Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amocksun

I just want to cry right now, I'm so fed up.

I don't know if this is the best place to post this- I need overall advice for a plan of action. If someone knows a better place, please let me know.

I've had acne since I was about 10, I'm 24 now. I've always dealt with it, but I'm getting married in May and I feel like it's some sick joke that I can't be pretty on my wedding day.

I've never had insurance really until recently, and went to a derm for the second time on Friday. I'd waited 8 months for the appt. He said "we can't get you perfect in 2 months, that takes about 4 months". I'd made the appt 8 months before, and had just waited 3 hours alone in his room.

Anyway, I'm currently using Tazorac cream at night, Duac gel in morning. My face seems better than it was 6 months ago, but I'm not sure. I did the BP regimen before that. My face had started breaking out REALLY bad about 3 years ago, after I stopped taking Ortho-Lo birth control. I don't know if it's related.

I want to start the birth control again, because my skin was pretty clear with it. But then again, I feel like stopping it caused the bad break outs to begin with.

The Dr. wants me to start Tetracycline, which never worked before. I don't like the idea of taking meds for a while. He also wants me to stop Tazorac and Duac and use Retin-A and Epiduo.

I'm so confused, and don't know where to turn. Every person you talk to, every Dr., has a different opinion, which is usually like "you can try this, but you're probably just screwed. Have fun being scarred".

I though Tazorac and Duac were the best I could do- the other derm I saw was younger and that's what she gave me. Is Retin-A better? And if I start taking it, will my face still be red and flaky on May 22nd?

Is it not dangerous to take Tetracycline so many times?

I really want to do a chemical peel or microdermabrasion for scarring, but my 70 year old, male derm just shrugged me off. When I pushed it, he said he didn't want to put my skin through that much. Could I do it before I start Retin- A?

I have so many questions and feel hopeless right now.

I don't know if this is the best place to post this- I need overall advice for a plan of action. If someone knows a better place, please let me know.

I've had acne since I was about 10, I'm 24 now. I've always dealt with it, but I'm getting married in May and I feel like it's some sick joke that I can't be pretty on my wedding day.

I've never had insurance really until recently, and went to a derm for the second time on Friday. I'd waited 8 months for the appt. He said "we can't get you perfect in 2 months, that takes about 4 months". I'd made the appt 8 months before, and had just waited 3 hours alone in his room.

Anyway, I'm currently using Tazorac cream at night, Duac gel in morning. My face seems better than it was 6 months ago, but I'm not sure. I did the BP regimen before that. My face had started breaking out REALLY bad about 3 years ago, after I stopped taking Ortho-Lo birth control. I don't know if it's related.

I want to start the birth control again, because my skin was pretty clear with it. But then again, I feel like stopping it caused the bad break outs to begin with.

The Dr. wants me to start Tetracycline, which never worked before. I don't like the idea of taking meds for a while. He also wants me to stop Tazorac and Duac and use Retin-A and Epiduo.

I'm so confused, and don't know where to turn. Every person you talk to, every Dr., has a different opinion, which is usually like "you can try this, but you're probably just screwed. Have fun being scarred".

I though Tazorac and Duac were the best I could do- the other derm I saw was younger and that's what she gave me. Is Retin-A better? And if I start taking it, will my face still be red and flaky on May 22nd?

I really want to do a chemical peel or microdermabrasion for scarring, but my 70 year old, male derm just shrugged me off. When I pushed it, he said he didn't want to put my skin through that much. Could I do it before I start Retin- A?

birth control???for acne????i thought u r not married then y birth control?

[/font]

LOL! Because I have sex...But besides that, it's not uncommon to take BC for acne.

Edited by amocksun

[/font]

LOL! Because I have sex...But besides that, it's not uncommon to take BC for acne.

hahaha ok....then try any other protection...maybe its the birth control pills...