Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My dad had both. Fuck you all. Fuck all this shit

I don't feel everyone in this thread is inconsiderate/disrespectful to people with cancer. I think that the OP's question is formulated in a maybe not so smart way. A lot of people here are teenagers...which is something to keep in mind. A lot of the time they don't stop to think about certain things while they should. Also many people here are strung out and stressed which sometimes results in threads being posted that could/should have been thought through more.

I'm sorry to hear you were offended.

Edited by Lapis lazuli

I understand if someone would choose cancer later. Acne usually (sadly) equals low self-confidence, and that can destroy one's youth. However, there are very effective cures for acne, we just have to find what works for us, it can be individual. Personally, I'd rather suffer from acne and put effort on curing it, than knowing for a fact that I'd get cancer at some point.

Also, I don't think it would be fair towards my closest ones, since cancer can kill you, acne cannot.

x

If it was as easy as making a choice I'd choose to never have either acne or cancer.

But for the sake of the thread - I'd still choose to have acne now rather than cancer later (whenever later is). I'd choose acne even though it has horrible emotional / mental health impacts and affects how I interact with people sometimes. I know that dealing with cancer would be so much worse and quality of life living with cancer would be far far worse than with acne. I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone - nor acne - but I think if it was as easy as making a choice for one over the other, anyone who chose cancer would be regretting that choice pretty quickly...

erm. let me tell you about my grandmas?

one has cancer and the the other one doesnt. one who has cancer got it cured, but still gets crap. the other one who is cancer free has alcheimers and get plenty other crap as well. either way both have lot of old age shit and thats totally regardless of cancer.

point is, in old age youll be fucked anyway? and i agree to poster 3 posts above, fuck all of this. blink.png

Edited by blahkun

i agree to poster 3 posts above, fuck all of this. blink.png

Wouldn't those be four posts above? :think: I mean it's the fourth post above yours...not the third?

^ my mistake dude. more correctly would probably be to say: poster above 3 posts, but seems like you solved the puzzle afterall, so its fine

^ my mistake dude. more correctly would probably be to say: poster above 3 posts, but seems like you solved the puzzle afterall, so its fine

Ok. =]

You can actually cure both by eating just plant-based. I am a vegan for life and I eat mostly veggies and fruits. My skin is starting to glow, but I have new acne scars which sucks, but it will cure it soon. I am sure I won't have it for ever. I will also be prevented from cancers and diseases. I will live longer and have a lot of energy and look great. smile.png

Vegan is the way to live.

Edited by Ghostunit

You can actually cure both by eating just plant-based. I am a vegan for life and I eat mostly veggies and fruits. My skin is starting to glow, but I have new acne scars which sucks, but it will cure it soon. I am sure I won't have it for ever. I will also be prevented from cancers and diseases. I will live longer and have a lot of energy and look great. smile.png

Sorry to have disappoint you but Robin Gibb was an "ardent" vegan and a teetotaler and he still got cancer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Gibb#Personal_life

I completely disagree with this statement; In fact, it comes across as quite ignorant. A healthy diet (be it vegan or another form) can most certainly aid in cancer prevention (to some extent) and even, in some cases, as treatment. However, it is assuredly not a cure. As for acne scarring, I also highly doubt a diet is an effective "cure".

Edited by UnacceptedRealist

Sorry to have disappoint you but Robin Gibb was an "ardent" vegan and a teetotaler and he still got cancer.

http://en.wikipedia....b#Personal_life

Yeah, but that's probably rare. I think he lacked of raw percentage. it is recommended to go 80% when you're old ;\ lots of veggies and fruits~ biggrin.png

It is important to protect yourself and only plants provide all the protection. So I am happy being a vegan regardless of skin problems. I prefer health more than skin problems

Edited by Ghostunit

Yeah, but that's probably rare. I think he lacked of raw percentage. it is recommended to go 80% when you're old ;\ lots of veggies and fruits~ biggrin.png

What does that mean? :)

It is important to protect yourself and only plants provide all the protection.

