Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jimhouse

Just did my first roll!

Roller used: Dr. Roller 1.5mm 3 line

Seemed to go as planned, I didn't cover all areas of my scarring but I will do the rest next week.

Didn't get heaps of blood.

Didn't use emla cream, wasn't to painful, did I not use enough pressure?

Since I have mainly icepick scarring, which are the areas I concentrated on today, it felt as if I were not targeting the scars properly. Only a couple of them bled and the rest looked untouched. I thought went at it firmly enough but I am not sure.

Alot of areas did get hit where there was no scarring so im hoping this is not a big deal. I have applied CP serum + emu oil.

I have rolling/box scars on my other cheek which I will be targeting next week so they should hopefully be easier to target.

I showered and now my face looks not to scratched up. I did some self needling also on some of the scars that were to isolated from the rest. The 3line roller was much bigger then I first thought when purchasing it.

Any advice/tips/input you have out there would be much appreciated.

i don't roll, just target certain scars (some ice picks and chicken pox) with lancets. if you look at your icepicks and pull the skin tight, can you see that the skin immediately surrounding the pit looks slightly lighter and plump than the rest of your skin? you need to needle this scar tissue as well. it should change the shape of the scar and make it wider but shallower because it is not being bound down so tightly. try it on one scar and see what result you get first. hope this helps!

Thanks guys!

Yes I have been individually needling scars for awhile now kate with some success. I have 'groups' of icepick scarring and rolling scars on my face so I thought rolling would be more effective for these areas. How much improvement have you had on scars?

Like you said, some of my scars have approximately halved in depth but have gotten wider in the process. This is where I believe the dermaroller comes into play, it helps hit as much of the scar as you can.

its hard to judge % improvement. my skin is looking better,

paticularily in the past month or so. i've been tweaking

my routine a little. i added "heat/warmth therapy" to my

face daily. a biochemist suggested this on another site.

i put a warm "mask" on my face for about 8 minutes a day.

not too hot. Also been ultrasounding 3x week certain topicals

i like. Still do led"s too. For me this is paying off with

accelerated healing/scar reduction (along with rolling). From

where i started, im really happy with my improvement.

Very good to hear! I am still looking into leds but am yet to purchase any due to the costs. Did you go with the 3 in 1 type device? I saw it comes in red/blue/yellow. Also did the leds actually make a difference? I mean did you tart using them halfway through your treatments and realise extra improvement or did you use them from the start?

same here I just work on the areas that have scars.

I combined dermastamp and dermaroller and apply Vitamin C&A morning and evening. So far I am happy with the result. You need to let your skin build up collagen.

Very good to hear! I am still looking into leds but am yet to purchase any due to the costs. Did you go with the 3 in 1 type device? I saw it comes in red/blue/yellow. Also did the leds actually make a difference? I mean did you tart using them halfway through your treatments and realise extra improvement or did you use them from the start?

one of the unfortunate things about doing so many different things, ie..... rolling, topicals,

ultrasound, heat/warmth, led's......... is pinpointing which one is the most effective

tool. for each of us its almost by "feel" or "observation". it perhaps sounds "corney", but

for me i feel its the synergestic effect of all. i have a red/infared "combo" and a

separate "amber" panel (they are pretty small). i definately have "clicked" on a

good routine for me that's working.

i agree it is difficult to gauge a percentage of improvement. i've only been needling off/on for a year now. when i pull my skin tight right now the deepest scars from a year ago are very close to skin level.

I believe the led lights are next on my list to buy. But for now, lets hope the roller can kick start progress for the next 6 months. By the time I need a new roller I will most likely be able to afford them. Thats some good improvement on icepick scarring kate! Do you use any led's/topicals?

I'm not looking for 100% improvement but i'd love to go close. I'm hoping many of my shallower rolling scars can be eliminated first because they give me a noticeable bad skin complexion. The many icepicks are only noticable closer up.

i don't have any lights. only using vitamin a. sounds like you have the right attitude about this jim. expect improvement, not perfection!

