Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Helios

Guys also need Roaccutane - Helios and Jizan merged log

I think this is so cool that you guys have a joint log. It's interesting to see how it's affecting you differently and the same since you started on the same day.

*makes a note not to change deodorant brand* :lol:

I'm still trying to stop picking too. It's a hard habit to break! Especially when you skin is all dried out.

Anyhow, good luck to both of you! :)

Oh, be careful. My rash is now 99% gone, but now I am scared to use deo again. I need deo, really, otherwise I sweat (surprise, surprise), but what if I get some kind of skin reaction again? :ninja:

I'm using a roll on deodorant now ("Nivea cool kick for men"), doesn't contain alcohol so my skin is fine with it, you could try that instead!

@klick - thanks for replying! I hope your post accutane period is going well. Your advice is always welcome :)

@blueasyou - great username, btw :) I just posted on your log. I hope your skin clears up quickly. I haven't had a initial breakout (yet) and accutane seems to be doing wonders already. Hopefully, it will be the same way for you. Good luck!

I decided to give my other deodorant a second try. Stupid idea, same thing happened SO ITCHY!

He won't be complaining when he has the softest lips ever. :lol: Seriously, my girlfriend's lips have gotten so soft since I started accutane. Haha.

I'm glad the accutane is still doing wonders for you. :)

Hey, guys, checking in. Seems like you're both doing well with the treatment. Sloooowly, but surely!

Hey! Sorry that I haven't posted for ages. I've been VERY busy revising for my exams. But now I am done. Yay! *does happy dance* I had just two exams this year; I am quite sure I did well in the first one and .. alright (I hope) in the other. I guess I will find out within a month or smth when the results will be published.

Yeah, so I had basically forgotten about my acne. Firstly, because I was really busy. And secondly.. because I had none! *time for another happy dance* :P

Really, nothing significant happened during the exams. Or maybe I just didn't notice anything :P

However, just two days ago I got this sort-of breakout. Well, it's not a proper breakout, more like having mild acne after not having any at all. Also, I noticed dry skin on my upper arms.

Day 57

Skinometer:

Lips: Dry, easy to manage.

Facial Skin: Non-oily, fragile

Acne (face): Mild, some clogged pores or something

Redness: Mild (has never went away, really)

Dryness: None

Back: dry-ish, mild acne still there :angry:

I actually have no idea how Jason is doing, but I am guessing he's fine, otherwise, we could read about it here ;)

Oh, another thing, accutane hasn't improved my "shoulder bag tolerance". Let me explain - it used to be that I couldn't carry shoulder bags, backpacks or pretty much everything that rubs against my shoulders or back. I would get bad breakouts exactly where my shoulder bag had been. Needless to say, I hate it. And now it is sort of better, however, shoulder bags are still a no-no :P I hope accutane will fix this soon.

Anyway, hope you all are doing well and I will try to (slowly) catch up on your progress!

Hey guys, I'm on day 6 myself. One good thing I found for the lips is lypsyl. It's not all shiny, so it doesn't look like you put on some of your girl's gloss.

I bought lypsyl two days ago and it seems quite good apart from the medicated smell. However, it leaves white residue. Or maybe I am overusing it, idk. Anyway, having white stuff on lips makes me look like a fool. And I really don't like that ;)

Hey! Glad to hear your doing well and the accutane is working!

I've got my exams coming up soon now so havent been on here for a while...

I noticed my arms are getting quite dry too, especially along my elbows!

Anyways, congrats man keep on going

Day 72!

Skinometer:

Lips: Dry, easy to manage.

Facial Skin: Combination. Flaking, especially around mouth. Impetigo on ears

Acne (face): A few cysts.. broke out a few weeks ago

Redness: Mild (has never went away, really)

Dryness: feet, face.

Back: mildly dry skin. Nothing to report

Wow, It's been forever. I sincerely apologize for my lack in updating the log. It is a merged log, so I have to make my contribution, right ?

My accutane treatment is actually going great. Last month wasn't much fun, I had a unnerving breakout and was very stressed at work (still am, but not as much), and I've always found stress to be a factor in my acne condition.

I saw my dermatologist and he said my skin was very fragile. I've been having small red dry spots come up on my arms and face. They look like Excema. He prescribed Bactroban to ease the redness. It's a thick ointment, so it stays on.

He also said I'll be doing a 5 month treatment at 60mg. That means I'm almost halfway there! It's a good feeling to have done 72 days. It's a motivation factor, I'm sure Helios will agree.

PRODUCTS:

Products, products, products. The main reason why I'm happy, is that I've found the products that work for me. I don't think there is a magical ointment to cure all ailments, but I think that if each one of you look around the pharmacy and ask for professionnal counsel from pharmacists, you'll find that THEY know what's best.

Cetaphil is definately a life-saver. Non-comedogenic, not too greasy, long-lasting, and cheap, it works for my skin. For my lips, I switch between medicated lipsyl or Ceralip from La Roche-Posay. Respectively 3 and 15 dollars, they both work and I find them ideal for my skin. When my lips are too sensitive, I use Ceralip. It's easier on the lips. The Lipsyl ointment I find stings my lips when they are too cracked and dry.

I was glad to hear things are well with you Helios.

Take care everyone.. I promise: next update will be soon :)

Cheers!

Jason