wait atleast 5 minutes or until your face is dry to the touch before going to bed or doing any activites that may rub your face.

***ALTERNATE Step Five: Apply the Clean and Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer according to the instructions on the bottle.

Hope this helps you out!!! :dance: Leave a reply if your going to try the regimen or if you have any questions.

Lots-of-love,

¤ Stacey ¤

How so?

1. The Phisoderm Facial wash contains SA to clear out your pores. Which is the only way to get BP into your pores to work to it's full potential.

2. The Neutrogena Lotion has GA it also exfoliates your skin and reduces the appearance of red marks.

3. The Neutrogena Astrigent controls oil, which in a way you need because the first two products are not at all drying, and it also removes the last traces of any residue that may be on your face. It also contains Witch Hazel that helps reduce the appearance of red marks.

4. And then you use the BP Gel which kills the P. Acnes bacteria that cause acne.

*4. And on the alternate night you use the Moisturizer.

So really it's only 4 products a night!!

Oh yea, and everybody that wants a basic understanding of SA, GA, and BP watch the Proactiv infomercials! But don't buy the stuff way to expensive, it isn't as effective as this regimen, Oh and the bottles are NOT as big as they appear on T.V.!!! Just to warn ya! lol.gif Also check out the Acne Cure by Terry J. Dubrow!!

I think your regimen sounds really good, sort of your take on what they use in Proactiv except you've added salicylic acid in. I like it. If Proactiv stops working for me I'd be interested in trying yours, though unfortunately I probably can't get some of those products in Australia.

This regimen doesnt sound bad. But i doubt that you had moderate acne. It might do the trick for light acne.

It reminds me of another regimen by a doctor:

-first wash with salicyl acid

-then apply GA

-then apply BP

I'm curious though: what concentrations of SA and GA do you use??? I think this is very important, but you don't mention it. I use lysanel gel, which contains some salicyl acid(.2%), glycolic acid (2%), lactic acid (2%), zinc-sulfate,....

After that i sometimes apply apple cider vinegar (5% acidity) which contains alphy hydroxy acids (AHA).

Instead of BP i use tea tree oil.

Hey, Just to let you guys know I did have moderate acne. It was so bad at one time that the derm I went to said it would almost classify as moderate/severe. So, this regimen will work for mild & moderate acne patients and it probaly wouldn't hurt for a severe acne patient to try it.

Phisoderm SA is 2%

Neutrogena Healthy Skin is 8% GA

Neutrogena Astringent is 2% SA

Zapzyt BP gel is 10%

and the Clean and Clear Dual-Action Moisturizer is 0.5% SA

Hope that helped ya out! :smile:

Not to sound contridicting but maybe your clear now cause you grew out of acne? If your worst was when you were 13 and now your 16, you might be done. Also you have two products with SA, that is really harsh on your skin. Before I got educated, my 1st year in the dorms I was using all these SA products at once, horrible idea, it hurts your skin so bad. It also sounds like it takes 40 minutes to wash your face. But hey if it works for you.

No, I don't think I've grown out of my acne because I've been using this regimen since last september and last september I had horrible acne. Now, I have clear skin. The SA is not harmful to your skin. Maybe it was the products you were using. These products work great together. I remember using a product by Neutrogena called something like Multivitamin Acne Face Lotion. It was HORRIBLE on my skin. It made my face red, burned, and dried my skin!! These products have cleared my skin and evened out my skin tone.

The only thing I know to say is just try it. biggrin.gif

Oh yea.. P.S. :smile: lol... If you don't like using a Astrignent with SA then use a toner without it. Very simple fix if you think that this regimen has too much SA for you. It's all about making the regimen work for YOU! But to let everyone know I did see a signficant difference in my acne when I stopped using the astrigent. So it does work guys!

