Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just want to say that i am so happy that i decided to try Dans regimen! i have been on it for about 2 1/2 weeks and i am alomst 100% clear! the tiny flesh colored bumps that i have had for months finally clearing up and they have been the hardest to get rid of. plus dans aha (and plenty of moisterizer) is working wonders for the horrible and HUGE dark and red marks left over... i have tryed alomst everything and the regimen is by far the best thing i have ever tryed!! my face is not perfect but i have high hopes that once the marks left over have faded (which are fading more rapidly than they ever have while on the regimen) i will be close to it and actualy be able to leave the house without makeup and be able to look in the mirror without wanting to cry!!!

thank you so much dan i cant thank you enough! :)

I'm glad to hear that The Regimen's going well for you so far. : )

Regarding the AHA, though, this is from the FAQs:

Q: Is there anything special I should know about using AHA?

A: If you are new to the Regimen, we do not recommend starting out by including the AHA+ lotion. Give yourself at least three weeks or so to let your skin get accustomed to the benzoyl peroxide before you consider adding in the AHA+ lotion.If you have super sensitive skin, try only a small dab of it under the jaw line for a few days to make sure your skin reacts to it well. When you are ready, start out by using a small amount once daily, or every other day, for the first week or two so you can see how your skin is going to react to it. Then you may increase the amount and frequency as you see fit. Next, Alpha Hydroxy Acids can make the skin more sensitive to the sun, so it is important for you to use a sunscreen each day while using an AHA. This is no joke. My skin is definitely more sensitive to the sun after using AHA for a few days. Prevent burning by using a moisturizer that has SPF in it or a separate sunscreen. I recommend Olay Complete for Sensitive Skin plus a few drops of jojoba oil as the best SPF sunscreen. Lastly, be sure that no other products you are using have any AHA in them. This will most commonly be listed on the ingredient label as glycolic acid or lactic acid.

Well surprisingly for me the regimen is working. I've been on the regimen for about a month, and at first I did not use a cleanser, I just used lukewarm water and added the moisturizer 2 weeks into the regimen. But so far it has really been helping me and my skin feels so soft right now, but when I pinch my cheeks I feel a lot of cysts or bumps under my skin. I also have a lot of hyperpigmentation. After this batch of BP runs out I'm thinking about adding AHA to my regimen, but we'll see. For the past week I've been using pads as cleanser, but its really drying up my face so I might quit that. I started with the full amount of BP since my skin was used to BP 10% with no moisturizer. XD