Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bee4

Pics of my scars. About to embark on Fraxel Treatments

Please help tell me how bad my scars are and what type they are? I get very confused about how bad my skin looks because people keep telling me they can't see my scars. I'm sure they're lying.

I couldn't really get the shadow right on these scars, but believe me, when the light falls on them in the right way I can see pits and shadows.

I'm about to embark upon some Fraxel sessions to help get rid of these scars. I had 5 sessions about 3 years ago but I'm sure the results have gradually worn off, plus I have new scars caused by newer acne.

I currently use 9% hydrogen peroxide on my face as a toner, which I think has got my acne under control, but also probably contributes to the white marks you can see on my face.

Thank you

Bee

post-87299-1268685116_thumb.jpg

post-87299-1268685116_thumb.jpg

Honestly I can make out any scars, if there are then they so mild that you notice them way more than anyone else.

I can't believe that someone would suggest fraxel for them.

Edited by goodlife

Below is excerpt from email from Doc where I had Fraxel treatments some time back. I read on his website that he had the Fraxel Repair, so I enquired about Repair vs. Fraxel Restore. Restore helped me, but not as much as I wanted, but 6 of the 8 were performed by the first generation machine. Hope this is helpful. given the below and the fact that your scarring is mild, I would definitely not take a risk with Repair, but Restore is very safe, based on my personal experience.

"We've stopped using the repair since we've had some scarring with it and results of a single treatment have not been very impressive. Multiple treatments probably are better, but they are prohibitively expensive. For single treatments we use our Sciton Profile, more effective & less risk. We've never seen scarring with this laser. I can't tell you how a single treatment with the Sciton compares to a series of treatments with the Restore, but the Restore is slower and safer."

Thank you for saying that you can't see any scars but I'm not here to be made to feel better. Honestly, tell me, I can take it!

here's another photo:-

post-87299-1268725052_thumb.jpg

post-87299-1268725052_thumb.jpg

Like yours, you can't really see my scars in the picture but it’s definitely noticeable.

I would say your scars are shallow! It is confusing but I think its a mixture of scarred pores and ice pick scarring.

Can you see the holes when you stretch your skin?

Edited by Taurus_girl

Yes, I can see some holes when I stretch the skin. I also see pits in my face when the light shines on it...especially in my rear view mirror in the car - that's the worst place in the world!

Yes, I can see some holes when I stretch the skin. I also see pits in my face when the light shines on it...especially in my rear view mirror in the car - that's the worst place in the world!

I HATE the car mirror.

Your scars do sound just like mine. If I'm facing the light while looking in to a mirror, my scars are noticeable but not too bad, but when I look at them from the side, it just looks awful!! Recently, the scarred pores/ icepick scars looks worse when I smile, I have lines/wrinkles all over my cheeks and I'm only 27!!

I'm going to see a dermatologist in a couple of hours, so hopefully I will have a better idea of what I'm dealing with. After reading the reviews on here, I'm not keen on fraxel. I'm hoping subsicion will work for me, but the doctor may just think that my scars are too shallow for that. Plus, I'm not sure idf they would work on icepicks/scarred pores.

I have been needling and dermarolling, but I am very dissapointed in my results. I'm not sure if there have been any improvements, I didn't take any pictures before I started but if there has been it isn't significant :confused:

Wow looking at your skin reminds me of my skin. I think we have very very similar skin. It seems like our biggest problem is our overall skin texture not really the scarring. Although, there are certain lighting conditions that make me cringe. Your scarring seems mild too me but I totally relate to you. You can check out my photos in the gallery if you are curious. Now maybe I am totally wrong and your skin is far better then mine.

Wow looking at your skin reminds me of my skin. I think we have very very similar skin. It seems like our biggest problem is our overall skin texture not really the scarring. Although, there are certain lighting conditions that make me cringe. Your scarring seems mild too me but I totally relate to you. You can check out my photos in the gallery if you are curious. Now maybe I am totally wrong and your skin is far better then mine.

Hi, I just looked in your gallery. Did subsicion help with your scarring?

I agree Jackiey, our skin is remarkably similar! We both have some pigmentation marks, some white marks where the pigment is missing and a few scars!

I am glad that you agree because this is what i have learned. Hardly anyone in person notices and if they do they will tell you it's mild. Really try not to focus on your small flaws.

Don't let it consume you because you will begin to highlight every flaw causing you to become paranoid.