Wow great to hear Kate! Hopefully I will get some improvement without the led's. Good luck with future needling/rolling guys and I'll keep use updated!

quick update just to mention changing of scar shape. i have noticed on mine that they are slightly changing from a very define elliptical shape to a looser circular shape.

quick update just to mention changing of scar shape. i have noticed on mine that they are slightly changing from a very define elliptical shape to a looser circular shape.

This makes them less noticable doesnt it?

I think I have had that with a couple of my scars also but not all of them so far.

Just did my second roll yesterday, face looks awful at the moment. Just wondering if it's possible to roll to many times? My face is very scabbed up compare to my first roll. I also noticed a small icepick scar on my right cheek after rolling which I'm confident wasnt there beforehand. I used the roller as a stamp on all my areas of scarring as well as some minor rolling but my scars are in little patches which makes this hard. Is this more likely to cause scarring? It's all scabbed over at the moment but I will find out soon enough if it fills back in. I also think I got a new scar from my first roll on my right cheek which I noticed about 2 weeks after rolling. Anyone had the same issues? Am I doing something wrong? I think my skin is 1000 times more scar prone since using BP.

yep, i believe BP weakens the skin

R U taking any supps at the moment ?

taking vit c orally, zinc etc???

using any good topical creams for the post rolling?

one other thing, i forgot to mention

this beautician/cosmetician, knows des fernandez and has attended his training courses on this stuff.

she said the reason some people (who do this for homeuse) are gettng 'trackmarks' on their face from rolling is they r going way too aggressive on the skin.

Yeah I havent used BP for a good 3+ months though. I am taking vit c orally at the moment but that is all. Im not sure I should be getting track marks on my skin though if im not rolling as such. In the area I think I noticed a new scar/tear in the skin I only stamped my roller. Perhaps I am rolling to harshly but most people on here have said that is the way to go. I guess i'll just wait until i've healed and if there are more scars i'll roll more lightly next time or perhaps never roll again. Individual needling would be the only thing that would definately not cause new scars.

i would be careful of using a dermaroller as a stamp

the dermaroller could slip and tear at your skin

why not just order a dermastamp instead?

i ordered mine from novaclinic - the novadermastamp

perhaps this is what is happening although Im pretty sure I used it like a normal roller in the area where the 1st scar appeared. I think I might just look into a stamp how much did you pay for it? I have a feeling a stamp will cover to much area of my face as I have small patches of scarring.

the stamp is small and targetted more for isolated scars

i ordered the dermastamp through nova clinic that looked the best to me, but its only 0.8mm

the stamp is small and targetted more for isolated scars

i ordered the dermastamp through nova clinic that looked the best to me, but its only 0.8mm

Yeah if only it was a bit bigger, how many times have you used it and have you seen improvement?

I will look into ordering one soon.

hi jim

i have yet to use mine. it hasnt arrived yet

will let you know if i get any improvement okay?

Thanks!

I am keen to order 1 also after reading the specs

I think I will use both the roller and the stamp to cover the different types of scars

Just did my second roll yesterday, face looks awful at the moment. Just wondering if it's possible to roll to many times? My face is very scabbed up compare to my first roll. I also noticed a small icepick scar on my right cheek after rolling which I'm confident wasnt there beforehand. I used the roller as a stamp on all my areas of scarring as well as some minor rolling but my scars are in little patches which makes this hard. Is this more likely to cause scarring? It's all scabbed over at the moment but I will find out soon enough if it fills back in. I also think I got a new scar from my first roll on my right cheek which I noticed about 2 weeks after rolling. Anyone had the same issues? Am I doing something wrong? I think my skin is 1000 times more scar prone since using BP.

i'm not sure, but i recently needled a small shallow scar on my face. i got so excited from all the popping and crackling of the scar tissue that i may have hit it one too many times because it looks like two needle holes remained. the thing is i am not sure if it was just a scarred pore or what that i had not noticed before due to the focus on the scar itself.