Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JackTheRed

What can I do about these scars?

Not as bad as they were last year, but still kinda stand out especially since I have a dark complexion...but I want to try n get rid of most of it so my face will look clean for at least one high school year :wink: I'm looking for a inexpensive yet effective way to treat this (I don't think chemical peels will work for me since when something heals on my face its usually more bright and pink than my usual skin color, and it takes a while for it to return to the 'default' complexion)

If you guys could give me any advice at all it's very much appreciated smile.gif

I've also got small (yet quite visible from bout 2-3 feet away) forehead lines and I don't think that's a good thing since I'm 17 y/o. Any treatment for that? Altho that's not really a scar I think its b/c of all the skin creams and stuff I've tried on my face before :blink: The only productive treatment i've done is bout 4 months of benzoyl peroxide+monocycline(sp) and that helped quite a bit I think altho not with my scars. I get less/smaller/less annoying pimples now basically.

Fixed Pics (Click here)

Your pics are too blurry for me to make out what type of scars they are. Take the picture from farther away - looks like your camera doesn't do macro.

believe me i've considered the possibilty hehe. But by trying things I meant temporary stuff like creams, proactive etc. Makeup would probably go under that (if I had tried it in the first place, that is :shifty:) I just want to know a more permanent solution to get rid of my scars faster, i've had these for like 3 yrs.

hey what's wrong with a guy wearing makeup. well, unless it is a different tone from his skin.

anyway, your skin ain't bad at all... the only prescription cream (that've tried) and that has worked for me was retin A and this other non-bacterial one which i forgot its name.

I don't really see any major indentations on your skin. Maybe you are just referring to redmarks? It looks like you may still have a bit of acne so I'd treat that first before going forward with any scar treatments.

oh it's kind of hard to tell because of the flash I used there. What I meant is I have this chain of dark spots on my face (especially left cheek) where it's very visible from a distance. It's basically like partly healed wounds, but the skin at that part is left really dark and another layer has healed over it (it feels smooth, but the inside is obviously quite dark) been there for quite a while....so basically dark spots under the outer layer(s) of my skin)

Oh, I see - hyperpigmentation.... There's a lot of suggestions on what to do about that in the Frequently Asked Questions thread at the top of the page. Check them out and if you have any questions post them here. smile.gif

hi jack,

i have red marks and some dark (purplish) ones too. my derm prescribed me hydroquinone 4% and retin a .025% for them. he told me the hydro actually works better for darker spots, more than red ones. at night i put the hydro on 1st, wait 15 min, then the retin a on top of that. i am already seeing results, lots of the marks look fainter. fingers crossed :pray: , i hope it keeps working.

i've also read some peels, maybe lactic or tca are good for hyperpigmentation too.

good luck