The mind is a powerful thing; if you actually believe that then being a vegan may indeed make you more healthy! wink.png I don't think you're right though... It's just like... What is it called? Homeopathy? Where they cure all sorts of little sicknesses by eating certain oils and leaves from plants. I don't believe in that, really. There may be some things in there that work but in general it's not what they claim it is. eusa_think.gif

There's nothing wrong with living a vegan life but it doesn't necessarily mean that you will avoid all cancers and diseases. You may lessen your risk of diseases that have things like obesity as a risk factor if you eat healthy and exercise but there are many risk factors and reasons people can get diseases. And as long as you're stil getting the needed amounts of protein etc that non-vegans or non-vegetarians get a lot of from meat, it is still very healthy :)

And like Lapis mentioned - a lot of it could be to do with the mind set of a person

But like I said - nothing wrong at all with being vegan - and if you love it, continue with it! Definitely healthier than if someone was eating fast food every day :P A lot of people claim diet has really helped their skin/acne - doesn't always appear to be a vegan or raw diet. But I think it's good to remember what works for one person may not work for another...

There's nothing wrong with living a vegan life but it doesn't necessarily mean that you will avoid all cancers and diseases. You may lessen your risk of diseases that have things like obesity as a risk factor if you eat healthy and exercise but there are many risk factors and reasons people can get diseases. And as long as you're stil getting the needed amounts of protein etc that non-vegans or non-vegetarians get a lot of from meat, it is still very healthy smile.png

And like Lapis mentioned - a lot of it could be to do with the mind set of a person

But like I said - nothing wrong at all with being vegan - and if you love it, continue with it! Definitely healthier than if someone was eating fast food every day tongue.png A lot of people claim diet has really helped their skin/acne - doesn't always appear to be a vegan or raw diet. But I think it's good to remember what works for one person may not work for another...

I don't know where you learn that! But going 80% or more raw, mostly veggies and fruits will protect you a lot. At least going vegan will prevent heart disease which is the number one killer in USA. It also prevents other diseases and cancers. smile.png I do trust Dr. Fuhrman and Dr.Campbell ha ha.. I learn all that from them. Meats are the cause of heart attack. ;\

Edited by Ghostunit

There's nothing wrong with living a vegan life but it doesn't necessarily mean that you will avoid all cancers and diseases. You may lessen your risk of diseases that have things like obesity as a risk factor if you eat healthy and exercise but there are many risk factors and reasons people can get diseases. And as long as you're stil getting the needed amounts of protein etc that non-vegans or non-vegetarians get a lot of from meat, it is still very healthy smile.png

But like I said - nothing wrong at all with being vegan - and if you love it, continue with it! Definitely healthier than if someone was eating fast food every day tongue.png A lot of people claim diet has really helped their skin/acne - doesn't always appear to be a vegan or raw diet. But I think it's good to remember what works for one person may not work for another...

I don't know where you learn that! But going 80% or more raw, mostly veggies and fruits will protect you a lot. At least going vegan will prevent heart disease which is the number one killer in USA. It also prevents other diseases and cancers. smile.png I do trust Dr. Fuhrman and Dr.Campbell ha ha.. I learn all that from them. Meats are the cause of heart attack. ;\

Well I don't think I said anything wrong in my post there. What I said is basic knowledge to me as I've heard it again and again over the years. I study health sciences and do a lot of health based and disease based courses which look at health behaviors and the causes of disease among other things.

Anyway - I'm not going to get into a massive debate over this and lead this thread further off topic, but meat is not THE cause of heart disease or heart attacks. You can't say that the reason someone had a heart attack was directly because they ate meat. All diseases have many contributing factors and it's often a combination of these factors and exposures that lead to disease presence in an individual.

I never said that being raw vegan is bad or that it isn't healthy. I did say that it may lessen your chance of disease. So can any healthy diet. A person doesn't have to eat a specifically raw vegan diet to be eating healthy and therefore lessen their risk of developing a certain disease.

Basically I'm just saying that you can't completely guarantee that by just eating a raw vegan diet you will avoid all cancer and disease.

Edited by Lilly75

who gives a fuk if you live long

i dont want to live long

i want to live happy

People with mild mental illnesses such as anxiety or depression are more likely to die early, say researchers.

They looked at the premature deaths from conditions such as heart disease and cancer of 68,000 people in England.

The research suggested low level distress raised the risk by 16%, once lifestyle factors such as drinking and smoking were taken into account.

More serious problems increased it by 67%, the University College London and Edinburgh University team said.

