Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soxfan24

The worst I have ever been

I was as close to tears last night as I have been in a very long time. This is as bad as I have ever seen my skin. It might not look like much in the picture, but the cluster of pimples on my cheek is very red and painful. I couldnt even sleep on that side of my face because it hurt so bad. Every time I try to smile or chew I can feel them throbbing. I have three right in my hairline on my temple that are also really, really painful. I had midterms this week and I know that is exactly what caused all this. I stressed so much about those stupid tests and then I got a 72 on one of them and that made it even worse. The next day all my little friends popped up. Im into my third month of Erythromycin and it hasnt done a damn thing. And before anyone says Accutane, Ive decided Im not going to go on it. My doctor has mentioned it to me, but I am not going to trade acne for those crazy side effects. I am unbelievably frustrated. I am 19 freaken years old. I expected acne when I was like 15 but I am soooo over it now. Some of my friends from high school are home on break this week and I was looking forward to seeing them, not anymore. I dont want to go anywhere. I dont even want to go to the pharmacy anf pick up my topicals. F*** acne

post-122503-1268507876_thumb.jpg

post-122503-1268507876_thumb.jpg

Edited by soxfan24

Acne friggin sux! I'm sorry your having such a tough time right now. I'm 27 and still dealin with it. Do you generally get breakouts like that and then they go away and you are 100% clear, or do they go away and more pop up somewhere else? What are you using on your skin?

My skin is generally clear, but that one spot on my cheek has been breaking out for the last month. I never used to breakout there, ever. Then all of a sudden they popped up and wont go away. The rest of my face is clear as day and I have no clue why.

I use Aczone twice a day, Tazorac in the morning and Clenia at night. I wash with Oxy BP wash twice a day and moisturize with Cerave twice a day. Im running out of options. I WANT IT TO STOP!!!!!!!

I wish I had the perfect reply...but its only you who can figure out whats causing this...was it something you started different??is it fungal or a bacteria...?

be calm it will get resolved....good luck

I know this advice probably won't help because it doesn't help much when anyone tells me, but you should consider yourself lucky. You have a small isolated area on your face where you have acne (and it will go away) and the rest of your skin is clear. Most members on here have acne everywhere along with those fun red marks that will make you look like you have acne even if you don't.

About a week ago I had the worst breakout one could possibly get. A huge red breakout on the tip of my nose, lookin like fuckin rudolf the red nose reindeer. Something that helped it ALOT was applying BP and then putting a band-aid over it (did this before bed). A breakout like that would normally take 1-2 weeks to completely heal and be removed from my face. After using the BP + band-aid it was gone in 3 days. I don't know why it works, but maybe give it a try?

@jasota Idk if its fugal or bacterial. I thought all acne was bacterial. Nothing changed except my stress level

@Jay326 I know its not severe, but with all the stuff I use (pills and 3 topicals) I should not be breaking out this bad. I expect to still have a few spots, but nothing that is so painful and inflamed. Ill give the BP trick a try. I have Oxy spot treatment 10% BP and I think that might be a little too much, but Ive been using with moisturizer and its kinda worked. I might have to find something with a smaller %.

We might not have the same skin type, but for me 10% BP is wayy to harsh and irritating. Whenever I do the band-aid thing, I just use a 2.5% BP, works fine.

I dont want to sound like a broken record but try Emu OIl. Read my thread on it. See my pics. It's an option that I think will help on an isolated area like yours

I would say since it's stress related maybe they will go away on their own.IMO even if you try something put it on just one spot if it works u can do the same for the others..

Don't worry..this too shall pass

Ps yep I've been reading up on several conditions that mimic acne

I would say since it's stress related maybe they will go away on their own.IMO even if you try something put it on just one spot if it works u can do the same for the others..

Don't worry..this too shall pass

Ps yep I've been reading up on several conditions that mimic acne

So you always get acne on that particular area? Odd...

Edited by EddieE

i know what its like to be a total shut-in cuz of acne, it sucks bigtime but it'll get better, and ur friends wont mind one bit, they're your friends cuz they care about YOU, not your skin. I'm one of the LAST people i though who'd be saying this but: you shouldnt stress so much about it, it'll only make it worse. So, on your break, go out and hang with your buds, ull forget all about acne

Erythromycin... there is a waste of time to behold. It did nothing for me either in like 6 months of having it.

If the acne is popping up in the same little area, it may because you are being to tentative when washing that area. Make sure its washed well with water (whether after applying a topical or not) and then dry it well too, even at the expense of a little irritation from drying. The important thing is to keep the area clean properly washed and let it heal.

@ EddieE right now its just that one spot. I never ever ever got pimples on my cheeks until like last month and that one area will just not clear up. I have had similar isolated breakouts like this before. Ive had them on my forehead and sides of my nose, but they usually went away after a few weeks.

I know that overall my skin isnt that bad, but having this one massive breakout stands out even worse because the rest of my skin is clear. I guess what really bothers me is that I know Im so close to getting clear but I just cant get rid of this final little bit. As soon as this clears up I know that Ill like relapse and they will come back just as bad. I religiously follow the regimen my derm gave me, and I mean RELIGIOUSLY. I have only missed 1 night of washing my face in at least the last 6 months. Could I be over doing it? Im not dry or flaky. I moisturize every time I wash and apply my topicals, but could it still be too much for my skin?