Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
typoprone

Scar on nose that looks like a zit

Since 2007, I've had this thing on my nose:

post-86468-1268556607_thumb.jpg post-86468-1268556617_thumb.jpg

For a while I thought it was just a stubborn zit, but the fact that it's still there, many years later, leads me to conclude that it's actually a scar... that just happens to look like a zit. There's no pus inside and it won't flatten out no matter how much benzoyl peroxide or salicyclic acid I dab onto it.

I've come to terms with the crater on my nose, but I want this zit-slash-scar thing gone!

Anyone else have something like this? Can I get rid of it? I want to scrape it off or burn it off or something... :wall:

post-86468-1268556607_thumb.jpg

post-86468-1268556617_thumb.jpg

Hey my cousin has something like that. She has like perfect skin and just that zit looking thing that's been there forever. I asked her why it didn't go away because i thought it was a zit. She said that a vein popped in her cheek, shes thinking about going to the dermatologist. I suggest you go too, don't do anything that might leave an even more serious scar. Maybe its the same case for you, because they both look the same but hers is bigger.

Ah, the dermatologist route. Is there anything a dermatologist could even do to mitigate the scar, though? Someone suggested a cortisone injected right into the sucker, but I'm kinda skeptical...

Ah, the dermatologist route. Is there anything a dermatologist could even do to mitigate the scar, though? Someone suggested a cortisone injected right into the sucker, but I'm kinda skeptical...

I had several of those on my nose and chin. what my dermatologist did was cauterize them. i was skeptical at first because it might induce further scarring but i agreed anyway because i was desperate at the time. :( anyway, the cauterization did flatten the scars and the general texture of my face improved. i'm not sure how i got them as the zits on my cheeks or forehead didn't leave such scars. i have a theory though that cort injections have something to do with them. :think:

honestly, that bump on ur nose doesnt bother me at ALL. haha its sooo small nd only sum1 who was very picky about people's noses would notice it i think :)

BUT i totally feel you. my situation is a bit worse, because i have a hypertrophic scar on my nose, but its the size of a raisin (its HUGE!! its not bulging out that much but its very wide and red)... ive had 5 surgeries at the dermatologist, and after each time the scar has become flatter, but i still notice that people look at it when i talk to them. it really hurts my self esteem and whenever we play "noses" (you kno the one where the last person to touch their nose has to do whatever the whole group doesnt wanna do?), i get SOO self-conscious because i feel like everyones gna pay attention to that THING on my nose.

anyway, i was looking into silicon sheets nd creams. apparently its a very easy way to reduce the appearance of hypertrophic scars. im thinking of trying this one out. there are a lot of good reviews on it!

http://www.syprex.com/ShoppingCart/index.c...p;ProductID=137

so dont worry, you're not alone :)

hey well ... i don't really know about the scar (zit-like bump) but im really not bothered by it.

but can you tell me hor you got that indented scar ? i have one which is REALLY similar like this on the other side of my nose . It all happened when i picked onto the new skin ( a scab just dropped off the day before ) because it had a blackhead on it which won't go away , but that blackhead finally when away , the layer of new skin got "tore away" leaving a indent on my nose very similar to yours . It happened 2 days ago.. this indent always glows under the light because i have a very oily nose , which make it like 10x more noticeable . Will it heal eventually or would it stay like this for the rest of my life ?

Guest Timehealsall

i have several of these as well 13life (mines are enlarged/dilated pores) Yes i know what you mean when you say it looks horrible under lighting with oily skin. I do not think they ever heal.

You picked at your blackhead, so its understandable why you got the scar. mines just randomly dilated/enlarged.. sucks!

i have several of these as well 13life (mines are enlarged/dilated pores) Yes i know what you mean when you say it looks horrible under lighting with oily skin. I do not think they ever heal.

You picked at your blackhead, so its understandable why you got the scar. mines just randomly dilated/enlarged.. sucks!

mmm i don't really know if it was a blackhead but what i know is that it most likely isnt a pore that i damaged but it more like the layer of skin i picked away , i rmb that moment that , i keep scratching that particular area to make the "blackhead " go away but ended up scratching the new skin away , there wasnt blood under it but instead it was slightly red on the middle . Well if they would never heal , would they at least improve just a little bit ? when i tilt my head slightly to a side , it looks like the "hole" was just a thin layer below the rest of the skin . But what make it looks horrible is that its a freaking huge area that was scraped away .

