Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My derm is a retard too....he sat there and stared at me with his magnifying glass.....told me "hmmm....I don't know what to do with you...." Gee, ok, thanks doc!

That was the last time I had an appointment with a derm. It was a waste of money...he told me to keep using differin and to continue taking the same antibiotics. I have managed to clear my face without his help. Now I have to deal with the aftermath. You are the expert of your own body.

1st off the magnifying glass think that goes on his head? ahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahaha thats so funny cause mine does the same thing. 2nd off if there is one thing I could change it would be going on Differin because that in an essence is the root of my severe acne. I hate that cream, and I suggest no one ever uses it again.

My derm is dry and quiet to the point of, seemingly, not even caring. He seems unable to show any emotion, and just appears to have no idea whatsoever how awful severe acne can be - atleast he gives no outward indication he does.

When he inspects me he brings this huge flourescent light thing on me and make these contorted faces. Every question I ask gets a short answer of mionimum detail. Sometimes I ask twice just to get a trickle more insight from him.

Needless to say if all my acne medical knowledge came from my hospital visits I would no absolutely fuck all.

I agree derms are idiots and assholes sometimes. I went to 5 diff ones when i had mild acne and all they do is ply you with awful creams and peels and crap that makes you look so much worse

I swear if i 'd never sent foot in a derms office (and was never vegetarian) I think my skin would be fantastic now. Anyway, the last derm I had (which was too late anyway cause i already got the patch of scars that are driving me nuts) was GREAT but she doesn't take insurance and is a top cosmetic doc. I came in with five pimples a while ago and she got all freaked and said i should NOT HAVE ANY then dug them all out without leaving a mark.

I'm in New York.....New York magazine has a list of the best derms and you should go by that. She treated my acne and it's never been back since (even through my punk bitch veggie diet, the accuatne was enough to keep the acne at bay until i stopped the diet). She didn't bullshit me with fifty diff. creams. She's been on accutane twice, had treatments done on herself so she knows the effects. I personally feel that a woman derm may be better. I don't know they listen more? Although i've had shit for brains women docs soooooo....

My Doc. is Karyn Grossman by the way. I also find that for treatments and refernces go to a hspital derm clinic.

Thanx ETD :shifty:smile.gif

I would post my pic but don't want the hassle (and the one I haveon my comp, it looks like my skin has zero probs)...plus i'm freaked someone in my "regular life" would be like, what's she doing in here blah blah blah. It's hard though, because all I fixate on are the flaws and I just assume other people do to...

yes, totally change docs if youre not happy with your current one>don't waste any time, but the accutane was a good move, it really was, you're totally clearing up and are lookin' good!

I think some doctors in general are morons..

My derm literally glanced at me and then wrote a prescription and sended me out the door within 3 minutes max. I at least expected her to look at my face and tell me what I could expect. Maybe I should have asked her more questions but I hate going to doctors who show no sympathy for your condition and just hand out prescriptions. It's as if I'm burdening them.

Derms have the easiest job in the world when it comes to acne because it's always hit and miss..

Basic rules they probably go bye.. If moderate/severe: Accutane

If Mild/Moderate: Oral Antibiotic

If Slight/Mild: Topical

Actually all the derms I have had have been quite cool people...particuarly one who has previously struggled with acne herself and was very sympathetic.

I think the thing to remember is that if you have done even a small amount of acne research - a derm will probably NOT be able to tell you anything you don't already know. As has been said above you know exactly what they have on their meds menu...

My theory is that eventually acne will be cured by some type of needle injection, just like a flu shot or hepatitis or anything else, that the derm will administer... some kind of formula that runs into the bloodstream, I don't know why this doesn't already exist in 2004.

Man I have a hard time getting out of my derms office because I serioulsy think he finds a new problem with my skin every time I am in there.

Derms are miracle workers. Because you he/she couldn't fix your acne, doesn't mean he/she is stupid Enter_The_Dragon. It simply means, that you acne is different from the conventional type.

My theory is that eventually acne will be cured by some type of needle injection, just like a flu shot or hepatitis or anything else, that the derm will administer... some kind of formula that runs into the bloodstream, I don't know why this doesn't already exist in 2004.

Better to have a moronic derm than a perverted one.when I was sixteen, and first saw a derm for mild/moderate acne he'd do peels on me but make me lie down every time and ask me questions about whether I made out with boyfriends a lot because heavy kissing or a hicky could transmit disease. Oh he was the one who left a little scar by my nose and eye AFTER I told him to just do a really light peel and that i probably wouldn't be coming back...i think he did it on purpose. :angry:

Seriously, ETD>Don't know why I kept going back to him>he wasn't a bad derm, but i definitely think he got back at me, I mean he pressed the freakin' q tip with the acid into the side of my nose (the scar is really small thank god)...anyway i had no marks then so I think all those "peels" were just a reason to have me keep coming back and taking my $$$$$ and more opportunities for him to be a perv. <_< So what happened at that derm?? You don't have to say it but if it made you feel weird totally never go back