Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am so upset right now that I want to cry. We went away this weekend to visit my family and I bought a new face wash while there because I forgot to bring mine (I use Cetaphil) and I thought I would try Aveenos's Clear Complexion cleansing pads since I've used the Positively Radiant pads before and I loved them! Since I had some acne starting on my jawline, I went for the Clear Complexion pads instead. I used it friday night and saturday morning and was fine. Then I used it last night and I insantly knew something was wrong - my face seemed really irritated right after, red, and it hurt. I went to sleep and woke up to my skin looking kind of okay, although I honestly didn't inspect it. Within an hour of being awake though my face was splotchy red (the worse redness is on my right side of my face), rash down my neck, a cross between it's itchy and it hurts, burning, skin feels tight and has a rough texture, and underneath my eyes looks like I have a sunburn and it's swollen. I only washed my face with water today. I took a benadryl around 2pm and then slept for awhile. Woke up and it was still red & irritated but I thought it might have subsided some so I washed my face with my Cetaphil and then used Cetaphil moisturizer and within a minute my face is bright red again, itchy, and burning again.........what the hell!? I have enough problems with my face with mild acne and moderate acne scars that leave me feeling like crap, now this?? Has anyone heard of anything like this??

I am so upset right now that I want to cry. We went away this weekend to visit my family and I bought a new face wash while there because I forgot to bring mine (I use Cetaphil) and I thought I would try Aveenos's Clear Complexion cleansing pads since I've used the Positively Radiant pads before and I loved them! Since I had some acne starting on my jawline, I went for the Clear Complexion pads instead. I used it friday night and saturday morning and was fine. Then I used it last night and I insantly knew something was wrong - my face seemed really irritated right after, red, and it hurt. I went to sleep and woke up to my skin looking kind of okay, although I honestly didn't inspect it. Within an hour of being awake though my face was splotchy red (the worse redness is on my right side of my face), rash down my neck, a cross between it's itchy and it hurts, burning, skin feels tight and has a rough texture, and underneath my eyes looks like I have a sunburn and it's swollen. I only washed my face with water today. I took a benadryl around 2pm and then slept for awhile. Woke up and it was still red & irritated but I thought it might have subsided some so I washed my face with my Cetaphil and then used Cetaphil moisturizer and within a minute my face is bright red again, itchy, and burning again.........what the hell!? I have enough problems with my face with mild acne and moderate acne scars that leave me feeling like crap, now this?? Has anyone heard of anything like this??

Unfortunately, I've had that sort of reaction to Aveeno's Clear Complexion Cleanser. It worked beautifully for two weeks--I even had a person tell me my face was really clear. And then one day it stopped working and I got a really bad rash all over my cheeks. I'm really sorry this thing happened to you.

The only thing I can tell you to do is to let it rest. Don't wash it with anything else besides water or cold cream (non-harmful, but if it stings don't use it). If possible, use moisturizer. Moisturize VERY frequently, every few hours or so, and when it's been about 2-3 weeks, try exfoliating lightly (I use Clean and Clear Daily Cleanser). Don't scrub, just pass it lightly over your skin in one sweep and no more. But exfoliate only when you're sure that your skin can handle it and the redness and swelling have gone down. And get lots and lots of sleep. Get rest and that'll also help you.

DON'T try anything new during this period of recovery and don't try anything new for the next month or so after your skin heals--you need to be absolutely sure your skin is well again. During the month or so after the skin heals, just start your day off by washing with warm then cold water, patting dry with a towel, and moisturizing. At night, wash, exfoliate (lightly!) and moisturizer a lot. This will probably at least calm down your skin.