Guest Timehealsall

mmm i don't really know if it was a blackhead but what i know is that it most likely isnt a pore that i damaged but it more like the layer of skin i picked away , i rmb that moment that , i keep scratching that particular area to make the "blackhead " go away but ended up scratching the new skin away , there wasnt blood under it but instead it was slightly red on the middle . Well if they would never heal , would they at least improve just a little bit ? when i tilt my head slightly to a side , it looks like the "hole" was just a thin layer below the rest of the skin . But what make it looks horrible is that its a freaking huge area that was scraped away .

im confused. How did you scrape away skin? I mean you should have seen bleeding if you scraped healthy skin to cause an indent. I am sure it was a blackhead or something of that nature..

im confused. How did you scrape away skin? I mean you should have seen bleeding if you scraped healthy skin to cause an indent. I am sure it was a blackhead or something of that nature..

mm.. LOL i'm not sure what i'm even talking about now ... but i sorta pick on it ( the new skin , sorta because a scab just fallen off like the day before ) and a layer of skin drop off , yes i thought it would bleed but didnt , the skin underneath it was just slightly red , now the redness has disappear but what is left is like a hole , like a layer of skin if gone .. well nvm i will just show u a picture of it (really blurry but u will kinda understand what i mean )

Guest Timehealsall

mm.. LOL i'm not sure what i'm even talking about now ... but i sorta pick on it ( the new skin , sorta because a scab just fallen off like the day before ) and a layer of skin drop off , yes i thought it would bleed but didnt , the skin underneath it was just slightly red , now the redness has disappear but what is left is like a hole , like a layer of skin if gone .. well nvm i will just show u a picture of it (really blurry but u will kinda understand what i mean )

yea, a blackhead probably was not the cause. Maybe you should put neosporin on it?

nope , i don't have it ... but what does it do to help ? this happened like 2 -3 days ago , so will it still work ?

neosporin usually helps heal freshly popped pimples. but if the area has healed up and your just now dealing with this "scar", than i don't think it will do much. but you could still try, neosporin isn't really expensive, between $5-10 for a tube

neosporin usually helps heal freshly popped pimples. but if the area has healed up and your just now dealing with this "scar", than i don't think it will do much. but you could still try, neosporin isn't really expensive, between $5-10 for a tube

well ... ok ... grahhh i'm so fed up with myself right now ... i really wish it will heal ... -.- i had a scarred pore ( a HUGE ONE with shiny edges ) but it healed like 90% now and the hole is pretty small , and now i have another huge "scar" on the other side of my nose ... awesome ...

are these holes only on your nose area? because i have had acne on my nose plenty of times and sometimes i would even rub them off which was a bad idea. the pimples were gone but there were holes on my nose too. i was scared too at first but eventually they became smaller and less noticeable. so don't worry so much, just make sure you don't rub/scratch off your acne in the future. if your still worried though, try visiting a doctor or even better a dermotologist as they'll give you better advice.

and as for your picture.... it's pretty dark so maybe try taking another one with lights in your room? but either way the hole on your nose doesn't look very serious, so just give it time and it will heal.

mm the hole wasnt caused by acne, i picked a new skin ( a scab just drop off not long ago ) and well ta-da , a hole ... i have holes on my cheeks too , i have no idea how they formed but they are pretty small so i'm not bothered by it , well lol i really hoping it will heal back to normal skin or at least improve over time ...

Guest Timehealsall

well ... ok ... grahhh i'm so fed up with myself right now ... i really wish it will heal ... -.- i had a scarred pore ( a HUGE ONE with shiny edges ) but it healed like 90% now and the hole is pretty small , and now i have another huge "scar" on the other side of my nose ... awesome ...

dood why dont you stop picking at your nose, maybe you wont scar that way? :D

Guest Timehealsall
are these holes only on your nose area? because i have had acne on my nose plenty of times and sometimes i would even rub them off which was a bad idea. the pimples were gone but there were holes on my nose too. i was scared too at first but eventually they became smaller and less noticeable. so don't worry so much, just make sure you don't rub/scratch off your acne in the future. if your still worried though, try visiting a doctor or even better a dermotologist as they'll give you better advice.

and as for your picture.... it's pretty dark so maybe try taking another one with lights in your room? but either way the hole on your nose doesn't look very serious, so just give it time and it will heal.

hey simpsons, just curious but how hard did you rub these pimples off? I am currently using benzoyl peroxide on my nose because i have a lot of zits, and the bp makes my nose very flaky/dry. The problem is, when i rub these flakes off, its very difficult to see the zits, so i dont want to rub the zit off. Were you rubbing very hard? or just moderately hard and they came off?

@Timehealsall i'm trying to stop myself from picking on my nose ...whenever i scratch the blackheads , i will feel "Clean" -.-I just can't seem to learn my lesson!!zzz i'm so angry with myself and my itchy finger .. arhh regretting now is useless ... just wan to keep my hopes up that it will heal eventually . btw when i when to watson , i couldnt seem to find the neosporin .. as the shop was so big , i probably miss it somewhere o.>

btw i got a picture of that hole on a brighter place - the shiny parts seems alttle bit like edges .. shines so brightly ... -.-