The risk among those with severe mental health problems is already well documented.

But researchers said the finding among those with milder cases - thought to be one in every four people - was concerning, as many would be undiagnosed.

The Wellcome Trust-funded study, published in the British Medical Journal, looked at data over 10 years and matched it to information on death certificates.

This is the largest study so far to show an association between psychological distress and death, according to scientists.

Lead author Dr Tom Russ said: "The fact that an increased risk of mortality was evident, even at low levels of psychological distress, should prompt research into whether treatment of these very common, minor symptoms can modify this increased risk of death."

John Williams, head of neuroscience and mental health at the Wellcome Trust, said: "This study highlights the need to ensure they have access to appropriate health care and advice so that they can take steps to improve the outcome of their illness."

Paul Jenkins, chief executive of the charity Rethink, said: "Sadly, these findings do not come as a surprise.

"While this study looks at depression and anxiety, people with severe mental illnesses such as bipolar disorder and schizophrenia die, on average, 20 years earlier than the rest of us. It's an absolute scandal.

"There is a huge lack of awareness amongst health professionals about the increased risk of physical illness for this group, which means people are dying needlessly every day."

Edited by Binga

without a doubt i pick cancer later. The life I'm living now because of acne is not worth living

If it is THAT bad and you're an adult have you considered accutane? surprised.gif

^ this too, so much

I completely disagree with this statement; In fact, it comes across as quite ignorant. A healthy diet (be it vegan or another form) can most certainly aid in cancer prevention (to some extent) and even, in some cases, as treatment. However, it is assuredly not a cure. As for acne scarring, I aslo highly doubt a diet is an effective "cure".

i agree with this or else it needs to be superspecific to your dna situation? but even then it may not be enough, because how powerfull can all those plants be? P: basically it is something that can reprogram dna somehow? what can be so small and subtle yet powerfull and effective to get there? somekind of frequencies or lasers, idk, maybe on even atomical level? nanoparticles? its almost like for some of people it is needed for major scientific breakthrough overall to happen to cure their acne because it is not even specific disease but just a symptom like a big math problem inside of you. ><

People with mild mental illnesses such as anxiety or depression are more likely to die early, say researchers.

They looked at the premature deaths from conditions such as heart disease and cancer of 68,000 people in England.

The research suggested low level distress raised the risk by 16%, once lifestyle factors such as drinking and smoking were taken into account.

More serious problems increased it by 67%, the University College London and Edinburgh University team said.

The risk among those with severe mental health problems is already well documented.

But researchers said the finding among those with milder cases - thought to be one in every four people - was concerning, as many would be undiagnosed.

The Wellcome Trust-funded study, published in the British Medical Journal, looked at data over 10 years and matched it to information on death certificates.

This is the largest study so far to show an association between psychological distress and death, according to scientists.

Lead author Dr Tom Russ said: "The fact that an increased risk of mortality was evident, even at low levels of psychological distress, should prompt research into whether treatment of these very common, minor symptoms can modify this increased risk of death."

John Williams, head of neuroscience and mental health at the Wellcome Trust, said: "This study highlights the need to ensure they have access to appropriate health care and advice so that they can take steps to improve the outcome of their illness."

Paul Jenkins, chief executive of the charity Rethink, said: "Sadly, these findings do not come as a surprise.

"While this study looks at depression and anxiety, people with severe mental illnesses such as bipolar disorder and schizophrenia die, on average, 20 years earlier than the rest of us. It's an absolute scandal.

"There is a huge lack of awareness amongst health professionals about the increased risk of physical illness for this group, which means people are dying needlessly every day."

you dont need to research that even? people who have psychological distress are more likely to do suicide and die sooner than even experience those die 20 yrs earlier? basically they either way are closer to death. and psychological pain > physical pain imo. when you have physical problem it is mind that can create less painfull perspective so it is less pain (comforting thoughts, hope for better etc) so you can extend it, but if you are in severe psychological pain with no ways about it, theres no way to go but to hurt yourself physically to numb that kind of pain which doesnt really work because that just deepen the problem or works just temporarily. acne fe being nuisance the way it is, is perfect thing to cause psychological distress. it is very important problem on surface, that gets judged harshly and everyone can see yet isnt taken serious as problem/disease. it creates lots of constant and bugging distress in persons mind that way.

