Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i dont honestly think that people with clear skin have any idea how we sufferes feel. i mean ive actually rang in sick to work because i just couldnt walk out the door with my face looking so bad. i have spent hours in one sitting trying to perfect my make to cover my spots, but to no avail .ive cancelled trips and nights out because of my spots.the other day i wanted to have wax at the beauty spa, it took me all my time to get ready and go, because the beauty therapist has got the clearist skin and i didnt want her to look at mine and think "ugh!"i dread someone knocking on the front door (postman etc) because i dont wear makeup in the house, so i just pretent im not in!!! i hate the hair dressers as they are up close and i constantly think about what they must be thinking about my spots. i find my self trying to explain about my acne, and that i have done everything i can and tried all the medication and products but nothing works, just so they dont think that i dont realise how bad i look.i mean this is on my really bad days, but it just goes to show how having spots can really lower your self esteem and confidence. i HATE acne!!!!!!!

So I assume you've looked into accutane?

yeah ive been on accutane.it worked a bit but came back quickly. it also made me really low, i got really bad exma and my lips and nose cracked and bled alot despite using creams etc.so not the best experience.

Sounds like we both are having the same type of days lately. I tried to get someone to take my shift on Sunday, telling them I felt really sick because I didn't want to go to work with my acne but to no avail. Plus this really cute girl rang the door today asking for a donation and I couldn't look her in the face and that alone made things awkward.

Every time I think my acne is clearing up, more seem to show up randomly or over the same spots that just healed. This shit needs to end!

I have never had this of low of self-esteem before. Today is one of the first gorgeous days we had in a very long time in Minnesota and I stayed indoors.

Yeah, i know the feeling. There have been so many days i have shut myself off from the world.

For a while, i didn't even enter the lottery, because on the odds i won the jackpot i feared i would have to have my pic taken with the winning cheque!! Oh lord what the hell was i thinking, like a few million was not worth the motivation.

i totally know were your coming from!!! going to the hair dressers is terrible i cancel half the time because i look so bad! and before school i use to cry because i looked so bad! being fat with acne is the worrst ever! i have very low self esteem! i used to be depressed about it! i got over it because i relised you only live once! so just be happy and dont care what others say of you! if your ugly who cares, if your positive and fun to be around people will look past your acne! i know its easier said then done but just think if your dead tomorrow youll regret not having fun. dont let acne ruin your life, ruin its life!!

good luck

Yeah, i know the feeling. There have been so many days i have shut myself off from the world.

For a while, i didn't even enter the lottery, because on the odds i won the jackpot i feared i would have to have my pic taken with the winning cheque!! Oh lord what the hell was i thinking, like a few million was not worth the motivation.

That's kind of ridiculous. Not gonna lie. haha.

That's kind of ridiculous. Not gonna lie. haha.

lol i know.

I facepalm at the thought of why i did that.

No one understands unless they have it themselves, or have had it. I hate staying over a friends house because I have to make sure I have my antibiotics and then I have to take them while Im there. Sometimes I wind up having to take them in front of people and I know their thinking 'what are those for". I dont know if I should tell them or let them ask, its so akward.

Edited by soxfan24