post-138749-1289480542_thumb.jpg

post-138749-1289480542_thumb.jpg

Edited by 13kid

@Timehealsall i'm trying to stop myself from picking on my nose ...whenever i scratch the blackheads , i will feel "Clean" -.-I just can't seem to learn my lesson!!zzz i'm so angry with myself and my itchy finger .. arhh regretting now is useless ... just wan to keep my hopes up that it will heal eventually . btw when i when to watson , i couldnt seem to find the neosporin .. as the shop was so big , i probably miss it somewhere o.>

btw i got a picture of that hole on a brighter place - the shiny parts seems alttle bit like edges .. shines so brightly ... -.-

is that the hole in the middle? it looks like a blackhead, the picture is still kind of blurry though. as for the neosporin, it is near the medicine area, so check there, ask people if you can't find it. neosporin will be useful in the future incase you ever get more pimples and scratch them off - neosporin is very good at healing freshly picked pimples. and go speak to a doctor or a dermatologist if you have insurance, if not they will charge you, so maybe try speaking with your parents about it. as for the itching or scratching habit that you have, buy a pair of cheap gloves for when your sleeping so that the nails on your hands don't scratch your face. i actually thought your hole was a lot bigger, but it isn't even that noticeable even with a bit of light showing on it. no need to worry so much, it will a little better with time.

Edited by thesimpsons

.. I have a question - why does the skin on the indent always look shiny ? i mean the rest of the skin doesnt look THAT shiny , but howeva the skin on the indent always look super shiny ... i can't stop looking the mirror ... every night i sleep - "maybe tomorow it will heal !! maybe tomorow it will heal !! " but the 2nd day - damn it ... still the same shit eva ..

is that the hole in the middle? it looks like a blackhead, the picture is still kind of blurry though. as for the neosporin, it is near the medicine area, so check there, ask people if you can't find it. neosporin will be useful in the future incase you ever get more pimples and scratch them off - neosporin is very good at healing freshly picked pimples. and go speak to a doctor or a dermatologist if you have insurance, if not they will charge you, so maybe try speaking with your parents about it. as for the itching or scratching habit that you have, buy a pair of cheap gloves for when your sleeping so that the nails on your hands don't scratch your face. i actually thought your hole was a lot bigger, but it isn't even that noticeable even with a bit of light showing on it. no need to worry so much, it will a little better with time.

lol its not a blackhead ... the skin on the indent is normal skin colour ... its clear - no blackhead no nth , it just that it look indented ... yes it isnt that noticeable because its the front view , but still you can notice its a hole , on the side view , its looks horrible ... its as if i take a knife , use it to cut a layer of skin and left that hole -.- and the middle part of the hole looks deeper and the edges will always reflect the light , if the there is no edges,only the hole , it would be alot less noticeable .. and i have already talk to my mother , lol , she doesn't even look at it and say "it's alright , it will heal .. don't bother with it " lol ... i'm not that sure .. and now im constantly putting a nourishing cream (white cherry and aloe vera) on it so it will "fill" the hole , but nah , after awhile -looks the same ...Is doing this bad for the hole ?Btw for the glove thing , i don't really scratch my face when i'm sleeping , it's when i have too much free time , then i do stupid things like this ... Well , i have no one to blame except myself ..*Sigh*Man i wana fast foward like 3 month to see if this indented hole really does improve ... haiiz...

Edited by 13kid

I had several of those on my nose and chin. what my dermatologist did was cauterize them. i was skeptical at first because it might induce further scarring but i agreed anyway because i was desperate at the time. :( anyway, the cauterization did flatten the scars and the general texture of my face improved. i'm not sure how i got them as the zits on my cheeks or forehead didn't leave such scars. i have a theory though that cort injections have something to do with them. :think:

Did the cauterization work? Are they still flat?

lol its not a blackhead ... the skin on the indent is normal skin colour ... its clear - no blackhead no nth , it just that it look indented ... yes it isnt that noticeable because its the front view , but still you can notice its a hole , on the side view , its looks horrible ... its as if i take a knife , use it to cut a layer of skin and left that hole -.- and the middle part of the hole looks deeper and the edges will always reflect the light , if the there is no edges,only the hole , it would be alot less noticeable .. and i have already talk to my mother , lol , she doesn't even look at it and say "it's alright , it will heal .. don't bother with it " lol ... i'm not that sure .. and now im constantly putting a nourishing cream (white cherry and aloe vera) on it so it will "fill" the hole , but nah , after awhile -looks the same ...Is doing this bad for the hole ?Btw for the glove thing , i don't really scratch my face when i'm sleeping , it's when i have too much free time , then i do stupid things like this ... Well , i have no one to blame except myself ..*Sigh*Man i wana fast foward like 3 month to see if this indented hole really does improve ... haiiz...

can you repeat again how you got the hole indent in the first place? was it acne or just some sort of bump on your nose? and how long did you have it for? i don't know what to say, i mean if it was acne that you rubbed off then the hole may be there for a while before it heals up a bit. if it was not acne, i'm not sure then. but try to ask your mom and see if she can make a doctor's appointment or bring you to see a dermatologist as they are professional and can help you better.