That is way too many products for people with even normal skin. I think you should be very careful before posting a regimen on here with no actual scientific knowledge. I am in pharmacy school and can ALMOST say 100% that SA does NOT CLEAN OUT YOUR PORES. It creates a highly acidic environment which is NOT condusive to the formation/incubation of P.Acnes bacteria. It also promotes skin shedding and should NOT be used in combination with Glycolic Acid. It would be way to acidy on your skin. May work for a rare few, but this future pharmacist gives it TWO HUMBS DOWN. I am however working on a new concoction that may be very promising and very gentle using BP as the root ingredient. I will keep you posted .

That's odd you're the first person I've ever heard to say SA does not clean out pores? So, all the products and doctors are lieing? Shame on them..

Actually, SA does clean out the pores...it's oil soluble and unlike glycolic which is simply an exfoliant and can't get through the oil, SA can and so can work the stuff OUT of your pores because it can penetrate the oil.....and there are regimens in which both acids are used at the same time...I think proactiv has SA products that can be used with their glycolic acid toner (a 6% concentration)....but it would probably be gentler on your skin to alternate or just use the SA/maybe drop one of the SA products since you've got three of them, anyway if your regimen is working for you and you have no irritation then go for it...plenty of products out there for acne that are way more irritating..

Cutie, you dont have to answer to anybody. If you had moderate/sever acne at one time and your regimen worked for you i belive you. I to at one time had horrible acne, I broke out on all parts of my face and the acne pretty much took over my face. After being on a regimen for some time it got it under control so I know what your talking about. Alot of these people are just frustrated they cant do the same.

Yes, that is true. But you need an oil-soluble product like SA to break down the oil and dirt in the pores. Then you use the GA to exfoliate and clean out your pores. smile.gif

A PM I got from an Acne.org member. I will keep the member's name confidential.

I'm having problems PMing people for some reason and I just wanted to make sure I answered this member's questions. biggrin.gif

Member asked:

hi cutie

may i ask if you are caucasian or asian?

maybe the regimen that you posted only works for caucasian but not asian people?

also which cleanser did you use before you start using the phisoderm?

how long did it take you to be clear with your regimen?

one more question, does your acne give you any red marks or scars?

thank you.

My answer:

hey, sorry I couldn't respond to your PM. Acne.org kept giving me an error.

I am caucasian. I don't know of any reason why the regimen would only work for caucasians. It fights the two major causes of acne: dead skin and the P. Acnes bacteria. When you get rid of the dead skin and kill the P. Acnes, no matter what race you are, you're going to be clear. Simple as that. smile.gif

I've used many cleansers before I used Phisoderm. A few I can recall are: Clearasil 3 in 1(didn't seem to make my skin worse or better/like washing with water), Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash (dries and burns your face out badly, HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND!), and Aveeno Clear Complexion(good cleanser, but didn't come close to clearing my face like Phisoderm). In about 2 months I was clear of old acne and had no new active acne. I did have redmarks however, but I noticed they too were begining to fade and have now(a year or so later) completely faded and my skin is still completely clear.

Hope I helped you out!

-Stacey wink.gif

The Neutrogena ealthy Skin face Lotion is meant to STAY on your face, not to be washed off. It is a type of moiturizer lotion that is supposed to be worn throughout the day or at night, not as a cleanser-type thing. If you are washing it off after 10 minutes, it isn't doing anything at all.

Hmm...I went and picked up some of the Phisoderm stuff. Whats odd, though, is that its ingredients are different than what is listed on the drugstore.com website. But the bottles definately look exactly the same. On drugstore.com, lactic acid is listed as an ingredient, but on mine, it's not. It just has SA 2%. In fact the entire inactive ingredients list is different than on the website. It has a lot of the same stuff, but theres changes and it's in a different order. Hrm. I was liking the idea of that LA too wink.gif

Ah well, shall see how it goes.

--J

I was asked about the regimen again. Just bumping the thread for that person & anyone else that would like to try it. smile.gif

teepot, the reason I wash off the Healthy Skin lotion is so I can apply the SA toner and the BP cream. If you left the Healthy Skin lotion on I feel that it may cause irritation to your skin. Nobody wants that, so I experimented with different time intervals to find out which one seemed to be the most effective in the shortest amount of time and I liked 10 minutes the best.

-Stacey