Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
annabells

Redness, dry skin and blackheads

Hi, everyone.

My name is Annabelle. I am a 19-year-old girl, and I live up North, where the sun shines only for about 10% of the time. This means I have extremely pale skin, which makes my problem even worse.

I started battling against acne when it appeared around when I was 13 or 14 years old. Due to my bad genes (my mom and dad still have acne, and suffered from it greatly when they were my age), it was absolutely horrible! But with medicine and a great regimen, I got rid of it, mostly.

Now my long struggle is almost over. I still have minor blackheads on and around my nose, which really doesn't bother me that much. But my main concern is the redness of my face. I have vast red areas where the acne used to be. They aren't always red, but still stand out with the contrast of my pale skin. I really don't know what causes the inflammation of my skin, but in the mornings my skin is almost fully the colour it should be, but during the day I have to look into the mirror terrified because my skin almost glows!

Why did I start a new topic instead of reading previous ones? I have ridiculously sensitive skin! And I mean that. I had to look for a suitable cleanser for a long time and a moisturiser moist enough to sooth the burning sensation. Now and then my skin dries of because of the weather and I have to leave the cleanser alone and use excess amounts of moisturiser.

What should I do?

I have tried mixing lemon juice with water (that was supposed to make the red areas lighter), but it didn't work at all. I also wiped my face with chopped potatoes, but I just felt really stupid. :D

Thanks already! I'm new to the site and I hope I will enjoy my time here in this magnificent community.

-Bells

Hi

Maybe you could try applying ground oatmeal with water..I have read about people with rosacea benefitting from it perhaps you could read up on it.I read the reviews on makeupalley.com