Yep, I would rather take cancer at 80. Hell I would rather die guaranteed at 70/80 years old if i could just wake up tomorrow with perfect skin for the rest of my life. How good can life be at old age anyway...you will already have other conditions to deal with..weaker joints...lower energy...etc. It is a fact of life.

and....I would rather live a happy life especially while I am young. agree with that poster.

I know the tremendous pain cancer causes not only for the patient but for the families...but at least you have support...you have people fighting with you every step of the way (in the vast majority of cases)...people are rooting for you, doctors, nurses, family...and if you do beat cancer you are a hero. When someone talks about cancer it is always a sad story...people give empathy....Acne on the other hand is and almost always has been a personal, psychological battle...no one is fighting for you..people think it's vain or trivial...but when they see a severe case of acne you're treated like a leper. People just say "wash your face", "how can it get that bad?"...and when you finally beat it and if you come out scarred people will look at you as "the crater face" or "eh hes good looking but what about those scars?" I know there are exceptions for both cases...and I have seen both cases at their worst. Both are conditions I would never wish on anyone. god forbid, and my acne isnt "severe" (but it is really bad) but I have known a few who have had it really really horrible. Before i broke out in cystic acne which required me to take accutane a second time, I heard what "clear" people say when they talked about other's skin. "O hes good looking but his skin..." "You think shes hot?...its just pictures...she has acne EVERYWHERE shes so gross"..."O the kid with the burn scars or something?".etc...just some examples I heard people say to ME about others when i had mild acne....before I had my onset of cystic acne...(trust me I stay CLEAR of these people now that I broke out bad). Acne can be devastating...and now that I am in somewhat of the same boat I am pretty bummed the f out....What if these people are saying this stuff about me? I am psychologically a wreck. I know some people will relate to you, some will look past it, mostly other sufferers, but there are always some ignorant ones that will make your life hell.

(PS I am not trying to make cancer sound any better...just adding perspectives for both conditions and my perspectives with knowing people with severe cases of both unfortunate diseases).

YES I am having a terrible day today and am being awfully pessimistic.. Maybe my tune and outlook will change when I finish accutane and get scar treatments (damn I really hope it does)....god damn fuck acne and cancer. agree with that poster too. and fuck ignorant people!

Edited by awesomenesssquared

"...Acne on the other hand is and almost always has been a personal, psychological battle...no one is fighting for you..people think it's vain or trivial...but when they see a severe case of acne you're treated like a leper. People just say "wash your face", "how can it get that bad?'...and when you finally beat it and if you come out scarred people will look at you as "the crater face" or "eh hes good looking but what about those scars?"

My life story summarized in a few sentences.

"...Acne on the other hand is and almost always has been a personal, psychological battle...no one is fighting for you..people think it's vain or trivial...but when they see a severe case of acne you're treated like a leper. People just say "wash your face", "how can it get that bad?'...and when you finally beat it and if you come out scarred people will look at you as "the crater face" or "eh hes good looking but what about those scars?"

My life story summarized in a few sentences.

Same here. At some point though you have to make a choice. 1 you can live a miserable life hiding and hating yourself. Or you can say you know what? fuck it? Im a beautiful person on the inside and just because my skin has acne on it or scaring or redness, im still the same. This is in no way putting down anyones thoughts, because my life has been a fucking disaster the past 6 months, and i struggle with that logic. Literally today marks the 6 months of my breakout and when my life took a 180 complete turn just like that.

So Yes, I would rather take cancer late and risk that and have clear skin. I and we dont deserve to be miserable. And yes...I would rather live a short but HAPPY life, then a long and have a big chunk of it be unhappy and miserable.

Edited by Murph89

....the hell?

Obviously no cancer...look, I know first hand how depressing/debilitating/life-crushing etc acne can be, but the fact of the matter is that it's not life-threatening and if we're all really honest with ourselves, acne doesn't make us feel the way we do...only we do that. I see people with severe acne and they're still happy because they don't let it affect their lives like that, with cancer you don't have much choice. With acne at least there is hope that we can learn to not give a damn about it and live happily, with cancer you can try to be happy but it can kill you, and make you and those around you suffer. No comparison in my eyes.