Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brazilianJJ

does oil come and go while on accutane?

I felt like my skin was becoming really dry, and lately its becoming more oily, like my nose sweats when i eat something hot or my forehead sweats after i do a lil workout.

I hate how my acne was improving and now i'm getting these new pimples and stuff, I thought i was passed this initial breakout thing.

I'm on about day 47 already too.

You will still get occasional breakouts on accutane for the first few months. I only stopped breaking out all together after 2 or 3 months.

I've been on it now (my third run) for over 30 days and I still pimples here and there.

So don't worry about it too much, it'll clear up eventually.

I know how you feel mate. Luckily it's only a few more months for you of waiting, and not a few more years (that's assuming you don't relapse of course...)

also don't confuse sweating with oil production. You're still going to sweat when you excercise. I am in month three and still having an occasional breakout, but already 100 times better.

I'm about 60 days in now and I thought my skin was done breaking out, until I broke out last week lol. Pretty sure it's my fault though since my diet was pretty bad last week and I did stupid things like not shower after working out, stopped using BP soap, etc.

So yeah seems like it takes more than 2 months for your skin to stop breaking out. The plus is my face hasn't broken out at all since taking accutane.